IGNORED

Kirk Cameron's thoughts on Jessa's wedding

bluehydrangea

In People. The actual title is "Kirk Cameron on the Duggar Wedding: I Want a Guy Who Respects My Daughters Like That" (Fun fact, People -- it was the Seewald wedding. But I digress...)

http://www.people.com/article/kirk-came ... ar-wedding

To paraphrase, Kirk would never dream of wasting his frequent flyer miles to go to a "friend's" wedding (read: acquaintance), but he wanted his daughters to see for themselves how Ben honors and respects Jessa. Alrighty then.

I remember when Kirk converted to Christianity. He didn't invite ANY of his cast mates to his wedding. They didn't even know he had gotten married & few were hurt by that. These are people were a part of his life for well over 5 years. I realize people have a right to invite whoever they want...but wouldn't you all assume these people knew each other very well. Allen Thicke said was quoted saying how hurt & disappointed he was about not being invited to Kirk's wedding. Now this fart is bragging about flying his daughter's across the country...to see a couple kiss for the 1st time???

LOL at him trying to say his presence was determined by ANYTHING other than the awful movie he is working on. He can check "1000 ticket pre-sales" off his to-do list now.

Kirk Cameron is a nut. I feel for his daughters who are apparently being "reared" just like the Duggar slaves. Set your sights higher, ladies. You can do better than a Ben Seewald 2.0. Maybe even find a man who doesn't judge your worthiness as a future wife by how pure he judges your heart and body to be? (getting too ambitious here...)

This is my first post! :dance: Does anyone else see a Howler/Cameron collaboration in the next 10 or so years? Seems like Kirk is getting to be a bit more fundie lite and by the time the Howlers are adult men I think JB and Michelle will be significantly less controlling, chalk that up to "growing pains" :wink-kitty:

LOL at him trying to say his presence was determined by ANYTHING other than the awful movie he is working on. He can check "1000 ticket pre-sales" off his to-do list now.

exactly! and all those wedding guests' friends.

Kirk Cameron is a nut. I feel for his daughters who are apparently being "reared" just like the Duggar slaves. Set your sights higher, ladies. You can do better than a Ben Seewald 2.0. Maybe even find a man who doesn't judge your worthiness as a future wife by how pure he judges your heart and body to be? (getting too ambitious here...)

You mentioned 1000 ticket pre-sales. At the time Mel Gibson's movie about Jesus came out, I lived in a small, rather conservative, town. I remember one of the physicians in town bought out an entire showing of the movie and gave out tickets to anybody who wanted them. Though the theater was not full, it did appear as a sell out crowd. Just my opinion that this kind of thing goes on a lot when "Christian" movies are shown. They try to skew the figures to show more people saw the films than actually did. Doesn't seem "kosher" to me.

You mentioned 1000 ticket pre-sales. At the time Mel Gibson's movie about Jesus came out, I lived in a small, rather conservative, town. I remember one of the physicians in town bought out an entire showing of the movie and gave out tickets to anybody who wanted them. Though the theater was not full, it did appear as a sell out crowd. Just my opinion that this kind of thing goes on a lot when "Christian" movies are shown. They try to skew the figures to show more people saw the films than actually did. Doesn't seem "kosher" to me.

Yuck. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I think the fundie community knows how important it is they keep at least a few big-name people in the forefront of media attention, so they all build on each others' fame.

Jim Bob uses his family as a walking, talking advertising firm. ATI, Ken Ham, politicians, anti-abortion groups, everything down to the products and companies they advertise on the show...Famous Footwear, the hair salons, the nail company, the event spaces Jill toured that they clearly were not going to even consider using, Focus on the Family, and of course, Kirk Cameron. For people like the Duggars, people really need to get over the idea that their instagram, facebook etc. is even remotely a personal page. It is a BUSINESS media tool to them and nothing they post is casual or an accident, and that doubles for people they feature on their show IMO.

(Fun fact, People -- it was the Seewald wedding. But I digress...)

People always put the Duggar name in their articles. Jill is always Jill Duggar Dillard; Jessa will most likely end up being Jessa Duggar Seewald in articles. :?

Archived