IGNORED

Woman harassed 108 times, Red Pill guy says no problem

2xx1xy1JD

New York Post article about a woman harassed 108 times in a single day, as caught on hidden camera.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/28/woman-hara ... c-streets/

In the video, she's just walking down the street, not remotely flirty or even making eye contact, wearing a crew neck t-shirt and jeans, both in dark solid colors.

If you want your blood pressure to go up a little higher, watch this:

Can we say rape culture?

No. These men were not merely giving innocent greetings. You give a greeting when you are actually meeting someone, and you look at their face.

No. This woman was doing absolutely nothing to attract attention. Unlike a baboon (gross analogy he uses), her buttocks are covered, and are not bright red. I've got the same pair of jeans, and I wear them because they are the most comfortable I've ever found.

No. Women don't owe responses to random men cat-calling, and they certainly don't deserve creepy following or nasty comments when all they are doing is ignoring someone.

No. This isn't about guys that can't catch a break. Most intelligent human beings know that you don't meet women by randomly harassing someone on the street.

BAHAHAHAHA!

Okay, I'm taking this video in spurts because the strange mix of fury and hilarity it produces in me is, like, super disconcerting.

I do love the image of feminists as ugly, bitter, sexually frustrated women, though. I better not let the boyfriend watch this video response or he'll find out how ugly I am!

Also, I'm :lol: over the Brad Pitt thing. Perhaps I am an evil hypocrite because I would, in fact, be shocked and amazed if Brad Pitt spoke to me on the street. Because he's a movie star, not because he's attractive.

EDIT 1: Oh for heaven's sake-- the very obvious scare tactic music at the end as he's "driving his point home." :lol: :pull-hair: :lol: :pull-hair:

EDIT 2: A more thought-out response now. It's interesting, of course, how he ONLY mentioned one of the less aggressive instances-- where a guy said, "Have a nice day." Anyway, non-gendered, non-sexual public acknowledgement is not always negative, depending on the specific culture of the area in question. For instance, it's quite common for folks where I live to nod and say "Good morning" when passing each other on the local running trail. If eye-contact is made on the street, a smile and head nod is usually exchanged. The boyfriend makes it a habit to wave at all the cyclists he sees when he is on a ride. This creep was trying to make the obviously unreciprocated and either implicitly or overtly sexual "greetings" the woman got fit into the same category as those situations.

I've never felt uncomfortable exchanging a "good morning" with fellow runners. I've always felt uncomfortable when people act like the guys in this video. I'm pretty sure the distinction is clear to reasonable human beings.

Exactly. Context counts, not just the words.

You greet people that you know. You greet people in small towns. You greet people if you are hosting an event. You greet people if you are hiking or cycling. When you give a genuine greeting, you look at someone's face, not their boobs or butt. You also greet people of your own gender as well.

Are those the "normal' streets in Manhattan, or is she walking around a more seedy part of town? I saw some graffitti, makes me think this is probably not a good area of town.

I'd like to hear about ten hours of an overweight girl with baggy sweats on, because I seriously doubt it's gonna be the same thing. Or dress that same girl like a fundie: long denim shirt, shapeless shirt, maybe even throw in one of Jill's scarves for good measure - I'd really like to see if it would be any different.

Anything that is supposed to enlighten people but ends with a plea for a donation is automatically suspicious, in my book.

Are those the "normal' streets in Manhattan, or is she walking around a more seedy part of town? I saw some graffitti, makes me think this is probably not a good area of town.

I'd like to hear about ten hours of an overweight girl with baggy sweats on, because I seriously doubt it's gonna be the same thing. Or dress that same girl like a fundie: long denim shirt, shapeless shirt, maybe even throw in one of Jill's scarves for good measure - I'd really like to see if it would be any different.

Anything that is supposed to enlighten people but ends with a plea for a donation is automatically suspicious, in my book.

Does it matter? Any person should be able to walk on any street without being harassed, mugged, raped, murdered, or targeted.

Overweight women are harrassed as well.

I didn't see the plea for money. I also dislike that.

• 4 weeks later...

The overweight woman would be mooed at or insulted for being fat possibley more thanthis woman was confronted and would also be hit i

on occasionally. Based on my many years of experience as an overweight woman. That said i dont wear sweats but doubt they would change the wen outcome,

Archived