IGNORED

Jessa's Engagement Episode 11/4/14

JumpingD

I thought the proposal was very sweet. I really like the idea of a scavenger hunt with the places being meaningful to the couple. Plus it's nice Jinger got to spend the time with Jessa during the scavenger hunt.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though everything in this episode felt sooooo staged, I enjoyed it. I think I actually liked Ben here more than I usually do, he's just a derpy teenager. (Then I remember he's married and my eyes roll back into my head)

And I loved the front hug, that was so sweet and so much more affectionate than when Dill got engaged.

One thing that kind of bothered me, they got Josh and Anna in via video conference, but the couldn't do the same thing to Josiah to make him part of the day? Even if it was just calling Jessa? That was lame.

I also found the episode fairly enjoyable but what I enjoyed the most was Jinger. I think she has such a cute personality, she seems like a very loving person, and we really were able to hear more from her in both episodes....maybe because Jill the talker wasn't on to speak for her!

It's amazing how much Jill's absence improved the older daughters' THs! Jana showed spark and personality! It was so nice to see her with Joy, being sarcastic.

After a season of Jill and perfect little life and her perfect little happy happy persona

this was a breath of fresh air

This was raw and emotional and I loved LOVED IT :cracking-up:

they embraced for a full six seconds - I counted

They held hands and and said FU to the parents

next season will be a different season

we will see real emotions

I for one am happy with the episode

Wait...I'm confused. Are you all saying they were holding hands "before" their engagement?? I gotta catch this episode so I can wittness a REAL hug from a Duggar!

Hand holding during prayers on the parent triple date - Michele about had a cow and jB told her to simmer down.

And 6 seconds of full frontal hugging after the proposal with Jinger chaperoning.

And no one said boo about the frontal hug.

Good for Jessa and Ben pushing boundaries.

If each kid does this - baby Josie will have a much different time searching for the one God has for her.

Wait...I'm confused. Are you all saying they were holding hands "before" their engagement?? I gotta catch this episode so I can wittness a REAL hug from a Duggar!

during the last supper dinner - when they started to say grace - they held hands for the first time to say grace and wouldn't stop holding hands - even though Michelle was having a mini fit until JB said it's ok and then Michelle said its ok - and you should have seen the face on ben and jessa they didn't care. Jessa said in a TH that it was special because it was the first time.

Hand holding during prayers on the parent triple date - Michele about had a cow and jB told her to simmer down.

And 6 seconds of full frontal hugging after the proposal with Jinger chaperoning.

And no one said boo about the frontal hug.

Good for Jessa and Ben pushing boundaries.

If each kid does this - baby Josie will have a much different time searching for the one God has for her.

JB will be over 70- he will hand Josie a bunch of bills and tell her to elope :D

during the last supper dinner - when they started to say grace - they held hands for the first time to say grace and wouldn't stop holding hands - even though Michelle was having a mini fit until JB said it's ok and then Michelle said its ok - and you should have seen the face on ben and jessa they didn't care. Jessa said in a TH that it was special because it was the first time.

This thrills me. OMG.

It was a cute and fun episode. Very nice that their families were included. Sometimes people surprise you and the Seewalds did in that episode. Of course, 2 unemployed, uneducated, 19 and 22 yo people should not be getting married UNLESS TLC is cutting them their own paychecks, which I doubt. I still think that they would be better off moving down to Hot Springs, working and going to CC and using the Seewalds as guidance and an emotional support system- like JB and Michelle's teenaged butts did (minus the college) but they did get real estate training, jobs and a small home.

well i come from the school of not only them making out during the engagement

but how can you care what your parents are thinking when you are about to be engaged and you hold hands during grace -

they appreciated it :D

I actually liked Ben in this episode. Maybe marriage will mature him?

The engagement was super sweet too.

if you watch from the first courtship episode to last night - it was an evolution - I STAND BY THAT :D at least onscreen-

So I have faith in him

I will never understand those facebook rants

:D

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :nenner:

This was a better episode than anything in a long long time.

It sure was. TOTALLY took me by surprise. It was (in the words of the Duggar women) precious. It truly was (just sayin').

Now, a few thoughts.....

Benessa holding hands during prayer was AWESOME. Michelle was sooooo flustered*...and they just held tight and kept a holdin'. :clap:

(I can only imagine how JB must have read that as a move of disrespect on Bin's part.)

(*I'm not rejoicing in Michelle being flustered. She made her choices in how to parent, and had that right. Rather, I'm saying that in SPITE of her being flustered, Jessa and Ben held to their own conviction on the matter. That, under the legalistic circumstances, I applaud.)

Pair that move with their refusal to kiss at the alter, and I'm thinking Jessa is less "under their authority" than they would care to come to terms with. I mean, I DO think she drank the Kool Aid. But I"m also thinking she might have spit some of it out :ew: when they weren't looking, though. She clearly isn't about to keep all of her snark and "what-hasn't-been-fully-crushed" independent spirit bottled up.

Go, Blessa!

Go, Blessa!

Go, go!!!!!! :cracking-up:

It sure was. TOTALLY took me by surprise. It was (in the words of the Duggar women) precious. It truly was (just sayin').

Now, a few thoughts.....

