IGNORED

Save it for Jesus

gustava

My daughter will, this year, as a senior in high school, attend her 12th Father-Daughter Dance... it will be, for my husband, an excruciating experience, as it has each time. They will get their picture taken, eat a little something, she and he will dance one or two dances, then she will run off with a screaming bunch of girls, and they will dance, gossip, tweet things, and so on. My part is relegated to helping her select the dress, altering it, and helping pick out accessories. I will also make a corsage; DH grows orchids, and her corsage has always been orchids from his collection. I will take pictures and scrapbook the event for her.

There will be no discussion of purity.. at all. Matter of fact, we both know that DD has already been sexually active. We have, rather than discussing "purity" with her, discussed how the introduction of sex into a teenage relationship can change the relationship, for good or ill, and we have encouraged her to really think about it before she decides to enter into a sexual relationship. We are grateful that she does listen, and she talks to us about stuff..

Neither one of them is looking forward to their Father-Daughter Dance tradition ending... That's THEIR time, and they do both love it.. but we all agree this "purity" stuff doesn't work.

I remember the fervent prayers I gave... "Oh, God, if I'm not pregnant this month, I SWEAR I'll never do it again..." (Sorry, God, I really thought I could NOT do it... :lol: ) and I am VERY grateful that the guilt never went so far as these authors describe..

Archived