IGNORED

Goodbye Uriah

ripples72801

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Jesus is driving him down streets paved with gold, throwing chore packs and animals crackers to all, like confetti!*

*the bean burritos would not make good confetti and may cause traumatic brain injuries.

Well, we all knew this was bound to happen sometime. It's been a year full of death for the Maxwells: Teri's dad (never mentioned), Steve's mom (also never mentioned), Joseph's wedding (weddings equal death, of course), and yes, John is probably courting because that leads to death and he's the only other person in the family that knows how to drive the bus.

RIP Uriah!

So, they mention the "passing" of Uriah but not Teri's dad?

These people are kooky.

I actually really like the customization they did to the bus. I have some friends who are currently stripping and remodeling a used RV they picked up from craigslist, and all the work that goes into a project like that is more than I would want to manage. Of course, the Maxwells had more hands to help, I suppose.

It probably was time to go. Now that Joseph is married and out of the immediate family, they wouldn't really be saving much money by driving & sleeping in a bus anyway. Gas prices keep going up, and presumably more "children" will be either transferred from Steve's Authority to a different male, or given their own Authority. Presumably. I hope they keep traveling and Sarah meets a nice guy. Probably recently widowed, as that's the only way I can see Steve approving the relationship. Anyone her age and not married by now wouldn't be "godly enough" for the Maxwells.

The post says it's due to terminal rust in the main chassis frame. If I were one of the Maxwell kidults, I'd be gleefully kicking up my heels at the prospect of saying goodbye to this,

DSC_31471-425x283.jpg

and hello to a future sleeping in big girl beds!!

NOOOOO!!!!! I was going to buy an 'I love Uriah' button from the FJ store. Now I guess we need 'R.I.P. Uriah' buttons instead. Boo. Hiss.

The post says it's due to terminal rust in the main chassis frame. If I were one of the Maxwell kidults, I'd be gleefully kicking up my heels at the prospect of saying goodbye to this,

DSC_31471-425x283.jpg

Well, only when they are traveling. The last photo I saw of the girls' bedroom at the house, Anna and Mary still sleep in a set of bunkbeds. Only Sarah has a big girl bed. Maybe she got it for her 30th birthday?

It is beyond our capabilities to repair, so after prayer the decision is that we won’t be traveling with him any longer.

1. Well golly gee Maxwells, you know, there are folks out there with better capabilities than you. What is it the good book says about pride?

2. You really wasted God's time praying about a freaking bus?!?!?!?!?!? Selfish bunch ye are.

DSC_31471-425x283.jpg

Freaking unfinished lumber! Holy splinters, Batman! how on earth did they climb in and out of those without sustaining injuries, scrapes and spinters? Prayer?

1. Well golly gee Maxwells, you know, there are folks out there with better capabilities than you. What is it the good book says about pride?

2. You really wasted God's time praying about a freaking bus?!?!?!?!?!? Selfish bunch ye are.

Well Stevie if you would allow John to go to college and get real training to be a bus mechanic, you wouldn't have this problem now would you?

Freaking unfinished lumber! Holy splinters, Batman! how on earth did they climb in and out of those without sustaining injuries, scrapes and spinters? Prayer?

There is never any bare skin showing to get a splinter! :naughty: :lol:

Well, only when they are traveling. The last photo I saw of the girls' bedroom at the house, Anna and Mary still sleep in a set of bunkbeds. Only Sarah has a big girl bed. Maybe she got it for her 30th birthday?

I'm not claustrophobic but those never fail to cause me to shudder. And in a decidedly not-good way!

Perhaps they should donate Uriah to the Rodrigues family. At least could put two kids in each bunk and have enough room for the kids to sleep.

Aw, I'll miss the big lug!

OK, here's a question for anyone who's followed the Maxwells since the time when they first acquired Uriah. I only see six bunk beds. Presumably that's Steve and Teri's bed in the back.

When they first started touring with Uriah, Christopher was still going with them. So that was 7 kids/chidults for 6 beds. Was the 7th sleeping on the built-in couch?

These are the things that I think about when I'm procrastinating.

How do you figure? Srsly curious. :think:

Well, he's the main bus mechanic and the primary driver other than Steve, so if he wasn't available to travel with the dog and pony show, it might make more sense to downsize. I would imagine the Maxwells probably have their cost per mile per person mapped out in an Excel spreadsheet somewhere, and the "loss" of another family member from the equation might have tipped the math against traveling in the huge bus. But I'm just speculating here. Maybe Uriah is available to be the official Free Jinger Idle Speculation Bus?

Maybe Uriah is available to be the official Free Jinger Idle Speculation Bus?

Let's go pick out the glow in the dark paint colors! :D where's that light up disco ball...

I'm not claustrophobic but those never fail to cause me to shudder. And in a decidedly not-good way!

yeah i can't imagine sleeping on those bunks as grown adults with brothers and parents just a few feet away. Hope they had febreze. :lol:

I was done with Uriah when I saw the girls washing Uriah's windshields after Joseph's wedding In their skirts. Doing what Stevie has always considered the boys' job. I'm pretty sure John and Jesse didn't bother to take over any of THEIR household work, so Stevie may have actually come to the revelation that Uriah wasn't fitting into the family very well anymore. Well, that and the Excell spreadsheet ladyamylynn eludes to. I'm thinking "prayer" about that didn't take too long to receive an answer.

You know, given that there are curtains on Uriah's bunks the actually have more privacy in the bus than they do in their non-curtained shared bedrooms!

Aw, I'll miss the big lug!

OK, here's a question for anyone who's followed the Maxwells since the time when they first acquired Uriah. I only see six bunk beds. Presumably that's Steve and Teri's bed in the back.

When they first started touring with Uriah, Christopher was still going with them. So that was 7 kids/chidults for 6 beds. Was the 7th sleeping on the built-in couch?

These are the things that I think about when I'm procrastinating.

If I remember correctly, I don't think they renovated the bus until after Christopher was married and gone. Before that, they had some bunk beds for the boys to sleep in while the rest of the family stayed at a hotel. The guys would come in to shower but it saved them from having to pay for another room.

Let's go pick out the glow in the dark paint colors! :D where's that light up disco ball...

Don't forget the stripper pole.

Archived