IGNORED

Game Time: How Many Duggars. . .

VelociRapture

. . . will be courting, married, or parents by November of next year?

I get married a year and 6 days after Jessa and I'm curious how many of them will hit major milestones before then.

My guesses:

Courting - Jana and one of the older boys (possibly JD or Joseph)

Married - Just Josh, Jill, and Jessa

Parents - See above

And as a bonus:

I think Michelle is most likely to go completely crazy in the next year. She'll snap once Jill has Baby Dilly and start carrying around a loaf of bread wrapped in a blanket, while cooing and calling it her "Precious" little blessing.

Hmm, I think the smart money is on Joseph to start courting. He's the right age and is one of the better-looking Duggarlings, so the focus may shift to him. John David strikes me as wanting to stay single as long as he can, at least off camera.

I think it will be at least 6 months before Ben and Jessa will conceive. Not sure why, just the thought that maybe Jessa will have unexpected headaches to keep from doing the deed too often. But maybe not, maybe she'll love sex too much to think about abstaining to prevent a baby too quickly. Hey, I've been wrong before. ;)

Bonus: Derick will quickly tire of Michelle's ravening case of Grandbaby Rabies after Baby Dilly arrives. He won't be able to get her out of the house away from the baby, and she won't stop coming around and offering to constantly babysit, at least for the first 6 months. Might be the push he needs to move his family away from the in-laws.

I might have peed a bit when I read "grandbaby rabies". Oh my gosh.

I think Joseph will probably be in a courtship within the next year and I hope Jana. That or they'll try to push a guy on Jinger and she'll finally break free. John David doesn't strike me as being all that interested in having any relationships, at least from what we've seen on the show, but maybe he just doesn't want the hassle of having to play all of it out for the TLC viewers. The only other Duggar of courting age is technically Josiah and we all know they're just pretending he doesn't even exist.

I'd love to take the credit, but alas, it wasn't me. Another poster came up with that clever Michelle-only disease.

I'd love to see it as a user title. :lol:

Jim Bob isn't really in a hurry to marry the kids off, is he? If there are no Bateses in the courting pipeline, he may feel no need to shove one of his in there, either.

Jim Bob isn't really in a hurry to marry the kids off, is he? If there are no Bateses in the courting pipeline, he may feel no need to shove one of his in there, either.

I think the $$$ and TLC specials galore might help a bit. What may have started out as Bates competition has now turned into marry off the kids to fill the pocketbook for more "buying used and saving the difference".

JimBob isn't in a hurry to marry off his sons because they provide free labor for his businesses and are his buddies. He knows that once they have a wife to support, he will have to start paying them a living wage and he will lose his bros.

Perhaps John-David will be the Bill Gothard in his family and stay with J'chelle and Jim Bob in the TTH until they die.

By November 2015, from the top ...

Josh & Anna.

Another pregnancy.

Jana

Exactly where she is now. I hope Jana finds what it is that makes her happy. I don't really want to wish marriage or escape or anything else on her because I really don't think we know anything about her. It's interesting rewatching old shows to realise that Michelle always talks about her in past tense. "She use to be just like Hannie." The doula thing seems to have been forced on her. The only thing I have ever seen her initiate was the missionary trip to Indonesia/Malaysia. I would love to see her, by next November, find something she is passionate about and either do it or start working towards it. Do I think this will happen? No.

John - David

Single. Bigger prediction: in ten years time, John will be single. I just don't see him as the marrying type. I also think that he is strong enough to stand up to Jim Bob's pressure to get married.

Jill & Derrick

Jill will have her baby and probably be pregnant again by next November. We have no evidence that she has her mothers fertility levels but I think that youth combined with actively trying to conceive with lead to a very small gap between babies.

Jessa & Ben

No baby. I think Jessa is pretty deep in the koolaid so won't use the pill but I think she'll find another way to hold off the babies.

Jinger & Joy

Jinger still sad at loosing close relationship with Jessa. Increasing closeness between these two. (Some evidence of this already.) Joy will thrive on having a besty.

Other Offspring

Exactly where they are now.

And finally ... Michelle

Many people have suggested she will be at the Dilliards all the time. I can't see this happening. Michelle is a queen bee who likes to be at the centre. I think Jill will drop Derrick at work and continue on to spend the day with Michelle at TTH. Michelle will get her baby fix. Jill gets to have her baby admired by everybody and isn't lonely by herself at home.

JimBob isn't in a hurry to marry off his sons because they provide free labor for his businesses and are his buddies. He knows that once they have a wife to support, he will have to start paying them a living wage and he will lose his bros.

He might not marry off any more of his daughters right away because the Howlers are losing their sister moms who have been the ones raising them.

I agree that Michelle carrying around a bread loaf baby or possibly a doll is a likely scenario as once she realizes her baby making days are over, it could make her crazy.

My predictions bu Nov 2015

Josh and Anna- 4th baby born.

