IGNORED

FRC calls for Obama Impeachment

Ok, I'm not a US citizen, so I'm no expert. But I don't see this impeachment thing happening.

Yes, they can start the procedure, because they will have a majority in the Senate.

But to actually impeach him they need 2/3 of the Senate to agree. And at this point, they'll have a maximum of 55 out of 100 seats. That means a big part of the Democrats will have to vote against Obama. Is that very likely to happen? (I really don't know, is it?)

I wish ISIS would throw a bomb in FRC headquarters and decapitate all those FRC jerks who are trying to push religious freedom in government.

I wish ISIS would throw a bomb in FRC headquarters and decapitate all those FRC jerks who are trying to push religious freedom in government.

I admonish my right-wing kinfolk if they advocate violence, so in all fairness... :penguin-no:

Yikes! Strong feelings huh? I don't like the FRC- but I feel like they do enough damage for themselves by just being who they are.

I think that the more coverage groups like FRC get- the more the average American can look and go, woah- what did he just say?

I was watching The Daily Show (or maybe it was The Colbert Report) last night, and he pointed out that if Obama were impeached, that would leave us with President Biden.

Is that really what they want???

I think the Rethugs are pretty assholes and they doing the same shit that they did to Bill Clinton (times 10000), but Delaware would finally be able to have a president from our state. (I know Biden is from Scranton and moved to Wilmington when he was about 10 years old, but Dubya was born in CT and TX claims him.)

I admonish my right-wing kinfolk if they advocate violence, so in all fairness... :penguin-no:

Sorry, honey, but that idea sounds as well- thought out as a Paul Ryan budget.

Ok, I'm not a US citizen, so I'm no expert. But I don't see this impeachment thing happening.

Yes, they can start the procedure, because they will have a majority in the Senate.

But to actually impeach him they need 2/3 of the Senate to agree. And at this point, they'll have a maximum of 55 out of 100 seats. That means a big part of the Democrats will have to vote against Obama. Is that very likely to happen? (I really don't know, is it?)

Impeachment doesn't mean what they think it does. Clinton was impeached, and was still president. Impeachment is the beginning of the process to get a president out of office, but doesn't mean he will be removed.

Impeachment doesn't mean what they think it does. Clinton was impeached, and was still president. Impeachment is the beginning of the process to get a president out of office, but doesn't mean he will be removed.

i wonder if some are calling for impeachment just to smirch his record, as revenge for passing the ACA and winning a second term. The Republicans are bitter because their candidate Romney was supposed to be the one getting the credit for Obama's upswing in the economy, lower unemployment, the oil boom, lower gas prices, the US moving toward more energy independence, etc. The Republicans wanted to claim the credit for improving things.

This statement makes you just as bad as those you hate.

(No, I am not an FRC fan in any way).

i wonder if some are calling for impeachment just to smirch his record, as revenge for passing the ACA and winning a second term. The Republicans are bitter because their candidate Romney was supposed to be the one getting the credit for Obama's upswing in the economy, lower unemployment, the oil boom, lower gas prices, the US moving toward more energy independence, etc. The Republicans wanted to claim the credit for improving things.

OTOH, it seems like a LOT of people have moved on from the Clinton impeachment, even giving it a kind of wink, so I'm not sure how much a trumped-up impeachment for poorly-defined reasons would damn Obama's legacy.

OTOH, it seems like a LOT of people have moved on from the Clinton impeachment, even giving it a kind of wink, so I'm not sure how much a trumped-up impeachment for poorly-defined reasons would damn Obama's legacy.

Yes but Clinton was white... Some people are more willing to overlook his mistakes and not Obamas because, may I remind you, Obama committed the horrible crime of thinking he was EQUAL to the good white pure folk.

Where's that vomit smiley?

Impeachment is the process of bringing charges and investigating, they could impeach Obama and have it go nowhere. Also, if Isis bombed FRC and killed all those haters they would be martyrs for the cause and probably bring in more followers. So, I hope that doesn't happen. Besides the fact that violence is bad and all that.

It's crazy that it has taken 3 generations for equality to be actual fact. I'm hope that by the time my kids are my age it won't matter, and all those leftover racists from the '60's will be a distant memory. Of course if fundies have their way they'll keep producing pockets of racism and isolation. But hopefully their kids will break out, find the internet, and learn how stupid it is to be racist.

The American Experience documentary about the Freedom Riders should be required viewing for graduation, imo. The fear still comes across in videos from the 1960's. It's difficult to watch. Thank goodness for documentaries like that. I hope society never forgets just how bad it was. pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/freedomriders/

Interesting article about Elizabeth Eckford, who integrated Little Rock Central High, and Hazel Bryan, who is shown jeering her in the famous picture, and what became of their lives:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... erica.html

Archived