IGNORED

Pecan and Pris are having a....

xReems

After watching some of the video, I can't help wondering if she's being coached by David to slow down and enunciate clearly, and she's taken it to a point where it just looks bizarre. If anyone remembers her before this (I don't know if she was ever on TV or Youtube before her marriage), did she always speak this way? Did she used to speak quickly, or have a mush-mouth, or the like?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Priscilla is probably a little bit below average intelligence. That doesn't mean she has a disability, but it might make her more vulnerable, particularly if she's a sensitive sort and was raised in a culture emphasizing submission, unquestioning obedience, fear of damnation and so on (which she was). And she pretty much always looks terrified, so sadly her expression is nothing knew. Hope she has a safe labour and a healthy baby. Can't hope for much more, unfortunately.

It can reach a point of disability though. She seems to have challenges most people don't have, and this puts her at a disadvantage and she's ripe for abuse, which is what would be happening if that husband of hers knows she's mentally slow, and uses that to his advantage. At least Caleb consented to marriage with fully functioning facilities. If Pris's prematurity contributed to her apparent slowness, and her family used that to make her unusually meek, and PT uses this to get her way, this is bordering on abuse. I'm worried about her, and have been since I first read about her and watched some of her videos. She, more than any other fundy, even more than Nurie, I want to snatch out of where she is and get her some help. I'm seriously, seriously worried about Pris.

Yep. In my dream world,the fabulous Pecan Thief runs off with his best mate Robert Staddon (who posted a line on twitter the other day about nobody being born Gay :rolleyes) to New York and Priscilla gets to take her children to live near family and friends who can emotionally support her and love her for who she is.

I'm not sure what happens to Kendalyn in this fantasy. Maybe she can find someone who can help look after her kids while she goes to nursing school.

One can dream...

They have a new post up, and I couldn't help but put in my own narration while reading it, especially the part about "Paul has a strange delight in balls and finds anything that remotely looks like a ball appealing," especially after reading uber frau's comment about David & Robert running off together. As a grammar freak who will be teaching a class soon about writing for social media, it pains me to read his stilted quasi-third person writing. And does Priscilla have Satan Eyes again in the still of the video about the baby reveal?

Also, does Valerie Waller look pregnant in the picture of her in that latest post? They haven't posted anything to their blog since June but their daughter just turned 1 in September.

After watching some of the video, I can't help wondering if she's being coached by David to slow down and enunciate clearly, and she's taken it to a point where it just looks bizarre. If anyone remembers her before this (I don't know if she was ever on TV or Youtube before her marriage), did she always speak this way? Did she used to speak quickly, or have a mush-mouth, or the like?

Watching her in Anna's wedding video she was remarkably less stilted.

I happened to catch her in that this afternoon when she was wearing the thing to be her mom in one of the reenactments (though I don't think it was her in the actual reenactment, was it?)

And obviously in all those earlier videos she knew she was on camera/on video, so it's not like she wasn't ever on camera knowing it was even going on TV - and heck, for much larger audiences than their little things now.

She's never seemed especially quick/sharp, maybe to say, but she's never seemed slow or dim like she seems to basically be now.

So while some of it may be some strange effect Pecan Thief has had on her with trying to get her to over enunciate on video, that seems SUPER odd since she obviously had been on video and film long before he came around. But I guess he's her headship now... :roll:

Pris looks fabulous for nine months pregnant! Or anytime, really.

:turkeybaster: :stork-pink:

^ That there's a turkey baster, y'all.

It's a....GIRL! Born today...her name is Davia and they have already slapped a horrible headband on her. (it's on the new Waller instragram and twitter).

She's cute - looks like Mack.

It's a....GIRL! Born today...her name is Davia and they have already slapped a horrible headband on her. (it's on the new Waller instragram and twitter).

She's cute - looks like Mack.

Davia? Seriously?

Pecan is such a narcissist. Did he really need to saddle his daughter with that ghastly name? Couldn't wait until his next male blessing?

Davia? Seriously?

Pecan is such a narcissist. Did he really need to saddle his daughter with that ghastly name? Couldn't wait until his next male blessing?

Looks like a pink hat with a weird ribbon brim on it. Gotta make sure people know she's a girl straightaway.

And Davia? Really? Will they pronounce it Dah-vee-uh or Day-vee-uh or something different? So many pretty Biblical names out there for girls, and they name her something so meh. Will be interesting to see how they spin the name (will David make Priscilla prattle on about how his daughter is his namesake, or will he just say they named her for something else)? At least it's not the same letter as their son ala the Duggars.

....Aaaaaand all of my questions were answered!

"The name Davia [pronounced deh-VEE-uh] comes from the name David, which means beloved or loved of God. When we recognize God’s love for us, His love casts out all fear. His immense love poured out to us gives us the ability to allow God to love others through us."

Wow, Pris looks pretty good for being up most of the night in labor and giving birth just this morning. Must have been an easier birth the second time.

And isn't this what the Duggars say? "Children are a gift from God! Someone once asked, “How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers!â€"

Sorry, David, flowers and children are not the same in any universe.

Archived