Benessa holding hands during prayer was AWESOME. Michelle was sooooo flustered...and they just held tight and kept a holdin'. :clap: (I can only imagine how JB must have read that as a move of disrespect on Bin's part.)

Pair that move with their refusal to kiss at the alter, and I'm thinking Jessa is less "under their authority" than they would care to come to terms with. I mean, I DO think she drank the Kool Aid. I"m thinking she also might have spit some of it out when they weren't looking, though. She clearly isn't about to keep all of her snark and what-hasn't-been-fully-crushed independent spirit bottled up.

Go, Blessa!

Go, Blessa!

I am so proud of her :D :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

she is a breath of fresh air

next season should be amazing :nenner:

I also think this was the best episode we've seen in a long time. Only thing that really puzzled me was Jim Bob lecturing Ben about needing to be able to support a wife, then giving Ben permission to propose. How will Ben support Jessa? Where are they going to live? Will middle-aged Ben still be cleaning toilets at the Compound?

Totally made no sense, whatsoever, to say that to Ben under the circumstances. We all know Ben has no real means, at all, to support Jessa. But since that is the Gothard/ATI, Patriarchy montra (have the means to support your family), I guess JB felt he HAD to represent? (even if only for show.)

Now, a few thoughts.....

Benessa holding hands during prayer was AWESOME. Michelle was sooooo flustered*...and they just held tight and kept a holdin'. :clap:

(I can only imagine how JB must have read that as a move of disrespect on Bin's part.)

(*I'm not rejoicing in Michelle being flustered. She made her choices in how to parent, and had that right. Rather, I'm saying that in SPITE of her being flustered, Jessa and Ben held to their own conviction on the matter. That, under the legalistic circumstances, I applaud.)

Pair that move with their refusal to kiss at the alter, and I'm thinking Jessa is less "under their authority" than they would care to come to terms with. I mean, I DO think she drank the Kool Aid. But I"m also thinking she might have spit some of it out :ew: when they weren't looking, though. She clearly isn't about to keep all of her snark and "what-hasn't-been-fully-crushed" independent spirit bottled up.

Go, Blessa!

Go, Blessa!

i've always thought out of the older girls, she'd be first to the frontline on running away from fundiedom. within 6 months she'll be wearing pants.

----

does anyone know if the episode is online? i'm so desperate to see!

I also found the episode fairly enjoyable but what I enjoyed the most was Jinger. I think she has such a cute personality, she seems like a very loving person, and we really were able to hear more from her in both episodes....maybe because Jill the talker wasn't on to speak for her!

And yet the parents INSIST that Jilly is the darling of the family. :roll:

One thing that kind of bothered me, they got Josh and Anna in via video conference, but the couldn't do the same thing to Josiah to make him part of the day? Even if it was just calling Jessa? That was lame.

And where were Derick and Jilly Bean??? Given that JB apparently has his hands full with "wild child" Jessa :cracking-up: (I'm reading that he begged TLC to edit the filming of Blessa's wedding because JB and J'chelle didn't know Benessa was going to pull the private kiss on the alter move until it happened, and JB wants it to APPEAR that they DID know).....so, as I was saying, you dont' suppose Blessa, showing some fire as of late, said she wouldn't do an engagement episode unless Jilly-B-Limelight was not in it to steal her thunder???

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed this episode more than I should have :) Jessa has always been my favorite and even though I have a few issues with some foundational aspects of her and Ben's relationship (i.e., Ben working for Jim Bob) they have been my favorite couple on the show. What others mistake as lack of emotion from Jessa I view as her desire to keep her relationship private and as removed from the spotlight as possible.

You can tell how much she cares from how excited she was (you CANNOT deny that she was excited even though her facial expression may have been stoic) and from how she cried when he proposed. There's something different about their romance. It's more private but that doesn't mean it's any less sweet than Jill/Derick because Jessa has a different personality. There's something refreshing about Benessa that I really approve of.

And where were Derick and Jilly Bean??? Given that JB apparently has his hands full with "wild child" Jessa :cracking-up: (I'm reading that he begged TLC to edit the filming of Blessa's wedding because JB and J'chelle didn't know Benessa was going to pull the private kiss on the alter move until it happened, and JB wants it to APPEAR that they DID know).....so, as I was saying, you dont' suppose Blessa, showing some fire as of late, said she wouldn't do an engagement episode unless Jilly-B-Limelight was not in it to steal her thunder???

Where are you seeing this?

It is sucky enough that you have your whole family involved in your love life but to know that half the world is in on it too has to suck ten gallons of pickles.

But I'm not about to stop watching this train wreck.

Where are you seeing this?

It's from a fake fundie blog that the media is reporting as truth. There's a topic on it in the Duggar forum. "Someone attended the wedding" or something like that.

I thought the blog was spoof. Where is the media confirming that? I am hoping so, don't get me wrong, but I haven't seen anything along those lines for myself.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the thread on the spoof, and even people there are saying that Radar Online, etc., took the fake blog and "ran with it". So the media is not confirming anything, they are using falsehoods to report.

This is how rumors get started. I DO wish it were true but it looks like as of now there is no confirmation that this was what happened, other than some fake-fundy blogger making something up that the "media" tried to scoop.

2nd edit because I wrote something snarky that I didn't mean snarky, but was snarky, LOL.

Archived