IGNORED

In 20 years

JMO

So this has been batted around here and there but I wanted to make an official thread. What are your predictions for the family in 20 years? Say if there is a Duggar Special for Josie's wedding, what will we see?

Josh/Anna: still married, 5-6 kids, fundi lite and at least one of the oldest will attend some sort of college

Jill/Derrick: Celebrating 20th anniversary, 12+ kids, still pretty fundie, living in the TTH

Jessa: twice divorced, 2-3 kids from two different husbands (one of which is Ben) and working as a beautician. Born again but still wears tight clothes and stripper heels. Living in another Southern state.

Jinger/Jana/Joyanna: at least one will have a terrible marriage and will eventually leave her husband with multiple kids and no marketable skills. They will serve as the warning to the younger Duggars . At least one will have a happy marriage and a few kids. Living outside of Arkansas.

JD: hard core fundie, 10+ kids, submissive wife, still in Toniton

Joseph: fundie or fundie lite, 6-8 kids, still in Arkansas

Josiah: Living in a big city: Chicago/NYC/LA, he'll be the first to break out and he'll do it when Jessa's marriage goes belly up and there's an acrid divorce. He'll sense his chance and flee.

Twins on down to Jackson: Maybe one fundie, but a bunch of fundie lites. And I wouldn't be surprised if one got to attend a brick and mortar college. Biblical and close to the TTH or a sibling, but still an actual building. Some will be married with kids, at least one will still live at home.

Lost girls: At least 2 married, at least 2 will go off the rails. I expect at least one to run far and fast when she's 18/19 and there is only a few sibs at home and two exhausted parents that have checked out.

JB and Me'chelle: either living in the guest house or a gorgeous house they built or intended to flip with the few remaining "children". Heck, maybe in TTH doing penance by doing laundry and taking care of the Dillard littles while living in Grandma Duggar's little suite.

Grandma Duggar: still living and in a retirement community with a full staff to clean and cook and do her laundry. She plays Bingo and goes to movie night.

:):wink-kitty:

I think much of it sounds right on, but....

I don't think Jessa and Ben will divorce. They will be miserable, but I doubt they'd think they could divorce. I also think they will have a crap ton of kids, badly cared for by a Jordyn who will marry to escape it.

I think Jinger and Joy-Anna will be married, happily or otherwise, but not Jana. She's stuck there, unless she bolts.

I also think Josh and Anna will have more than 6 kids, but no more than 10. They'll still be living in DC, with Josh still doing crap work for some conservative organization and pretending he's a big shot in politics.

Josh & Anna will have 8-10 kids.

Derick & Jill will have 14-16.

Ben and Jessa will be happily married. I know I'm in the minority opinion on this but I don't think they're poorly suited to each other and I think they will probably enjoy each other and have a good marriage.

Most of the other kids will be married and still living the fundie lifestyle. A handful of them may have gone fundie-lite, or be moving in that direction. One or two may have broken off completely, but unless it's in a really negative manner they won't be shunned or anything.

I think there will be a Duggar-Bates marriage in there somewhere.

Grandma Duggar will still be doing laundry duty.

GMM will be mid 90s, I do not think she'll be doing laundry or the geriatric shuffle. Maybe, but not likely.

Ok, dancing and the movies maybe, but let's hope MICHELLE is doing her laundry.

I'm not sure I have any real predictions for the kids that far ahead, but I do predict an off the deep end Michelle. Like, wandering around not knowing what to do with herself, starts imagining sounds of babies crying level crazy, probably with a serious dependency on mood stabilizers. Maybe a trip to a plastic surgeon to get a permanent smile on her face so she doesn't have to work quite so hard anymore.

There will inevitably be a few kids who really do something different and new who "rebel" on some level (Joyanna? Josie? Hannie? Jackson?). I think a lot of them will end up marrying fundies or fundie-lites and will have a graduate shift toward "mainstream" Christianity. I can see that for Jinger, Josiah, maybe even Jana. Not a "fuck you, mom and dad!" type of rebellion, but something slowly moving in another direction. It is hard for me to imagine any Duggar kid having some sort of spiritual crisis and leaving Christianity all together with the amount of fear instilled in them, but then again, with 19 kids, the odds have to be pretty high that at least one will do something drastically different.

I don't think I can see most of the Duggar kids staying in Tontitown as adults, at least not for long. I don't really know what Jim Bob would do if they all moved away. Would they sell the house and move to another city? Or just stay in an empty gigantic house that's only full a couple of times a year for the holidays?

I think most of them will either be less gothard or leave completely. Since less than 1% of second generation fundies stay. I don't know about the kids. I think Jill and Derrick will stay fundie but less gothard. Ben and Jessa might still be married. Josh and Anna will be together but leas fundie. At least some third generation fundie kid will go to college or real school. Maybe if a second generation Duggar escapes they will consider school too. The little ones will run wild. No way Bob and Michele are going to be able to control them in their 70s

All I know is that J'chelle won't be helping any of her children raise their kids in 20 years, or even doing their laundry. Even if she was inclined to do so (ha), her bones will have crumbled into dust by then. I predict she'll have mobility issues by then, probably need an walking frame-possibly a wheelchair, and need a fairly high level of assistance all round. Lucky she has such loving daughters...

