IGNORED

I found Jessas bridesmaid dresses

Eliza

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like that flappy piece of fabric on the chest, but I love the fact that Jana didn't have to alter them. That makes me happy.

I agree with not liking the weird fringe thing that, IMO, draw attention specifically to the bust. I thought that was the opposite of what they try to do with their styles of dress. I think something like this wouldve been really cute too

http://www.mikarose.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=294

I really like all of the mika rose dresses tbh. Theyre at the opposite end of frumpers; really cute and well designed modest wear that even "regular" women would wear.

I'm relieved that someone finally took advantage of the many already-modest dress options available instead of making a stink about alterations.

I agree with not liking the weird fringe thing that, IMO, draw attention specifically to the bust. I thought that was the opposite of what they try to do with their styles of dress. I think something like this wouldve been really cute too

http://www.mikarose.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=294

I really like all of the mika rose dresses tbh. Theyre at the opposite end of frumpers; really cute and well designed modest wear that even "regular" women would wear.

Super cute, but too much knee - Jana would have to sew a panel in.

I looked through the Mikarose website a bit and I'm a shoulder/knee baring heathen, but I'd wear a lot of their stuff. Proof they can still adhere to their modesty standards without looking frumpy/breaking the bank/enslaving Jana for weeks.

I looked through the Mikarose website a bit and I'm a shoulder/knee baring heathen, but I'd wear a lot of their stuff. Proof they can still adhere to their modesty standards without looking frumpy/breaking the bank/enslaving Jana for weeks.

yeah but they would weaken their point that they're so separate from the world and the world is just a bunch of heathens that wear practically nothing and are soooo immodest. :roll:

Jessa knew where to look. Jill should have, too. Hope more of the weddings take their cue from Jessa and stop with the Cinder-Jana carryings-on.

Super cute, but too much knee - Jana would have to sew a panel in.

Not necessarily: even with the dress Jessa chose, on the model you get a bit of defrauding knee cap action. However, on women with less lengthy legs, as shown in the bridesmaids dresses, it stops right about midcalf, tea length if you will. Here's an example from their sight on a more average height woman, the hem stops nowhere even close to her knee.

MDS2422ClaraSage_LRG.jpg

I'm gonna say it... I really don't like the dress. It's not the worst dress I've ever seen, but it isn't super flattering and quite frumpy looking. It's not the flap that bothers me, but the weird rouching thats happening throughout the bodice. I am happy that they didnt have to alter anything, though.

I think it's really cute. The ruffle makes it surprisingly flirty... especially for the Duggars. And it's something that wouldn't be crazy to wear out and about with some cute boots.

Maybe there is some hope for Jessa after all. She's pushing the boundaries a bit lately. We might be misjudging her.

Its good that Jessa got dresses for herself and her bridesmaids that Jana did not have to spend weeks altering. Why didn't Jill get dresses that were actually modest instead of immodest ones that Jana can alter? It can be done, Jessa pulled it off so well. I guess Jessa has more of an eye for fashion and stuff and could see that the alterations to make the dress modest made it less beautiful.

I thought the lace ones were genuinely cute. On the spectrum of fundie maid gowns though, Jessa picked a Parisian fashion week gown.

These all just look like nice church dresses to me. Nothing particularly special.

To me, it looks like Jessa is going to the prom while her sisters are headed to church.

I wouldn't say I like the dress Jessa chose, but I like it more than Jill's simply because Jessa's dresses didn't involve Jana being a slave to needle and thread for a month.

Personally, I don't believe for one moment that Jill couldn't have found modest, off the hanger dresses for her maids. I think Jill likes to play the role of super-special, super-modest, holier-than-thou martyr. I think she wanted to find a "perfect" dress that would have to be altered so that it could fit her modesty storyline.

Admitting that you can wear dresses off the hanger doesn't make you seem as super special as if you have to have them altered. It's not the good "testimony" she's always going on about.

I am not a fan of the asymmetrical ruffle and I am not a fan of jersey for a wedding. I find it too casual. Personal taste aside, I love that Jessa was able to find an affordable, modest dress that didn't require her sibling to slave away for hours to make it. The color is also wayyy better. Kudos on that.

The more I look at it, the more I dislike the choice of the coral color. The color itself is pretty but with a blush wedding dress it just doesn't jive well. Had Jessa's dress been white or ivory the coral would have worked better. I think that doing the bridesmaids in blue or gray would have been a nicer look. Or even a coral that was more red than orange, like Ben's bow tie and the flowers appeared to be. Orangey coral and blush pink just don't compliment each other.

I really like the dress. It's something they could wear anywhere. I know it's not as fancy/special. But I like when brides have the bridesmaids in actual wear anywhere dresses - why waste $50 on something you can't wear again? And if they hate it - at least it's not a fortune.

I really like the dress. It's something they could wear anywhere. I know it's not as fancy/special. But I like when brides have the bridesmaids in actual wear anywhere dresses - why waste $50 on something you can't wear again? And if they hate it - at least it's not a fortune.

EXACTLY. I'm pretty sure it was Jill who said on camera that she was hoping to get bridesmaid dresses that could be worn again...hel-LO, no one is going to wear THOSE HOT MESSES again! But Jessa pulled it off. I would totally wear that dress out somewhere.

Considering these are the same girls that wore matching Little House On The Prairie frumpers just over 10 years ago (MIchelle included) I think they did damn well in all respects with the wedding attire.

Not necessarily: even with the dress Jessa chose, on the model you get a bit of defrauding knee cap action. However, on women with less lengthy legs, as shown in the bridesmaids dresses, it stops right about midcalf, tea length if you will. Here's an example from their sight on a more average height woman, the hem stops nowhere even close to her knee.

MDS2422ClaraSage_LRG.jpg

thats the dress that i think would have looked better for the wedding of Jill. It would have made the guys wear less loud tie color imo and this dress would work for Jessa's wedding better without the weird boob thing MDS001coralproduct_LRG.jpg

I think that has dress choice may be an indication that they didn't film her whole wedding plannig process. For Jill, they needed them to try on dresses and Jana altering them because TLC needed a story line. And simply ordering dresses online, well, isn't a story line.

I'm betting on max three episodes for the Benessa engagement. A venue shopping/ ice cream doscussion episode, a wedding dress/ bridesmaid dresses came in the mail episode, and then the wedding.

Archived