IGNORED

AZ school district rips out textbook page on abortion

Chowder Head

Saint Rachel to the rescue!

breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/10/31/MSNBC-Launches-Website-for-Controversial-AZ-Biology-Page

And here's the terribly awful page that was deemed inappropriate:

archive.azcentral.com/ic/pdf/1029biology4.pdf

Factually accurate information, we can't have that. :naughty:

Wouldn't most children of parents that were extremely anti-choice have some clue as to what abortion is and that it's available? I mean, how do they explain that abortion is wrong if their children don't know what it is and what it entails? Wouldn't they be exposed to the anti-choice dogma, the photographs of aborted fetuses, etc. when they were out protesting or on anti-choice websites?

So a very factual, matter-of-fact page about contraception shouldn't be that big a deal after being exposed to all that.

:wtf: Sometimes, I am so embarrassed that I was born and raised in Arizona. I'm so glad that I live in Colorado, now.

What I dont understand is they already adopted this book and ordered it. If this page is so offensive they need to ripe it out. why now?

City of Gilbert. It's school board is controlled by a fairly strict Mormon group and has been for years. Get out the vote on Tuesday to remove power from this group.

no better way to get kids to read it of course.

Maybe that was their intent? Reverse psychology?

What do you mean "kids?" As an adult that's the best way to get me to read it, too! (Unless were talking about a sci if novel you think I'll hate, that's a bit different from saying "don't read that evolution textbook.")

I'm am sad to admit I am a product of Gilbert public schools.

Like keen said Gilbert has a huge Mormon population. It's like a little Utah. It really doesn't surprise me. My high school also gave release time for Mormons to run across the street to seminary during schools hours.

I have never understood why religious types view knowledge as dangerous. Just because I read a book about a serial killer doesn't mean I am going to become one and just because kids have access to info about abortion doesn't mean they are all going to run out and have one.

And yes, I agree that once kids know they aren't supposed to see that information- it makes it all the more enticing.

I lived in Gilbert for 2 years...glad I didn't have any kids in school. There's a LDS meeting house on every other corner and a big temple that was built on the eastern edge of town. Nevada isn't much better...LV is surprisingly conservative for all it's reputation as "sin city"

Archived