All I know is that J'chelle won't be helping any of her children raise their kids in 20 years, or even doing their laundry. Even if she was inclined to do so (ha), her bones will have crumbled into dust by then. I predict she'll have mobility issues by then, probably need an walking frame-possibly a wheelchair, and need a fairly high level of assistance all round. Lucky she has such loving daughters...

I can totally see J'chelle demanding 'round the clock hand and foot maid service from her daughters who are really too busy because they'll have kids of their own. It's how she'll get the attention she craves because she can't pop out babies anymore. In addition, she'll get high praise and accolades from the general public who declare that she has raised such good daughters that want to take care of their mom in her old age- all families need to raise kids more like this. Gag. :ew:

I see a lot of Fundie Lite/plain old normal republican Christians who are 'one issue voters' with abortion happening. I think most of the kids will genuinely believe in god, but will reject GotHard and Quiverfull. It's early days, but you can already see signs that Josh/Anna are much more FundieLite than GotHard and he's only the first child.

I like to think there will be one who completely escapes and becomes an atheist Democrat or something and completely rejects all religion as emotional abuse. I could see it being Josiah, Joyless-Anna, the smart Howler Twin or a lost girl.

I do see Jinger managing to escape into plain 'conservative christian' life, hopefully in a big city, but I think it's too far gone now for her to be 'Duggar Gone Wild' like many hoped.

I think Jill is the one most likely to stay QF.

In 20 years all orientations will be fully accepted as normal in the US. Even by Republicans. So if they want to keep to the OT strictness, they're going to have to go super fundie. I see that for a few of them.

Definitely think Jill and Derick will inherit the TTH if it's still standing; and if Derick is that far gone. I think Jill will try to get to 20 kids. She talks about being like her mom and outdoing her parents quite often on the show.

Jessa and Ben - wow their wedding was a shocker to me, very classy by Duggar standards. I think they'll try to stay away from the performance side of the family and Jessa will pull strings to get Ben some kind of work where he can support their (smaller) family. Maybe 6-8 kids? I see them sticking together and making it work. Lots of time apart either with hunting or work trips, to make the time together bearable.

Josh and Anna -- he might have a heart attack by then, sadly, unless he gets it together and starts living a healthier lifestyle. They'll always be fundie because of her family. As many kids as they can have, which might only be 5 or so, given their health struggles.

Jana - married with a few kids, and a smart accomplished hubby, maybe a doctor. Upper middle class and conservative but in a politically acceptable way. Not super fundie but very socially conservative. Very private lifestyle, with genuine friends and limited social media presence.

Jinger - i don't know. She seems very depressed and shaken up by the changes in their family. I think losing her sisters has hit her hard. It just doesn't seem like she has much of a vision about where she wants to go in life. This may be because she isn't free to be herself. I hope she can break free somehow. Maybe a college scholarship to a fundie approved college, donated by a wealthy fan? If she could get out of there and be around other people she might find her talent and become excited about life again. She seems like someone who would be an excellent photo journalist and love travelling the world.

Littler kids - train wrecks. Lots of drama, lots of mistakes, lots of rebellion and anger. They're too spoiled and entitled. The howlers married to cute fundie girls and still fundie but only in name, pushing every boundary. The girls... maybe fundie, probably in miserable marriages sadly.

There's going to be at least one tragedy and early death, they have too many kids for it to not happen statistically. It's sad to say, but with JD flying and the howlers probably being into motorcycles and things, someone's bound to get seriously hurt sooner or later.

Yeah right. Maybe Jill and maybe just maybe Jana

In 20 years, I people will barely remember the Duggars. I'm hoping reality tv is dead by then.

Well, I see the older ones as fundie-lite or even "normal" evangelicals. Although it could happen that one or two of the older girls will snap after a few years of quiverfull marriage and will get a divorce and become a liberal feminist.

For the younger ones, well, they had a bit of a different upbringing than the older ones. A bit more freedom, a bit less training. So I doubt they will let themselves force so easily into the roles and behaviour rules that Gothards fundiedom requires. And J'Chelle and Boob will be much older when the littlest ones are adults. So I doubt they will have the energy to care that much. After 15 courtships and weddings, things will get old, even for them.

I can see the younger ones as conservative or liberal Christians, or even not really Christians at all. Although it could happen that one or two get sucked into a crazy cult, which isn't even necessarily ATI.

Wow. A lot to think about... I'm thinking not nearly all of the kids will be married. I really thought one or two of the boys, and perhaps two of the girls, will remain single, but will leave the home. I pray they get some sort of college or vocational training and can support themselves in the way they'd like to live.

