IGNORED

Pecan and Pris are having a....

xReems

This is what fundies want to raise their daughters to be? This poor woman was intentionally turned into a mindless dolt. Slow is a nice way to say it . No mind of her own so every word is a struggle. I just find it unfathomable that this existence is one people choose, for themselves but worse, for their offspring. I'm sure Priscilla's parents are chest thumping proud of their robotic daughter and that makes me ill.

"Mindless dolt" is probably the best way I've heard anyone describe her. It makes me sick too. I see Priscilla as evidence #1 of what all women would be like if fundies ruled the world. That's what they want women to be. It's absolutely disgusting.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think she did say "she'll be fine" but then she was in the middle of talking about Mary on a donkey... so who knows. :lol:

LOL! Totally made me laugh, BUT....

I definitely think the context was her OWN "she."

"And I thought, (meaning, compared with Mary), "SHE'LL be juuuust fine, bouncing down the road in the motorhome." (holds her belly as she refers to her "she.")

Notice she said, "she'll. She WILL. As in future tense.

I PREDICT (based on the above) GIRL, GIRL, GIRL!!!

p.s. It's an RV, Pris. R....Veeeee! Motorhome is so 1980s.

All I remember is that Paul was a big baby and she had a bit of a rough time. It was a home birth.

David didn't give many details except to say the labor was long and hard. It was a home birth and the senior Wallers were there but not Pa and Ma Keller.

"God has graciously blessed us with a son–Paul William Waller. He arrived today, March 16 at 3:42 a.m. He is the cutest little baby, but a big one weighing 9 pounds 11 ounces and 22 inches long. God’s mercy was with us all of the way as the labor was longer and harder than we anticipated."

Really? I know they all talk like this, but how was "God's Mercy With" Pricilla a longer and harder labor than they had anticipated? And the "US" bit is annoying. Yes, God's mercy was with David as his wife had a longer and harder labor? God's mercy would be a short and relatively painless labor, which does occur, but not usually with big first babies.

Men who tell me how tired they were from staying up all night when their wives are in labor annoy the bejesus out of me.... as does David's sentence here.

I feel sorry for his wife on so many levels.

i wonder if Pris knows she can move around and even squat during labor. I have a feeling she probably was on her back and trying to get away from the pain, too frightened to think, in pain too intense to find a comfort zone.

I've had only one natural birth, but laying back was excruciating. It was an all natural birth at a hospital, and two nurses tried to get me to lay flat on my back. It was a wrestling match and i won. :lol: The compassionate labor nurse actually set up a birthing bar after things got less intense. I hope Pris knows she can be upright, and the gravity will help. But then, my baby was more than 3 lbs. smaller than hers, that would make a world of difference. I hope it goes easier for her this time.

Didn't David or Priscilla later say that she had been in labor for 26 hours (omg)? She was attended by some "team", probably full-tilt Gothard. I doubt pain relief was high on the agenda, if on it at all.

Priscilla looks rather large. Wouldn't surprise me if this baby is bigger than Paul was...and just as cute.

Surely if God was showing mercy the labour would have been shorter and easier?

Dear Davy Waller needs to see Mila Kunis's take on "we" are pregnant.

[bBvideo 560,340:ca9ea05g]

[/bBvideo]

All I remember is that Paul was a big baby and she had a bit of a rough time. It was a home birth.

She strikes me as petrified. I feel so bad for her.

Really? I know they all talk like this, but how was "God's Mercy With" Pricilla a longer and harder labor than they had anticipated? And the "US" bit is annoying. Yes, God's mercy was with David as his wife had a longer and harder labor? God's mercy would be a short and relatively painless labor, which does occur, but not usually with big first babies.

Men who tell me how tired they were from staying up all night when their wives are in labor annoy the bejesus out of me.... as does David's sentence here.

I feel sorry for his wife on so many levels.

Maybe the mercy was that she didn't die.

Dear Davy Waller needs to see Mila Kunis's take on "we" are pregnant.

[bBvideo 560,340:c48gamvb]

[/bBvideo]

I don't mind men who are appropriately involved saying "we." My husband was very excited, very involved, yet gave me space and didn't try to take over. Someone like David though probably says "we" because he thinks he should be the person in charge. My husband saw pregnancy as something we did together. I did the baking, and he did the pampering and late-night runs to satisfy my cravings and massages and everything else I asked. I think I had it easier during pregnancy than he did. :)

This is what fundies want to raise their daughters to be? This poor woman was intentionally turned into a mindless dolt. Slow is a nice way to say it . No mind of her own so every word is a struggle. I just find it unfathomable that this existence is one people choose, for themselves but worse, for their offspring. I'm sure Priscilla's parents are chest thumping proud of their robotic daughter and that makes me ill.

I defintely agree that this is not the way for one's daughter to turn out (with no choice toward higher education, independence, equality, etc.) But her struggle to form cohesive sentences is not likely from "no mind of her own." She was raised by the same parents as Anna and her sisters, after all, and they are all capable of basic communication. I do believe Pris has either a lowered IQ and/or learning disability of some sort. To that end, she is sadly easily swayed and I feel very sad for her.

TLC needs them to have a girl so they can marry it off to a granddugarling in 18 years. (Season 27 of 19 Kids & Counting!)

They can marry her off to Baby Boy Dillard.

I'm not even going to attempt listening to this. I've seen the results of Pris trying to recite David's scripts in the past.

