IGNORED

Jessa's Engagement Episode 11/4/14

JumpingD

Surprise scavenger hunt proposal - any predictions?

Mine is that Jessa is annoyed with the whole thing and that she'll correct the way he asks her to marry him. And Michelle and Jill will say "aww that's so sweet" at least 32 times.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict eye rolls and flat emotions from Jessa. The usual.

I'm a bit excited to see that glass chapel they got engaged in, though - it is gorgeous! Whether Ben or TLC picked that out, someone made a good choice for sure!

Surprise scavenger hunt proposal - any predictions?

Mine is that Jessa is annoyed with the whole thing and that she'll correct the way he asks her to marry him. And Michelle and Jill will say "aww that's so sweet" at least 32 times.

...and "season of life" a gazillion times!

I think Jessa might surprise us and act like a giddy bubbly girl who is just soooo in love. Afterall, this is her chance to have all eyes on her and I don't think she is going the give up her moment to shine.

IMO, Jessa needs to exist the Goathard "keep sweet" lifestyle tout suite. Girlfriend is not cut out for the game. She and Ben need to move south, attach onto the Seewalds, enroll in CC and get PT jobs.

I am sure the scavenger hunt will be OTT completely dreamt up by TLC to keep things interesting. All the Duggar clan will be involved. Jessa will act like she has no idea a proposal is coming, even though she has to know. Why else would she be sent on a major scavenger hunt?

They will then dedicate an entire episode to the "re-enactment" tradition, which seems to get more and more stupid and cheesy as the weddings go on...

Bin: it's going to be a scavenger hunt type deal

Jana: (doubtful frowns face with raised eyebrows) huh (thinking boy that sounds dumb)

Jana: (doubtful frowns face with raised eyebrows) huh (thinking boy that sounds dumb)

I love it.

A) Where were Jilly B and Derick??? They missed Jessa' engagement? Hmmm.

B) Michelle again seemed to be emotionally detached from the sentiment and significance of Jessa's engagement day.

C) Okay, TOTALLY surprised me, but I found this engagement to be very sweet. Sure, there's NO WAY Ben could afford to pull off such an engagement (thank you, TLC money roll). But he was so tender toward Jessa when he finally asked, and FOR ONCE, spoke eloquently. And her response was so very genuine and refreshing; real tears from Blessa. It came across as a very delicate moment. I would love an engagement moment like that. Way to go, Ben. I have to say, you did a good job, regardless of who footed the tab.

It was the best episode EVER

Ben and JB tearing up

Ben not knowing how to wrap a present - classic

His response to Josh and Anna - Classic

Joy finally liking Ben and being nice to him

Ben's hug with his dad

THE HAND HOLDING - at dinner

The winking between them

The girls enjoying him

That church :) was amazing

They deeply love one another

Such a nice to place to get married in -

The hunt - I think the people in the park were extras

The proposal so them - clean and simple and just so romantic

Jessa crying - precious

The full frontal hug

I come from the school that they kissed during engagement :D

Joy can't hold Bin's hand during prayer circle but she can do his hair?

I thought the exact same thing! She is not that young, certainly doesn't fall in the "oh she is just a girl" area. I mean he was boob level while she was fixing his hair!! :lol:

I also found the episode fairly enjoyable but what I enjoyed the most was Jinger. I think she has such a cute personality, she seems like a very loving person, and we really were able to hear more from her in both episodes....maybe because Jill the talker wasn't on to speak for her!

I also think this was the best episode we've seen in a long time. Only thing that really puzzled me was Jim Bob lecturing Ben about needing to be able to support a wife, then giving Ben permission to propose. How will Ben support Jessa? Where are they going to live? Will middle-aged Ben still be cleaning toilets at the Compound?

Let's face it, Jessa and Ben will be under JB's control until Ben grows a pair, takes Jessa, and leaves. I don't see any of that happening. Ben isn't the brightest lightbulb, and Jessa doesn't want to live in poverty. JB will do anything to maintain the Duggar image.

Having said that, I think JB may be up to something business wise. He knows the show won't go on forever, so he has to come up with ideas for his family to remain fundie royalty. I'm thinking he may form his own Gothard-like ministry, just on a smaller scale.

FROOOOOONT HUUUUGGG!!!!!!! :pink-shock: :worship: Jessa did not look sorry about that. At ALL. :D

------

Starting to wonder about the fundie-lite potential of both Jinger and Derick...Jinger dropped some Meee!chelle terms like blessed and amazing, and Derik talked about seasons of life. :puke-right:

It was the best episode EVER

Ben and JB tearing up

Ben not knowing how to wrap a present - classic

His response to Josh and Anna - Classic

Joy finally liking Ben and being nice to him

Ben's hug with his dad

THE HAND HOLDING - at dinner

The winking between them

The girls enjoying him

That church :) was amazing

They deeply love one another

Such a nice to place to get married in -

The hunt - I think the people in the park were extras

The proposal so them - clean and simple and just so romantic

Jessa crying - precious

The full frontal hug

I come from the school that they kissed during engagement :D

Lots of frontal hugging from the Seewalds. Apparently, they don't know the JimBoob/ATI rule!

Archived