IGNORED

Christian Man Feels It His Duty to Kill to Stop Magic

LongDogMom

Addicting Info had a story today (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/10/31 ... itchcraft/) about an Oklahoma Christian student who killed his friend (almost decapitated him in fact), because he felt it was his duty as a Christian to stop his friend practicing magic:

"Oklahoma Christian Student ‘Decapitates’ Friend Over Accusations Of Witchcraft

AUTHOR: JAMESON PARKER OCTOBER 31, 2014 1:53 PM

A 21-year-old man is in police custody after admitting to killing an acquaintance over “witchcraft.â€

Police found Jacob Andrew Crockett stabbed to death and nearly decapitated at an apartment in Stillwater, Oklahoma. ...The alleged attacker, Isaiah Zoar Marin told police he had to kill the man because as a Christian with “strong Christian beliefs†it was his duty to stop anyone from practicing “magic.†According to Oklahoma’s KFOR news:

Marin’s brother, Samuel Marin, told police he and Isaiah were playing a card game and the victim was in the room with them.

The report says Samuel stated Isaiah had been watching YouTube videos related to his Christian beliefs.

During the card game, the affidavit claims Isaiah picked up a large black sword and began swinging it.

Samuel stated he heard a noise “described as the sound of someone getting stabbed. He stated he looked up and saw Jacob stand up and blood gushing from his chest.â€

Marin’s brother fled the house, and his brother followed him attempting to explain why he had killed Crockett. Samuel described his brother as a “religious zealot†and “heavy drug user†who had recently been watching YouTube videos about his Christian beliefs.

Addicting Info had a story today (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/10/31 ... itchcraft/) about an Oklahoma Christian student who killed his friend (almost decapitated him in fact), because he felt it was his duty as a Christian to stop his friend practicing magic:

"Oklahoma Christian Student ‘Decapitates’ Friend Over Accusations Of Witchcraft

AUTHOR: JAMESON PARKER OCTOBER 31, 2014 1:53 PM

A 21-year-old man is in police custody after admitting to killing an acquaintance over “witchcraft.â€

Police found Jacob Andrew Crockett stabbed to death and nearly decapitated at an apartment in Stillwater, Oklahoma. ...The alleged attacker, Isaiah Zoar Marin told police he had to kill the man because as a Christian with “strong Christian beliefs†it was his duty to stop anyone from practicing “magic.†According to Oklahoma’s KFOR news:

Marin’s brother, Samuel Marin, told police he and Isaiah were playing a card game and the victim was in the room with them.

The report says Samuel stated Isaiah had been watching YouTube videos related to his Christian beliefs.

During the card game, the affidavit claims Isaiah picked up a large black sword and began swinging it.

Samuel stated he heard a noise “described as the sound of someone getting stabbed. He stated he looked up and saw Jacob stand up and blood gushing from his chest.â€

Marin’s brother fled the house, and his brother followed him attempting to explain why he had killed Crockett. Samuel described his brother as a “religious zealot†and “heavy drug user†who had recently been watching YouTube videos about his Christian beliefs.

Just goes to show that extremism in any religion is a dangerous thing. I feel very badly for Mr. Crockett and his loved ones. I also feel badly for Samuel Marin, who had to witness such barbarity, and the Marin family, who have to deal with the fact that their other son murdered an innocent person.

I feel terrible for his family. Just saw an article that the victim is the son of an OK Highway Patrol officer, so I have a feeling that the killer will get the maximum sentence.

I think this guy had to have some mental issues going on even before the drugs. Although, I have known a few fundies who I think would do anything and everything they thought God was telling them to do. Scary!

Drugs and fundie don't mix.

Sword control is needed.

I found out about this by a friend's husband posting it on Facebook and saying this is why we need to outlaw guns. By the time I saw it, there were already a few people asking if he bothered to read the article.

Archived