IGNORED

What would you say to the Duggars?

Kak

If you had the chance to talk to any of them what would you like to say to them?

This is what I'd say to Jessa:

Congratulations, you're free!!!

You are a strong, beautiful woman & you can now choose your path in life. Do some reading, educate yourself and you'll have your eyes opened up. Don't let Ben be your headship, you can (figuratively & literally) wear the pants in your relationship. Or you can choose to be equal partners.

You can choose to remain in fundydom if that's what you really do believe in, but you don't have to.

I hope you'll be happy.

Jim Bob and Michelle: Get OUT of your kids' way. Support them. Hold them up. Educate them. Free them. Love them. But LET THEM go.

Hey JB, Have you read comments on Free Jinger?

Don't you think that if you raised your children right that they should be trusted to make the right decisions without having to be chaperoned? After all, they are accountable to GOD and themselves - not to you.

JB and M,

Yes, it's wonderful to have the children God gives you - but he also gave you self control and a brain - you know what causes pregnancy, you know when a woman is most fertile, you know that there are times when you should avoid sex to avoid pregnancy, why not put these things to use and help God limit the number of people putting a strain on His earth's resources.

Kids:

If you were given free choice to do what you want and still have the love, support and encouragement of your parents, no matter what you chose to do in life, what would you do?

Give Michelle and JB a printout of birth control and how it doesn't cause miscarriage. Also to tell them the harm they're doing to their kids and how they're hypocritical about everything

Coming from a hyper-fertile family does not make you special or worthy of people's time. It's up to you to educate yourself, develop hobbies and interests, and become someone that people want to talk to and be around.

Why on Earth would you take marriage and childrearing advice from an old pervert who has never been married or had children? If you wanted to become a pilot, would you take flying lessons from someone who's never been in a plane (but maybe just fondled the wheels?)

:angry-tappingfoot:

Jim Bob and Michelle: Get OUT of your kids' way. Support them. Hold them up. Educate them. Free them. Love them. But LET THEM go.

QFT.

J'chelle, you'd be a lot more respectable if you and JB let them attend school, not this sad form of "homeschooling." What if any of your children want to go to college? They'd be ill-prepared at best.

I'd also say they need to get out more and see the world, but guess their TLC travelogues to Europe and Asia qualified as such.

I'd tell Jana there's a life outside servitude, and that on the outside, she'd be appreciated for what she has to offer instead of taken for granted, and I'd offer her a place in my home until she can bring her education up to scratch, with out help, and on her own feet for herself instead of for a mess of others.

To Jim Bob and Michelle: Fuck off. Just make sure to wrap it up first. You're selfish, horrid people who should be ashamed, and if there is a god, he's going to want to know why you didn't care to tend the flock. You weren't parents to 19 kids. You shoved them out, then turned your back on them. Parenting kids means YOU raise them, you bastards! You don't turn your oldest into surrogate parents. You are disgusting and vile and self-centered, and you'll be lucky if only 1 of your kids ends up hating your guts at some point.

To JB & M:

For the love of everything holy - if you must live your life with the bible as a guidepost, then please leave the interpretation to someone who has actually studied it. Also, why don't you read the New Testament a few times and recognize that Jesus was a liberal, feminest. One more thing, children are human beings with hopes, dreams, ideas and goals. Maybe you should allow them to grow into individuals instead of mini-me's. I have so much more to say...but doing those two things would probably create the changes I'm thinking of.

To the children:

You have choices. Get on the internet. Let it take you to places you are interested in. Learn. Read. Go to college. Become thinking, individuals. You can love God AND wear pants. God will love you if you listen to music or dance. Life is awesome. Being gay isn't a crime.

I have sooo much more to say, but you get the idea!

God gave His children free will - all of them - including the children He entrusted to your care.

Let them exercise the grace of God's free will and stop controlling them.

Learn some manners, you truly are not the special snowflakes.

I'd pretend not to know them. I think it would piss Michelle off royally to not be recognized.

I would ask them if I could come stay a week at the house - I'd offer to do dishes or laundry or help watch the kids which I'll betcha would get just about anyone in - I would love to see what goes on in the house when the cameras aren't rolling - or even to see when they were filming to see if there are differences in on screen / off screen behavior. I would love to be a fly on the wall for a bit.

I would be quite stern and explain to boob and mullet they are violating their children's human rights... all in my Aussie twang!

Also, I would tell JB&M to go out on top. Inevitably the perfect cheery facade is going to crack. Get out of the limelight now and that crack will hurt a lot less.

Since I know they'd never even listen to anyone who disagrees with their lifestyle, I know getting through to them would be pointless. So instead I'd act on this fantasy I have.

In it I work or own some type of business open to the public that they would stop at during their Duggar travels. Maybe it's a restaurant. And I would quietly refuse them service. I'd explain that I am a very religious person with strong morals and due to the difference in our beliefs I would have to ask them to leave. Because I endorse modesty and all the women in skirts aren't modest. The comments about the Holocaust being like abortion is too upsetting for our patrons. Well. ...I don't know how far I'd get. ...and believe me, I have so much more I'd say but the jist is I'd like to turn the tables on them and see how they like it!

I'm not very mature in my fantasies.

I'd pretend not to know them. I think it would piss Michelle off royally to not be recognized.

"Wow, that's a lot of kids! Waaaaaitttt, are you that woman on TV with 19 kids. Now what was her name....."

(Michelle looks as happy as can possibly be when you are dead from the neck up)

"Ah, yes. Kelly Bates?"

(rage) "No, I am Michelle Duggar"

"Never heard of her. Have you ever seen the show they did on them? You could probably pick up a lot of tips on how to look after that many kids"

Michelle would be so pissed off.

To all the kids: I grew up in a Baptist minister's family. I grew up thinking that authority was sacred. One of the best things that ever happened to me was seeing a button on someone's back pack that said "Question authority". This had never occurred to me before and it probably has never occurred to you. Believing in your own brain and soul and heart is your authority, not someone else telling you how to live your life, no matter who they are.

Archived