IGNORED

Jessa's Engagement Episode 11/4/14

JumpingD

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guinn and Jessa seemed more like mother and daughter than Michelle and Jessa. I hope Benessa move to the Hot Springs area, because despite many of their convictions, the Seewalds would be a great influence and support system to Jessa.

That makes sense. Michelle is a shit mother and has ignored Jessa since she was no longer the youngest. She sees her children as objects-someone to get attention from by having all of these kids dressed alike, playing violin together and getting people to notice her, someone to do all of the household chores while she does nothing, someone to raise all the other kids she spawned so she doesn't have to.....and then someone to provide grandchildren to fuel her addiction to newborn babies.

When was the last time Michelle had a genuine deep conversation with Jessa (or any of her children) that was not scripted by TLC, and not "Come into the prayer closet and tell me all of your secrets and confess your sins so we can judge you". I bet she cannot list 10 things about any of her children that does not have to do with their birth story or baby years, and isn't the usual "diligent, loves God, is a Christian" stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Duggar kids don't develop a closer, parentlike relationship with their in laws or another person of about that age to replace the parents they never had.

I hope they move closer to Ben's family too, they still have the same beliefs, but they will give them more freedom.

When was the last time Michelle had a genuine deep conversation with Jessa (or any of her children) that was not scripted by TLC, and not "Come into the prayer closet and tell me all of your secrets and confess your sins so we can judge you". I bet she cannot list 10 things about any of her children that does not have to do with their birth story or baby years, and isn't the usual "diligent, loves God, is a Christian" stuff.

For all the times I've put Bin down, at least he could probably name 10 things about Jessa that don't include 'Her birthday is November 4 and she loves the Lord'.

For all the times I've put Bin down, at least he could probably name 10 things about Jessa that don't include 'Her birthday is November 4 and she loves the Lord'.

And that is one of the reasons, I believe, that she is soooo into him, -she feels like she MATTERS, like she's validated.

Sounds right. However, still makes me wonder,then, why they wouldn't have offered up a video congrats like Josh/Anna did. Odd, coming from a family that is "so close" and "each other's best friends." :think: :roll: :think:

Jill was probably salty because it wasn't all about her. She got the first female wedding, preggers on wedding night - she's just like her mother!

Guinn Seewald

November 4 at 9:24am ·

The wedding weekend was absolutely lovely! Cannot wait to post pictures! We are in a bit of a waiting period to respect standard procedure.

Jessa was a breathtaking bride and, I do believe from the moment she walked down the aisle and took Ben's hand to the end of the ceremony, my son had tears of joy streaming down his face. Oh, Happy Day!

Guinn Seewald

November 4 at 11:31am ·

If anyone is interested, Ben's proposal to Jessa airs tonight on TLC. I personally cannot wait to watch this!

Guinn Seewald

November 4 at 9:24am ·

The wedding weekend was absolutely lovely! Cannot wait to post pictures! We are in a bit of a waiting period to respect standard procedure.

Jessa was a breathtaking bride and, I do believe from the moment she walked down the aisle and took Ben's hand to the end of the ceremony, my son had tears of joy streaming down his face. Oh, Happy Day!

Dear Guinn,

Now is your time to save Jessa from her idiot parents. Us at FJ salute you!

The 19K&C Facebook page confirmed it and linked in an article to People. They don't address whether JB+M knew beforehand.

I thought the blog was spoof. Where is the media confirming that? I am hoping so, don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen anything along those lines for myself.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the thread on the spoof, and even people there are saying that Radar Online, etc., took the fake blog and "ran with it". So the media is not confirming anything, they are using falsehoods to report.

This is how rumors get started. I DO wish it were true but it looks like as of now there is no confirmation that this was what happened, other than some fake-fundy blogger making something up that the "media" tried to scoop.

2nd edit because I wrote something snarky that I didn't mean snarky, but was snarky, LOL.

Reading all comments I had to watch the episode (I haven't even watched the Jill wedding ep) and I have to say I enjoyed it.

1. The beginning of the ep showing Jessa, Jana, and Jinger just hanging out was nice. I feel like the show doesn't really show just relationship just between the siblings anymore, especially the jslaves. I feel like this whole episode showed how much closer Jessa is with her sisters than Jill was. Jill seems to have a really strong bond with the younger siblings she mothered, but Jessa seems to be really close with her peer aged sisters. Frankly, I found the lack of Jill to be refreshing. She is a lot to handle.

2. Staged or not, I really like that he chose a significant place for the proposal. She seemed to really appreciate that he chose that chapel. I think its a shame that they weren't allowed to have a small wedding that could take place there.

3. Watching Jessa try to understand Ben's overly purple prose was pretty funny.

4. I think the context of the hand holding and subsequent stink eye should be discussed a bit. Jessa thought she was getting engaged that night. I wonder if she thought that JB saying to hold hands and then Michelle's subsequent freak out were a giveaway and she was over it.

