IGNORED

The Bates at Duggar weddings?

Ledbetteramy

Sorry if this has been asked but how many of the bates attended jill and jessas wedding? It seems odd their whole family wouldn't come!!

Sorry if this has been asked but how many of the bates attended jill and jessas wedding? It seems odd their whole family wouldn't come!!

Not sure. I know that with Jessa's wedding that Zach and Whit didn't go because they had just had their son a few days before. Not sure if Kelly and Gil decided to stay home in order to be near them or not.

According to Instagram, It looks like Erin, Lawson, Tori and some younger Bates boys went

Am I totally alone in thinking Josiah and Tori could be a potential future match? I did notice they were standing next to each other (very close!) in one of those IG photos. They are the same age, right?

I could really see JB+M marrying Josiah off soon. Whatever's going on behind the scenes aside, Josiah is very charismatic and makes for great TV. He's young, but people would be more likely to watch him date than John David or Joseph I think.

Am I totally alone in thinking Josiah and Tori could be a potential future match? I did notice they were standing next to each other (very close!) in one of those IG photos. They are the same age, right?

I could really see JB+M marrying Josiah off soon. Whatever's going on behind the scenes aside, Josiah is very charismatic and makes for great TV. He's young, but people would be more likely to watch him date than John David or Joseph I think.

Im down for any Bates/Duggar match. I think it will happen eventually. If not Tori/Josiah or Lawson/Jinger (I totally want this to happen) then two of the younger ones. I hope their shows are still on when it happens so I can witness the Gil/Boob competition shit show

I bet a Duggar/Bates marriage only happens if the couple elopes.

Can't see JB relinquishing any kind of power to his good buddy Gil Bates and can't see Kelly Bates letting any of her sons be treated like Ben.

I would totally love if it happens - Josiah is my favorite Duggar and Tori my favorite Bates. My fantasy would be a Duggar and a Bates having a perfect courtship, without raising any suspects from the families, marring and then giving a big FU to fundie life!

What on earth would JD have to talk about on a date with someone? He's never had anything interesting to say. Although it was funny when he installed a disco ball in Michelle's bathroom.

Josiah needs someone nicer than Tori "Y'all are painting it yuck colors. Those colors are nasty!" Bates.

A Duggar/Bates wedding would be a fundie dream. Depending on how things go over the next two seasons- this might be just the ratings bonanza JimBob is praying for.

They could get at least a whole season out of a Bates/Duggar engagement and wedding. Just imagine 18 bridesmaids with just the sisters- poor Jana might have a nervous breakdown! I think the best part would be calling the couple the "Buggars"...........

It's an older episode. Michelle & Boob went to NYC for an interview and while they were gone, Jana wanted to redecorate Michelle's bathroom. John went with her to the craft store and picked out a disco ball and hung it from the ceiling. Jana was trying to keep sweet but you could hear her scolding him through gritted teeth.

A Duggar/Bates wedding would be a fundie dream. Depending on how things go over the next two seasons- this might be just the ratings bonanza JimBob is praying for.

They could get at least a whole season out of a Bates/Duggar engagement and wedding. Just imagine 18 bridesmaids with just the sisters- poor Jana might have a nervous breakdown! I think the best part would be calling the couple the "Buggars"...........

The funny thing is, if they ever did end up together, I could totally see them being the first to not have a big family. It would be pretty great if two kids from families of 19 had "only," say, 2 children. But I'm getting carried away... :D

I think Tori Bates is too pretty for Josiah (I know that's a shallow comment, sorry).

I think Josiah is adorable - and by far the best looking of the oldest four Duggar boys. And also by far the smartest and most charismatic of the oldest Duggar boys. He still has some acne going on but that'll probably improve some with time.

Physical attractiveness is very relative and most of us don't look like we do at 18 for very long anyway. I mean, look at Josh and Anna now...Josh looks more and more like a shiny bald bowling ball every day, while Anna just gets more beautiful. When they first paired up, I'd argue to say (as much as I hate it) that Josh was actually better looking than Anna. Anyway, somehow she seems to still find him attractive :ew: Just goes to show that people have different tastes.

I think there are a lot of young women who would be happy to have a guy like Josiah. He's cute on his own but especially when you compare him to some of the, uh, less desirable fundie men we've seen...he'd be a catch. And he's not boring as a bag of bricks. Go Josiah!

Wasn't it Carlin that Josiah was standing close to in the Instagram photos?

Josiah is the best looking Duggar boy. By a long shot, actually.

Maybe there's a conflict of interest since the Bateses now have their own show on a different network? Only showing Erin because she was the pianist?

I bet a Duggar/Bates marriage only happens if the couple elopes.

Can't see JB relinquishing any kind of power to his good buddy Gil Bates and can't see Kelly Bates letting any of her sons be treated like Ben.

Me either. I detect a mean streak in Kelly, and she would go postal on their asses. I've seen this before in fundie women when it comes to their kids. Actually, if I had kids I would be the same.

I really don't get a mean vibe from Kelly, but I do from Michelle.

i think that rosydaisy meant kelly could get mean if she had to - like a mama bear when the poachers are trying to take her baby cub.

Wasn't it Carlin that Josiah was standing close to in the Instagram photos?

Josiah is the best looking Duggar boy. By a long shot, actually.

I think he is in the midst of a bit of teenager awkwardness/skin issues, but that will pass sooner rather than later and I agree he is easily the best looking for the oldest boys. I think Jed/Jer will be very good looking in a couple of years if their hairlines co-operate with them.

I second that the Bateses are too good for the Duggars. Except for the Nathan Bedford Forest picture incident no major scandals have happened. They seem a bit goofy and foolish at times (c.f. Michael/la's name, the broken courtship) but actually I think that in some respects they're just too credulously honest. There is yet a truly embarassing thing to happen, though. The Bates parents generally seem able to literally "live and learn" while the Duggars think they know it all and that is what they convey to their offspring. Makes for a big difference.

I think the Duggars wouldn't mind dragging a Bates along on their show but I sense quite a bit of unease/resentment with the Bateses. I'm pretty sure that behind the scenes, they do quite a bit to discourage a Bates-Duggar match before anything's going on. Last but not least, I have a feeling that besides the Zach-John David friendship the Duggars and Bateses aren't really that fond of each other.

In past seasons Jim Bob has broadly hinted that in a few years time he would likely see some Duggars and Bates children in courtships together. If this was a novel instead of a trainwreck it would be foreshadowing.

The Bates and Duggars were thrown together for TLC purposes. If the Bates are half as competitive as the Duggars are it cannot be a relaxed and easy association. The whole baby #20 question alone has been prickley. Looks like both Kelly and MIchelle are done having children. Kelly seems okay with that and focused on raising her family. Michelle seems to be extra fragile this season and not coping well with the primary value of her life as a baby factory taken away by time.

Just look at how snotty and competitive both Jill and Jessa have been about their courtships, weddings and now baby Dilly. Jill probably made more unkind comments on air, but Jessa's actions have pointed to some major competition between the girls. I am going to call them girls because they are acting like kids in junior high about it all.

If the "Duggar Studios" new YouTube channel launched today is any indication some of the younger boys in both families enjoy hanging out and having fun together. They sure looked like they were having a blast in the music videos posted.

Edited once

Archived