IGNORED

Do Jill & Jessa get to get their name beds?

Justme

When they moved into the TTH, TLC gave each of the 5 oldest girls beds with their names on the headboards. Do you think they get to keep them? Or will Boob just use some white out and repaint the names? :think:

Probably not. I assume they will still need them to give the kids proper beds. Remember someone was sleeping with both Jill and Jana. Now Joy won't have to sleep in a bunk bed with her sister who is 10 years younger.

I would assume they would do something like paint over the old names and use new stencils to update them, but I have no way of knowing. Hell they may just leave them as they are. I don't see them moving those beds though, not with that many kids still in the house.

The last time I saw a picture of the beds the names had mostly peeled off. I doubt the Jill and Jessa would want them, and they certainly need them at the TTH.

How many beds are in the girls' room now? Jana and Jill had fulls, Jessa, Jinger and Joy had twins, and then there was a bunk bed put in, wasn't there?

Probably not. I assume they will still need them to give the kids proper beds. Remember someone was sleeping with both Jill and Jana. Now Joy won't have to sleep in a bunk bed with her sister who is 10 years younger.

Yeah considering Joy got booted from her bed while still living at home it doesn't appear they are that attached or allowed to be that attached to their beds. I wonder how the room is configured now. I would hope Jana finally has her own double bed all to herself. Jinger and Joy getting two of the other single beds. Johannah, Jenny, Jordyn and Josie with two sharing Jill's old bed, one in Jessa's old bed and one in the slide bunk bed.

So tlc again pays for custom beds for these people. Not saying anything is wrong with that, but they always brag about how much they saved up to get their current house without debt. And the girls would probably get new beds

I do wonder how much they had to pack up when they left for good - a couple suitcases - one for clothes and one for hair and makeup supplies? And I wonder if they have their own bank accounts.

I do wonder how much they had to pack up when they left for good - a couple suitcases - one for clothes and one for hair and makeup supplies? And I wonder if they have their own bank accounts.

Mullet said in one show everyone shares the same bank account. She keeps a ledger showing who has what.

Mullet said in one show everyone shares the same bank account. She keeps a ledger showing who has what.

That'd be right. Kiddies earn money but ultimately boob and mullet keep it. Set up trusts or something... Argh they make me angry! :twisted:

I am sure JB and Michelle see the beds as family property. Most fundies deny their children even the simple pleasures of owning your bedroom furniture, clothes etc.- everything belongs to Mom and Dad and they may or may not allow you to use it.

When I flew the coup of my fundie household- everything I owned fit into a Rubbermaid tub. I just moved my little tub into the dorm. It cracks me up when I see the mountains of things kids move into the dorms. My boss from my summer job took me to WalMart at lunch one day so I could do my dorm shopping. I bought a cheap "bed in a bag" set, an alarm clock, a few toiletries and some spiral notebooks and I was good to go.

Those older girls at least deserve a partition to divide the room to separate older and younger girls. I mean, they'd be right there to do their SAHD duties if one of the little ones woke up in the night. No reason to disturb the broken uterus!

I guess the common rhetorical question "Does it have your name on it?" to imply ownership doesn't apply to the Duggars. It's the shirt off your back and the name bed off your body.

The very last thing I wanted from my childhood home was my childhood bed..

Those older girls at least deserve a partition to divide the room to separate older and younger girls. I mean, they'd be right there to do their SAHD duties if one of the little ones woke up in the night. No reason to disturb the broken uterus!

Michelle says that they have a lock on their bedroom door for their privacy.

Kid sick or have a nightmare - bother your siblings. Just don't come knocking 'cause the bed springs are probably rockin.

Kid sick or have a nightmare - bother your siblings. Just don't come knocking 'cause the bed springs are probably rockin.

That's probably why they have a sturdy hardwood bed. Wonder how often the mattress is changed in order to reduce noise?

Why do I think about these things?! :evil-eye:

That's probably why they have a sturdy hardwood bed. Wonder how often the mattress is changed in order to reduce noise?

Why do I think about these things?! :evil-eye:

These are the same people who dry humped on a golf course in front of their mortified daughter and her future husband. The same people who take any opportunity to mention that they are sexually active. The same people who are all over eachother at any opportunity. The same people who will openly talk about their grown up kids sex lives.

I don't think they care about noise, in fact, I bet they want people to hear.

Probably why they had curling irons and hair straighteners on their registries, they probably have to leave everything bar a few clothes at TTH.

I am sure JB and Michelle see the beds as family property. Most fundies deny their children even the simple pleasures of owning your bedroom furniture, clothes etc.- everything belongs to Mom and Dad and they may or may not allow you to use it.

When I flew the coup of my fundie household- everything I owned fit into a Rubbermaid tub. I just moved my little tub into the dorm. It cracks me up when I see the mountains of things kids move into the dorms. My boss from my summer job took me to WalMart at lunch one day so I could do my dorm shopping. I bought a cheap "bed in a bag" set, an alarm clock, a few toiletries and some spiral notebooks and I was good to go.

We had Rubbermaid tubs too. It was the one place not subject to my mom's cleaning out sprees. Not the big ones either, the ones that could slide under a bunkbed. Thankfully we got to use closet space for our hope chest crap. :roll: Definitely not putting my kids through that. Big family life for real, in a tiny house.

Thankfully we got to use closet space for our hope chest crap. :roll:

This brings up a good point. Considering the Duggars are so *cough* frugal and with the courting and all.... I am surprised the girls haven't been keeping hope chests!

So it is the J'Slaves responsibility to deal with a wet bed from a younger sibling.

Boob and Mullet are the worst parents ever. 0 responsibility for the children THEY chose to have. Disgusting.

This bed talk makes me think about the fact that before they moved into the TTH, we never really saw the kid's bedrooms in the small 2/3 bedroom homes they lived in.

Once is a while there was a talking head with one of the girls on a bunk-bed, but they never showed how or where the little ones slept. We know J'chelle and JB had their own room since one of the "jurisdictions" was to clean the parents room, so that would leave two small rooms for 15+ kids. Did the boys and girls separate then? Were they stacked like firewood in cribs?

This bed talk makes me think about the fact that before they moved into the TTH, we never really saw the kid's bedrooms in the small 2/3 bedroom homes they lived in.

Once is a while there was a talking head with one of the girls on a bunk-bed, but they never showed how or where the little ones slept. We know J'chelle and JB had their own room since one of the "jurisdictions" was to clean the parents room, so that would leave two small rooms for 15+ kids. Did the boys and girls separate then? Were they stacked like firewood in cribs?

I think they probably jammed them in several to a bed. And I don't think they necessarily kept the little boys separate from the older girls. We've seen Jackson sleeping in the girls room so I think it's a reasonable assumption that they put the little boys who might wake at night needing a buddy in the same room as the girls especially since they had so many more boys at the time then girls.

Not fair that JimChelle gets their own room and does t have to wake up during the night gid forbid they take care of their kids or if there's a n emergency. But the older girls can't sleep and enjoy some peace even when they're in their beds

Archived