What gets me is hw much more intelligent she sounds when she is filmed with the Kellers or with the Duggars. I have three podcasts of Pris: looking after the little Duggars to help out Michelle, in Malaysia with JD & Jana and in interview with Anna, filmed in their old room in Florida. In these she doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer but she speaks in clear, coherent sentences. No hesitation, while she searches for words or ideas. I believe her problem is with trying to recite Davy's scripts rather than being slow. I don't think Davy understands that his wife is not as clever as he is. Not surprising really - empathy is not really taught in fundydom. If he left her alone and said "Talk about being pregnant" I bet he would get a much better result. Of course, that would mean letting go of control.

David likes to show her up. It makes him feel superior, to appear smarter than her and that makes him appear to be very juvenile indeed.

Are they adopting the mormon view of families? I'm confused about this "children are eternal" crap she keeps reciting. Yes, you believe that their souls are eternal but they've never rambled about the actual child being an eternal creature. And WTF is up with diapers being gold? They're plastic and cotton your kid shits in, not gold. Pecan needs to work on his off the cuff analogies.

Pris may look large because she hasn't gained much weight (David's probably making her exercise like the last time), but it isn't unusual for women to have similar sized babies. My mother - who smoked like a chimney through all her pregnancies - had five babies ranging from 8 lb 8 oz to 8 lb 13 oz, so not much variance.

She does look terrified, poor lass, so its a safe bet the labor with Paul was hellish. I don't know much about fundie home births, but are her attendants likely to know when it's time to consider a hospital for a possible C-section? Or is that ultimately her headship's call?

I'm confused about why they're getting a TLC special. Are there actually non-FJers who care about them? That sounds meaner than I meant it, but I'm just surprised since I didn't realize they they generate that much interest.

I'm confused about why they're getting a TLC special. Are there actually non-FJers who care about them? That sounds meaner than I meant it, but I'm just surprised since I didn't realize they they generate that much interest.

His videos dont get that many hits so I dont think they are all that popular in fundie world. It may just be a "share the wealth" family thing or some kind of fucked up tie in with Jill's pregnancy.

LOL! Totally made me laugh, BUT....

I definitely think the context was her OWN "she."

"And I thought, (meaning, compared with Mary), "SHE'LL be juuuust fine, bouncing down the road in the motorhome." (holds her belly as she refers to her "she.")

Notice she said, "she'll. She WILL. As in future tense.

I PREDICT (based on the above) GIRL, GIRL, GIRL!!!

p.s. It's an RV, Pris. R....Veeeee! Motorhome is so 1980s.

Yeah, I definitely think the next little nut (Peanut? Pistachio? Praline?) is a girl. While Pris could have been referring to herself or Mary, or slurring the word "should," any of those would make for an awkward sentence. Although, Pris is awkward, so your guess is as good as mine.

antwan, I *really* dislike being picky and pedantic, but the word "motorhome" did not die with the 80s. Or the 90s. To some people, a motorhome is a type of recreational vehicle (see Wikipedia). To others, that's just what they call an RV. It's a regionalism. Just because you think the word is archaic doesn't mean it actually is.

There are a lot of really good reasons to snark on Pris. I wouldn't consider her use of the word "motorhome" one of them. Your mileage clearly varies.

*goes back to lurking*

I defintely agree that this is not the way for one's daughter to turn out (with no choice toward higher education, independence, equality, etc.) But her struggle to form cohesive sentences is not likely from "no mind of her own." She was raised by the same parents as Anna and her sisters, after all, and they are all capable of basic communication. I do believe Pris has either a lowered IQ and/or learning disability of some sort. To that end, she is sadly easily swayed and I feel very sad for her.

This is why I'm more concerned about her than a lot of other fundy girls. She really does seem like she has some sort of mental disability, even in her better videos without David around. I don't get the feeling that she's just plain stupid, but more like she has a slow ability to understand. She struggles with so much that I think she should have been evaluated at some point to make sure she doesn't have a disability, and if she does,to help her learn to work with it instead of keeping her in the position of broodmare. She had the same upbringing as her sisters who can string sentences together. She has a hard time forming a single sentence.

She looks so scared about labor again that I can't believe she's freely consenting to any of this. I just want to swoop in and take her out of the hell she's living in.

This is why I'm more concerned about her than a lot of other fundy girls. She really does seem like she has some sort of mental disability, even in her better videos without David around. I don't get the feeling that she's just plain stupid, but more like she has a slow ability to understand. She struggles with so much that I think she should have been evaluated at some point to make sure she doesn't have a disability, and if she does,to help her learn to work with it instead of keeping her in the position of broodmare. She had the same upbringing as her sisters who can string sentences together. She has a hard time forming a single sentence.

She looks so scared about labor again that I can't believe she's freely consenting to any of this. I just want to swoop in and take her out of the hell she's living in.

IIRC, she was a premie at birth and I really do wonder if there were some developmental issues associated with her prematurity that were not addressed. Add to that SODRT education that might set her back even further. It's hard to know but she really does seem to struggle and especially with David around. She tries so hard to please him which seems to stress her out and makes it even more painful to watch.

When I heard of her long labor with a big baby at home I really did feel for her. She couldn't have had any pain relief, it must have been a nightmare. Interesting that her SIL, Valerie (David's brother's Adam's wife) had her baby in the hospital.

Priscilla is probably a little bit below average intelligence. That doesn't mean she has a disability, but it might make her more vulnerable, particularly if she's a sensitive sort and was raised in a culture emphasizing submission, unquestioning obedience, fear of damnation and so on (which she was). And she pretty much always looks terrified, so sadly her expression is nothing knew. Hope she has a safe labour and a healthy baby. Can't hope for much more, unfortunately.

Archived