Jill and Derick- 2nd baby in the pipeline

Jessa and Ben- Two babies. She's announcing twins by Valentine's. (Mostly just want her to out-Duggar precious Jilly Muffin)

Jana and John- I think they will be engaged (not each other). She will court a nice looking guy in his mid-late 20's- similar to Derick but much cuter. JD will court a local girl that JB pushes onto him. Maybe even a twin wedding! Imagine the ratings.

Jinger- will be courting. Once Jessa tells her how awesome freedom is- Jinger will be lining up to get her some (freedom, that is).

Joseph- will have a "special friend."

I predict:

Jessa pregnancy announcement in March

Jana or JD courtship announcement in June

Anna pregnancy announcement #4 in July

Jana or JD courtship announcement in September for some "courting twins" added value

Jill pregnancy announcement #2 in December

Michelle's med dosage gradually increases, dead-eyed forced smiles reach Peak Insanity (year-round)

I don't think Jinger or Joseph will be courting in 2015. I think Jinger's got another few years stuck in that house, unfortunately. I say the earliest her courtship will be is 2016.

Full Michelle breakdown predicted for 2016 or 2017. I think it'll be more of the same for a while and when her youngest is 8, 9 years old and all of the Duggar kids with their own children don't live in Arkansas anymore...that'll be it. Honestly, the only Duggar so far I can see staying there long-term is John David, and though I predict he'll be married soon by Jim Bob's doing, I can easily see him single into his 30s too.

Come 2017, we'll have a bread loaf baby. God, by 2017 there could easily be more than 10 Duggar grandkids...I don't want to think about it.

I'd love to take the credit, but alas, it wasn't me. Another poster came up with that clever Michelle-only disease.

I'd love to see it as a user title. :lol:

Agreed! 'suffering from grandbaby rabies' would be amazing. Mods, make it happen!

Anna is looking thoroughly un-pregnant in that zipper dress she's worn before (in un-pregnant times) in Josh's instagram pic, so if Jim Bob is counting on three simultaneous pregnancies for ratings, Anna and Jessa are going to need to get busy for the holidays. Still not getting any hints she's pregnant. No pregnancy boobs or belly.

Jim Bob and Michelle act like there's no limit to how many kids they could love, but I'd like to see them remember all 200+ hypothetical future grandbabies' names...and by the time they'd hit 200, Michelle will be going on about getting some great grandbabies out of Mackynzie. That is, if Michelle doesn't OD on her meds by then. If they're having one kid every 2 years on average, there could easily be 5 or more Duggar grandkids born per year by 2020. And maybe almost 10 born per year at peak Duggar madness :pink-shock:

Josh and Anna will either have had #4 or be expecting one shortly.

Jill and Derick will be expecting #2.

Jessa and Ben will have just had their first; I expect an announcement at Christmas.

No other courtships, though, except maybe JD.

I think the next three seasons or so are pretty locked down for material, with all the focus on the Dills and Benessa and their first this or that. They won't need to have another courtship anytime soon in order to improve ratings.

They are not going to want Jana and Jinger to leave any time soon, because Michelle needs them to run the house. I don't think any of the guys are in any hurry to get married, because they have it pretty good, and are not interested in being responsible for an ever growing brood. JD is the only one I could potentially see courting, because Jim Bob seems to be getting on his case. JD might give in if JB pushes hard enough.

By November 2015:

Josh and Anna still in DC with 3 kids trying to avoid the why aren't you pregnant again questions.

JD and Jana on their honeymoons after the twins get married 2 hour tv special which has a live element to it - watch them both kiss for the first time live! JD will marry a young plain looking fundie and hopefully Jana will marry a more mainstream older guy - like 33 yrs old - who lives far away and who is financially well off.

Jill pregnant with baby #2 - disappointed she is again not having twins. Thinking about adopting some little ones on a mission trip so she can fill up the quiver. Also doing lots of babysitting back at the big house in hopes of keeping the mansion for a bit longer.

Jessa and Ben living in a tiny house in Hot Springs also curiously but happily not pregnant yet.

Jinger has somehow finagled her way to working at a mission in a city and is secretly taking photography classes and planning her escape.

Josiah has offered to tag along with a Jinger to be her accountability partner but is in on the escape plan.

The next 3 or 4 boys are courting.

Joy is politely turning down a steady stream of fundie doofuses.

The next several boys are just trying to avoid puberty because the next season of life doesn't look that great.

The little girls will become the cute part of the show and will hopefully get some more attention and hopefully won't become Jill's team of free babysitters.

Grandma Duggar takes a sabbatical.

Michelle gives one last ditch effort to get pregnant or if that doesn't work she adopts a baby so they can call the show 20 kids but she's super annoyed that she can't now brag that she delivered all 20 but she does awkward explaining that she's actually been pregnant 21 times.

JB just doing that nervous chuckle and getting worried about how long the TLC gravy train is going to last.

Amy still doing anything she can to ride the coat tails of reality tv fame - maybe she'll get a spot n the celebrity dancing show.

Archived