5. Jessa and Ben exchange a lot of knowing looks. I think they are both over Boob and Mullet's shit.

6. It was nice to see Jessa show some actual emotion last night.

Ben and Jessa are THE WORST on social media, but this makes me like them a bit.

Reading all comments I had to watch the episode (I haven't even watched the Jill wedding ep) and I have to say I enjoyed it.

1. The beginning of the ep showing Jessa, Jana, and Jinger just hanging out was nice. I feel like the show doesn't really show just relationship just between the siblings anymore, especially the jslaves. I feel like this whole episode showed how much closer Jessa is with her sisters than Jill was. Jill seems to have a really strong bond with the younger siblings she mothered, but Jessa seems to be really close with her peer aged sisters. Frankly, I found the lack of Jill to be refreshing. She is a lot to handle.

2. Staged or not, I really like that he chose a significant place for the proposal. She seemed to really appreciate that he chose that chapel. I think its a shame that they weren't allowed to have a small wedding that could take place there.

3. Watching Jessa try to understand Ben's overly purple prose was pretty funny.

4. I think the context of the hand holding and subsequent stink eye should be discussed a bit. Jessa thought she was getting engaged that night. I wonder if she thought that JB saying to hold hands and then Michelle's subsequent freak out were a giveaway and she was over it.

5. Jessa and Ben exchange a lot of knowing looks. I think they are both over Boob and Mullet's shit.

6. It was nice to see Jessa show some actual emotion last night.

Ben and Jessa are THE WORST on social media, but this makes me like them a bit.

she keeps posting wedding photos on her instagram and then deleting them

um hello WE see them :D

I agree about number 4

she keeps posting wedding photos on her instagram and then deleting them

um hello WE see them :D

I agree about number 4

She could be deleting them because her parents are telling her to? You never know.

She could be deleting them because her parents are telling her to? You never know.

I don't think so. I think its a copyright/contractual violation with People/TLC since the only ones that are being deleted are professional shots. The one of them sucking face is still up there, which is the one I would think her parents wouldn't want up.

I thought it was a really sweet episode. Sure, she knew he was going to propose, but I do think a young man could think up the scavenger hunt idea. I was married young as were many of my friends and having a creative proposal was a big piece of that. In fact one of my friends proposed to his now-wife with a similar kind of scavenger hunt. But I do agree that TLC probably footed the bill for the cost. It was definitely not home-spun in that sense.

I think it was nice to see their chemistry and real emotion. I hope the best for them. And I definitely think Ben was more confident and comfortable in this episode which made him more winsome.

I thought the hand-holding thing was hilarious! And how Jessa didn't even bat an eye, even when Jim Bob and Michelle kind of went back and forth. And Ben seemed a little nervous and Michelle seemed to reassure him, like: it's okay because Mom and Dad are here. Gives me hope that she does have her own mind and will at some level. That plus the steamy instagram photo. I'm not sure if that's because they are so naive they don't know it's erotic and think: we're finally kissing and can post it, or because they do know it is and kind of don't care anymore. Very curious.

Also: every time I see Ben's dad I think, "What is Steve Carrell doing on 19 Kids?"

And I did feel bad for Josh early on when he was talking about his proposal and saying it was basically in a "corner booth." But I suppose it's good he seems to have a sense of humor about it all. I think it must be hard to see how much the family lifestyle has changed even in the five or so years since he got married.

I haven't seen the engagement episode yet. My question is, why was Michelle getting upset by Jessa and Ben holding hands at the table? Josh and Anna had the icky handsex when they got engaged, so why is it different for Jessa and Ben, especially if they set their own rules for courtship?

So either they really do set their own rules, or Michelle is just a filthy hypocrite. I think I know the answer to that one...

These kids don't set their own rules. I guess hand sex was fine with Josh cause he's headship and a boy. Poor Jessa and Jill has Jim daddy as their headship. To protect their purity. And I guess hand sex leads to pregnancy

I thought the engagement episode was interesting. I don't think there's any way Ben did any of that except write the letters. TLC chose the ideas from previous episodes. TLC scripted the way it would go down, and the timing of it all.

I think Ben chose the chapel properly. I thought the engagement scene was very tender. I'd say "sweet" but Michelle has ruined that word for me. I was touched that Jessa cried. (just finished watching it..)

because it was on again tonight - I discovered something new - when Michelle was having her fit about the hand holding -Ben leaned over to look at Jessa who wouldn't look at him - tightened her hand with his and just smiled at her parents and then bowed her head

brilliant girl

Well, now I HAVE to see this episode. :lol: Jessa demonstrating a shift in power between herself and the parental units? How intriguing.

:think:

Does anyone have a link to somewhere I can watch it online? I'm in Aus and I normally have to wait months for things to be put up on Youtube.

Archived