IGNORED

Jana

MoonFace

It sucks to always have to be abstinent or at least avoid PIV sex during your most fertile times, though. Those tend to be the times that women desire sex the most, and if you're really being careful it ends up being like half the month that you can't have sex - and then there's still a risk that you ovulated early or late or twice or whatever.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to sound stupid, but can't they use condoms?

Are you talking about the Duggars? No... they abhor any kind of birth control. Thus the conundrum.

I still don't understand why gothard or the Duggars don't believe in birth control. Leave it in gods hands is bs. Science created birth control to be used. Just like people created computers, tv, cell phones all things the Duggars use, yet they don't leave that in gods hands

I still don't understand why gothard or the Duggars don't believe in birth control. Leave it in gods hands is bs. Science created birth control to be used. Just like people created computers, tv, cell phones all things the Duggars use, yet they don't leave that in gods hands

More Duggars= more soldiers for the cause. Using BC decreases the potential numbers.

Why in the hell would anyone solicit marriage or family advice from a bachelor?

Hold the phone! In the auction scene when JB is buying stuff for Jill, there is a mystery guy sitting next to her. It's not a Duggar or Ben. It could be nothing. Jana wasn't paying attention to him.

However, we know JB wouldn't let a non-related male that close to his courting or engaged daughters. Plus, Jana has been wearing an open heart necklace like the one (not an exact dupe but you know what I mean). Derick gave Jill when he asked her to court. I think maybe Jessa has one also.

Any thoughts?

I have often wondered that myself about the necklace that Jana is wearing. Jill had one from Derrick, Jessa had one from Ben, so who gave Jana's her heart necklace?

I have often wondered that myself about the necklace that Jana is wearing. Jill had one from Derrick, Jessa had one from Ben, so who gave Jana's her heart necklace?

Maybe Jessa Blessa felt bad about the jewellery incident from years ago and made Bin buy her one too lol. Or Jessa bought it. OR Jana got it from a man and they are just waiting to announce the courtship for a few seasons so they keep getting renewed.

On the big heart necklaces - it was a courtship gift thing for both Jill and Jessa.

Have we seen Jinger or Joy wear big heart necklaces? I sort of don't think so.

I'll bet that Jana didn't buy a big heart necklace for herself.

Serious question:

Is not getting married and having a bunch of children an option in their world?

I ask this in all seriousness (and as someone raised pseudofundie-Catholic), are there such things in the Duggar-brand of religion as monks and nuns? Like if any of the kids just wanted to run off to a convent or seminary and spend their life in prayer and religious reflection, is that allowed?

I ask this in all seriousness (and as someone raised pseudofundie-Catholic), are there such things in the Duggar-brand of religion as monks and nuns? Like if any of the kids just wanted to run off to a convent or seminary and spend their life in prayer and religious reflection, is that allowed?

Interesting question.

I had a neighbor who at a later age became a very devout Buddhist and after a few years, she went off to become a Buddhist nun (started wearing a red outfit, cut her hair, etc.), and moved upstate to a commune sort of environment. I had never heard of anything like that before she did it, but, i am not a Buddhist. So, maybe there is something like that in the Duggar world??

Interesting question.

I had a neighbor who at a later age became a very devout Buddhist and after a few years, she went off to become a Buddhist nun (started wearing a red outfit, cut her hair, etc.), and moved upstate to a commune sort of environment. I had never heard of anything like that before she did it, but, i am not a Buddhist. So, maybe there is something like that in the Duggar world??

haha - yes it's called Spinster Sisters. They do many menial servanthood duties.

all joking aside, i've never heard of anything official.

Archived