IGNORED

Out & About

LadyCrow1313

I'm a long-time reader, first-time poster, so please bear w/any mistakes that I may make. ;)

Here's a list of my recent Fundie/fundie-ish outside encounters:

1. Last year, I was out to dinner w/a friend @ Cracker Barrel, & we happened to spot Mennonites (?) walking through the restaurant.

2. A few months ago, I was eating w/my sister & a friend @ Ihop in Connecticut, & we spotted a Fundie family that came in to eat.

3. I was recently putzing around in a local antique store, & spotted a group of Amish (?) ladies there, & one of them was holding a very cute baby. I smiled @ them politely, but they didn't pay attention to me.

4. About a month or so ago, I was driving out in farm country w/a friend, & we spotted an Amish farmer working in a field close to the road.

Now, & maybe someone can explain this, but I get such a kick out of seeing someone in the Fundie world. Why is that? Is it because it's so completely different & outside the realm of my own sphere of existence?

One thing I'm thankful of w/this board is that it's opened my eyes to other families than what I'm familiar with (Duggars/Bates/Neely/Wilkes/Stelzl/Burnetts/Paines/Jeubs). I'll be reading up on the proper terminology for this board, too, as I don't want to appear to be too much of an idiot. :geek:

Pax!

Archived