IGNORED

Parody Blog - Mary B. Gets picked up by news sites (MERGE)

nst

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
What would be awesome is if so many people from here wrote their own parody blogs, that it became hard for the mainline bloggers to find each other in the morass. Enough crazy advice would be given that perhaps people might stop taking childrearing and courtship and marriage advice from the real online nuts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, that blog is a HOAX. That was already established months ago when that same person claimed to be at Derick and Jill's wedding. FYI here's what she wrote back then -

http://zedicy542.blogspot.ca/2014/06/a-fraud.html

Yesterday I was in attendance at the wedding of Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard. I will not be sharing photos because there was explicit orders to not take any pictures of the wedding. So, I did not get any pictures. It was a beautiful wedding, and it was especially touching when they shared their first kiss. It wasn't the least bit awkward. In fact, it was really nice. When they kissed, the entire crowd stood up and cheered for them. Derick then lifted Jill up and carried her out the church in his arms. So sweet! The after party was at the Duggar home, and it was lovely. There were friends and food and happiness. My children played with the Duggar children and everyone got along and had a blast.

The bolded? Never happened. Fake fake fake!

edit: Also the stuff about not being able to take pictures and the reception being at the Duggar home? That was actually reported by reputable sources. Person just took info that was already out there and added her own "spin" to it. Just reading the rest of her post where she goes on a bizarre rant about being married off at 13 (?!) and being called a fraud (which she is) sealed the deal that the blog is nothing but a parody of the fundie lifestyle.

Actually it was established a year or so ago when she popped up during the fall of raising Ruth

radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/11/jim-bob-edit-storyline-jessa-duggar-wedding/?utm_source=fb-DuggarFakery&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook

LOLOL

Hilarious. Radar Online has based a whole article on this fake blog.

It's official. As a society we've exceeded Idiocracy Status . I think that requires a whole bunch of emoticons :lol: :doh: :ew: :twisted: :? :o :oops: :nenner: :angry-banghead:

If anyone thinks the blog sounds real they need to read back a ways. She does a good job because she sprinkles the really silly posts ( betrothing her 8 year old, kidnapping a boy left alone at the park, avoiding public restrooms by wearing long skirts and no underwear and peeing anywhere) -- with more normal sounding stuff.

[hidden][/hidden]

I hope the whole blog is a fake. Supposedly she has daughters named Nataleigh , Kailiegh, Baileigh, has a son named Matthew, and is pregnant with twins, Kymberleigh and Nathan. What awful names for girls. Is it a fundie requirement that you make up screwy spellings for names?

(I just noticed. HER name is Ashleigh!)

It's a JOKE. The whole blog is a JOKE.

Yep, it even made the front page of AOL news. This is so depressing. Aren't journalists supposed to check their sources?

Yep, it even made the front page of AOL news. This is so depressing. Aren't journalists supposed to check their sources?

Professional and experienced journalists do check their sources. Perhaps they don't feel the Duggars are that important to put anyone but maybe an intern on the story. It's all pretty much copy-cat journalism anyway.

I can think of a sprinkle of goodness that came from the tabloids running with that.

Lori Alexander must be FURIOUS that her blog is not generating the traffic that this blog currently is, and that nobody will take her real blog and post it somewhere majorly public like rag mags, causing God only knows how many people to read and comment.

You see it everytime she makes a Duggar post that she is fishing for views. Well this blog (which the blogger tricked Ken and Lori anyway) grabbed the views she is wanting every time she posts something Duggar related.

Lori is pouting that the fake blog grabbed attention so quickly. She only wishes hers would grab that attention. Of course, she will never admit to it.

I can think of a sprinkle of goodness that came from the tabloids running with that.

Lori Alexander must be FURIOUS that her blog is not generating the traffic that this blog currently is, and that nobody will take her real blog and post it somewhere majorly public like rag mags, causing God only knows how many people to read and comment.

You see it everytime she makes a Duggar post that she is fishing for views. Well this blog (which the blogger tricked Ken and Lori anyway) grabbed the views she is wanting every time she posts something Duggar related.

Lori is pouting that the fake blog grabbed attention so quickly. She only wishes hers would grab that attention. Of course, she will never admit to it.

Where was this?

No True leg humpers would out the Duggars even if their kids walked in on Ben and Jessa sacrificing virgins but still, I can't help but laugh becuase it's so freakin believable that those two have been bursting out of their pants for months and couldn't stop once they started.

I hope JB and Michelle are happy about putting their kids in this situation.

Since Ben and Jessa's wedding I noticed there's been a lot of quotes from some woman who says she was at the wedding (Mary B.) from http://zedicy542.blogspot.ca/search/lab ... eewald2014 Is this person for real? I heard she is full of BS. She's giving quotes to all the tabloids or they are picking them up from her blog. Stuff about overhearing Jim Bob telling TLC producers that they need to edit his and Michelle's reaction to the non-kiss so they look like they knew it was going to happen.

And then Radar Online posted that she implied that Ben and Jessa were getting busy

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/ ... -marriage/

"Wedding guest Mary B. claimed outrageous rumors spread among shocked guests at the reception that Jessa, 21, and Ben, 19, were caught in an act of “lust†when her free-spirited sister Jinger, 20, accidently opened the door to the couple’s “kiss†room in the Arkansas church.

“Multiple people were discussing that when Jinger opened the door to get Jess for the reception, she immediately closed the door with a look of shock on her face,†Mary alleged on Christian fundamentalist blog “My Life As A Stay At Home Wife And Mom.†“A big group of the girls were waiting outside the room to walk with her out…and my own daughters saw as well...“I am not sure why they would not wait for the evening to pray and then consummate God’s marriage,†Mary continued. “The Lord has blessed them and brought them together. To hear so many people discussing what they inadvertently walked into was heartbreaking and troubling….I believe Jessa and Ben are in deep lust with each other.â€

I kind of find that hard to believe

Professional and experienced journalists do check their sources. Perhaps they don't feel the Duggars are that important to put anyone but maybe an intern on the story. It's all pretty much copy-cat journalism anyway.

Yeah, I don't think it's just the Duggar's or lessor known celebrities. Look at what even used to be considered " real" news. Half of it is about celebrities, news of the latest iPhone, or whatever is the missing white girl/ deadly disease threat and/or other fear of the week. And with a billion different on-line sites all competing for attention, reporting seems to have largely become some random person doing a five minute keyword search and posting whatever gossip they find.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
In my local town I once had to go through a big, stressful work scandal. Because some " professional" , college educated, paid journalist had heard about a national level charity issue and thought she was some hot shot uncovering dirt. The local paper, which presumably has editors, posted a front page " in-depth" story about local charities being on the verge of collapse, cooking the books, etc......but the only REAL thing was that the idiot who wrote the story was completely clueless about how to read a non-profit audit. The organizations listed were all just fine financially - and the newspaper had to print a retraction.But it got other local news coverage first, plus no one notices a retraction - what sticks in their minds is the negative story. And people believe what they read. It was a nightmare.

just goes to show how much research those sites do when writing an article. yeesh, how am i not an online journalist??

Wedding guest Mary B. claimed outrageous rumors spread among shocked guests at the reception that Jessa, 21, and Ben, 19, were caught in an act of “lust†when her free-spirited sister Jinger, 20, accidently opened the door to the couple’s “kiss†room in the Arkansas church.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/ ... _campaign=

Archived