IGNORED

Goodbye Uriah

ripples72801

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not claustrophobic but those never fail to cause me to shudder. And in a decidedly not-good way!

It's like a cheap, moving version of a capsule hotel!

I'm not claustrophobic but those never fail to cause me to shudder. And in a decidedly not-good way!

I wouldn't mind sleeping in one of the top or middle beds, but the bottom ones? NOPE.

They are like coffins for viewing but not in our culture. I can't explain how disturbing the stackage is to me. I guess the older kids got the larger volume of oxygen for the night given the higher rounded ceiling.

Those bunks are like coffins. Just in case the Maxwell children ever need a reminder to think about where they are going when they die.

If I start a kickstarter page will you all chip in? I want to ship him to Sydney and make our musically gay way across the Outback with Hugo Weaving. Poor old Uriah deserves a good retirement.

If I start a kickstarter page will you all chip in? I want to ship him to Sydney and make our musically gay way across the Outback with Hugo Weaving. Poor old Uriah deserves a good retirement.

Uriah, the King of the Desert! :gay-rainbow:

Stevus wrote:

Since you all are such a part, we wanted to tell you about this new season in our lives.

In that same logic, why didn't you tell about the death of Grandpa but decided to share about your damn bus?!?

About Christopher's bed... They had one more sleeping coffin in front of this sixpack of bunks, on the other side of the narrow corridor. It was situated under some kind of closet so it was the most claustrophobic of them all. You can see a tiny glimpse of it's curtain here on the right: blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/DSC_31181.jpg

Being somewhat claustrophobic myself, I would have slept on the sofa instead of these chambers of horror...

RIP Uriah. I hope the last image on your mind will be the FJ ladies giving you the ride of your life during their famous visit :wink-kitty:

I wouldn't mind sleeping in one of the top or middle beds, but the bottom ones? NOPE.

How the hell do you even get into one of the bottom bunks?

Those bunks actually look large and expansive compared to the bunks both I and our friends have in our RV campers.. Our bunks are 22... that's twenty-two inches wide. That is all. They are 70 inches long, and all of my kids are taller than that. Ours are two stacks of two, and the bunks are, at least, open on the sides like Uriah's... our friends have bunks which stack in threes as you see on Uriah, however, they are only open at one end.. like a little tube with an opening to slide inside.. and 22 inches wide. Want to talk about a coffin? Ew....

The way to get into a floor bottom bunk is to get on the floor and roll or slither inside..

My 'old' knees and hips wouldn't be able to handle the bottom bunks for certain. Those thin mattresses on the other bunks wouldn't assure me a good night's sleep!

In that same logic, why didn't you tell about the death of Grandpa but decided to share about your damn bus?!?

I think it's appropriate, actually. Grief is personal and private. Many people don't want to have to do it in public, especially on a blog that sparks a lot of criticism.

I have bad ankles, so the thought of being in the top bunk scares me. There appears to be a small "trough" with darker flooring bordered by a piece of wood about four inches tall next to the bunks. I can easily see myself trying to get out of the top bunk and landing on that piece of wood and spraining an ankle. :angry-cussingblack:

I have bad ankles, so the thought of being in the top bunk scares me. There appears to be a small "trough" with darker flooring bordered by a piece of wood about four inches tall next to the bunks. I can easily see myself trying to get out of the top bunk and landing on that piece of wood and spraining an ankle. :angry-cussingblack:

That's just a perspective problem from how they took the photo. If you look on their blog, the photo above or below it shows a different angle. No "trough."

The sofas in the main area also appear to be fold down, so there is another spot for someone who doesn't want to sleep in the bunks. The bunks which don't bother me in the least. I mean, I wouldn't want to live there permanently right now, but a few years ago, even a capsule would have been cool by me. I can see why others don't like them though.

Sigh. There goes my dream of sneaking into a Maxwell conference dressed as an innocent fundie girl, buying my way into the Maxwell's hearts by purchasing their products to one day use on my large homeschooled family, leaving their conference with my heart filled with joyous thoughts of Maxwellian death and scheduling, dropping all of my purchases in the parking lot, watching while gentlemanly John swoops in valiantly to pick up my purchases as I helplessly look on, taking him by surprise with my evil seductress ways, then making him a man in every bunk, seat, nook and crevice of Uriah.

If John's courting then he needs to get on the stick and buy himself a house; according to county records* he doesn't own one, yet.

*A couple of years ago a helpful FJer linked to the the Leavenworth county property records. I pop over every few months to see if John (or any other Maxwell) has purchased something. It's interesting that while Teri and Melanie are listed on the deeds of their respective houses, Anna and Elissa are not. I wonder why Christopher (especially) and Joseph haven't bothered to get that done.

If John's courting then he needs to get on the stick and buy himself a house; according to county records* he doesn't own one, yet.

*A couple of years ago a helpful FJer linked to the the Leavenworth county property records. I pop over every few months to see if John (or any other Maxwell) has purchased something. It's interesting that while Teri and Melanie are listed on the deeds of their respective houses, Anna and Elissa are not. I wonder why Christopher (especially) and Joseph haven't bothered to get that done.

Is KS a community property state? Maybe it's just not necessary, although as a wife, I would be pissed if my name did not appear on the property deed.

Perhaps they should donate Uriah to the Rodrigues family. At least could put two kids in each bunk and have enough room for the kids to sleep.

I agree that the Rodrigueses need this bus. If the oldest girls slept on the cushie bench seats, only the youngest kids would need to share a bunk. It looks like there's a full size refrigerator/freezer in there too! I don't see an oven or stovetop though.

Is KS a community property state? Maybe it's just not necessary, although as a wife, I would be pissed if my name did not appear on the property deed.

It's not a community property state, it's an equitable distribution state.

How long before Steve receives a "revelation" and tells Christopher and Joseph to add their wives to their properties?

Archived