IGNORED

Bates girl on the piano

tamaramania

I know it has been mentioned that the Bates girl on the piano at Jill's wedding was irritating or pounding but I honestly felt that it was inspired and passionate....the only thing unboring about the wedding. It wasn't mentioned from what I recall that she would be playing at the wedding and there were no comments in the TH on the show about it. I'd love to be at a wedding where the pianist was playing like that, I have never seen anything like that at a wedding before. It is sort of amazing and inspiring that a sort of backwoods/homeschooly kid can play like that. I know a lot of them play instruments but I haven't seen anyone out of the ordinary or impressive like her.

Erin actually holds a Bachelors in Music Ministry and teaches piano. She has released a couple CDs as well. She isn't my cup o tea but is quite talented in her chosen genre.

No doubt her style does not suit everyone's tastes, but she is clearly very talented on the keys. And not just talent. It took most of her lifetime up to this point, of dedication and practice and hard work to be able to play as she can. Good for her.

i saw her play on one of the older episodes of either 18kac or 19kac. i think they were at an ati conference and the duggar girls and at least erin (maybe a couple of other bates girls) were in a music group. i remember erin seemed shy about playing, but played really well and was complimented by their instructor.

I liked it, too. I thought the arpeggios were quite fluid and lovely. Being Catholic, I'm much more used to organ music, so the piano sounded light and beautiful to me... a little bombastic in parts, but enthusiastic.

She's great on the piano. I think it just sounded incredibly loud because they had mics set up near the piano and she had to REALLY bang it out for a congregation that big. When she was playing the music at the earlier parts of the wedding, it seemed like it was at the perfect level IMO, and I think they just want something very dramatic for the bride entering/leaving.

I thought people were overly critical of her. She's a really gifted musician IMO...actual talent vs. the Duggarlings lined up scratching away on violins.

She's super talented. I agree with others saying it sounded loud due to the acoustics in the church and where the mics where. Erin plays very much like a concert pianist. I'm quite used to her style given that I went to college for music and play the piano and there was never a shortage of pianists pounding away.

Erin's playing is beautiful!

I agree with the others that she would not have had to pounded it out if they would have had everything set up correctly. Usually those mega-churches have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in microphones, effects and controls.

I seem to recall her playing at Josh's wedding not as good, maybe it was the music choices?

Wasn't Josh's wedding before Erin actually went to school for music though? I feel like someone is just going to be better after education, even if they were good before.

Josh and Anna's wedding was 6 years ago and Erin would have been all of 17 at the time. She's grown up a lot since then and she's been to 'college'. I should hope she has improved.

She's great on the piano. I think it just sounded incredibly loud because they had mics set up near the piano and she had to REALLY bang it out for a congregation that big. When she was playing the music at the earlier parts of the wedding, it seemed like it was at the perfect level IMO, and I think they just want something very dramatic for the bride entering/leaving.

I thought people were overly critical of her. She's a really gifted musician IMO...actual talent vs. the Duggarlings lined up scratching away on violins.

Yeah, Erin is actually legitimately talented at the piano, I showed my friend a video of her once because she's a piano player too and she said she is really gifted, especially for someone quite young. I think like you said, she just had to bang it out because of the size of the church or was asked to make it loud and dramatic and obliged.

Josh and Anna's wedding was 6 years ago and Erin would have been all of 17 at the time. She's grown up a lot since then and she's been to 'college'. I should hope she has improved.

Wow, that's right! How time flies...

Archived