I do not see a tremendous amount of "church" for these four... and one or two might change their surname to blend into the landscape a bit easier.

Pants will be worn. Hair will be cut. Someone will "come out" either as gay or as an artist, a singer, (a democrat) or something equally objectionable to the Duggar "values"... and that someone will be very well received in the community, not someone to be hidden.

Most of the kids, if not all, will become less Fundie over time. I don't forsee any of them leaving that world entirely or break ties with their parents. The older kids (the ones who were pre-teens or older when the show started) are far more likely to stay more firmly in the Fundie world than the younger kids, since it has been a major part of their lives for so long.

Out of the older kids, I think the boys are likely to have less children than their sisters are. Can't say why I feel that way exactly, but I do.

Also, I predict that none of the kids will have more than 12 children max. Most of them probably won't hit that number or come close.

As for their parents, I predict that they will still be living in their ridiculously big house because it offers enough room for them to have some of their kids and grandkids over. No clue what they'll do with their free-time - probably do each other all over their kids old beds or something.

And Grandma Mary will have died. Sorry for being a downer, but the odds aren't in her favor. :(

ETA: Not all the kids will marry young or marry at all. For example, I don't see John-David marrying young or marrying at all. I could see him being perfectly content on his own or marrying later in life.

I don't think any of them will be another Michelle and Jimbob. Some might have largish families, like 6-8 kids, but I don't think any of them will have loads. I also think that most of them except maybe one or two will drift away from Gothardism, and start being more mainstream or fundie lite. Fundie culture is not sustainable because they treat their kids so badly and give them such little skills to live in the real world, and they are relying on theories on marriage and how to raise kids into good adults by a creepy old child molester who has never married or had kids. None of it works in the real world, the majority of fundies are first generation, have loads of kids, and then in the second generation, a lot of them leave or drift away.

I don't think any of them will be another Michelle and Jimbob. Some might have largish families, like 6-8 kids, but I don't think any of them will have loads. I also think that most of them except maybe one or two will drift away from Gothardism, and start being more mainstream or fundie lite. Fundie culture is not sustainable because they treat their kids so badly and give them such little skills to live in the real world, and they are relying on theories on marriage and how to raise kids into good adults by a creepy old child molester who has never married or had kids. None of it works in the real world, the majority of fundies are first generation, have loads of kids, and then in the second generation, a lot of them leave or drift away.

Exactly right. The 2nd generation moves away because financially speaking, it's not a sustainable life style. Not many families get a TLC contract. JB, right place, right time and right look.

I will be absolutely shocked if Jill has more than 4 children. I have watched it time and time again. Every fundie family has the "perfect" daughter- the one who constantly threw her siblings under the bus, etc. That daughter pops out 2-3 kids like Pez candies within 5 years of marriage and then just stops. If the family is really off the rails, they will say that she has some mysterious medical condition that everyone talks about in only whispered tones. She might have one more "miracle"- but she will not have 8+ kids. I bet you she will have a lot of headaches during her fertile times.

Just speaking from experience with my sister who is 15 months younger than I am. She had 3 kids in quick succession after marrying and then just didn't have anymore. Polite society would say it's no one business- but of course fundies were like, "Three kids? That's it?" Also, my sisters husband grew up fundie lite and realized that 3 small kids are a lot to handle (no alone time or time for hobbies) and that if they had a bunch of kids- they would always be broke.

Derrick grew up in a household with a working Mom and only one sibling. I think there is no way he would ever be happy "living on love" in the kind of poverty the older Duggar kids did before TV came calling. JB is rolling in the cash now, but that money will only last so long. He doesn't have enough cash to support 19 families.

I will be absolutely shocked if Jill has more than 4 children. I have watched it time and time again. Every fundie family has the "perfect" daughter- the one who constantly threw her siblings under the bus, etc. That daughter pops out 2-3 kids like Pez candies within 5 years of marriage and then just stops. If the family is really off the rails, they will say that she has some mysterious medical condition that everyone talks about in only whispered tones. She might have one more "miracle"- but she will not have 8+ kids. I bet you she will have a lot of headaches during her fertile times.

Just speaking from experience with my sister who is 15 months younger than I am. She had 3 kids in quick succession after marrying and then just didn't have anymore. Polite society would say it's no one business- but of course fundies were like, "Three kids? That's it?" Also, my sisters husband grew up fundie lite and realized that 3 small kids are a lot to handle (no alone time or time for hobbies) and that if they had a bunch of kids- they would always be broke.

Derrick grew up in a household with a working Mom and only one sibling. I think there is no way he would ever be happy "living on love" in the kind of poverty the older Duggar kids did before TV came calling. JB is rolling in the cash now, but that money will only last so long. He doesn't have enough cash to support 19 families.

Absolutely agree about Derick- and plus he's a man with a finance background from a typical 2 kid household. I think he will put his foot down. What parent who graduated from college wants LESS for their own child?

Archived