IGNORED

Things you do that are fundie-like

bluehydrangea

I'm also an evangelical Christian (of the liberal flavor), go church on Sundays and Bible study on Wednesday evenings when I'm not sick.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I'm new here. *waves*

*looks around*... I guess this forum is actually filled with fundies.

I do lots of fundie-like things :) including wearing skirts... but that's because I love history and fantasy ie. steampunk. I also have super long hair... but that's because I watched fiddler-on-the-roof when I was 12 and decided I would always keep long hair just in case I got my dream role as one of the 5 daughters of Tevye (which is unlikely, because I'm Asian).

Um yeah. I don't think I'd avoid eating casseroles or something or wearing clothes that I like because it may look fundie. But it's interesting to know what they do :pink-shock:

Hi! I'm new here. *waves*

*looks around*... I guess this forum is actually filled with fundies.

I do lots of fundie-like things :) including wearing skirts... but that's because I love history and fantasy ie. steampunk. I also have super long hair... but that's because I watched fiddler-on-the-roof when I was 12 and decided I would always keep long hair just in case I got my dream role as one of the 5 daughters of Tevye (which is unlikely, because I'm Asian).

Um yeah. I don't think I'd avoid eating casseroles or something or wearing clothes that I like because it may look fundie. But it's interesting to know what they do :pink-shock:

Welcome to the forum Bretta!

yay! welcome bretta :D hope you like it here!

i realized that my outfit today is rather fundie-ish. maxie skirt and cardigan over a short sleeved shirt. my shirt is too low for most fundies, but i'm also wearing a scarf, so i spose that helps. also, my hair - which is getting longer and longer - is in a half-ponytail with a clip.

only things that distinguish me are the stretched earlobes and facial piercings. i don't think fundies would approve of that part of my outfit. :D

Mostly, I am the least fundie-like person you could find! I live in and love the city, I work out and engage in a traditionally "male" sport (rock climbing), and male profession (law).

However, I said a very fundie thing today! The cat was meowing for her dinner but it wasn't her dinnertime. So I said, "You need to wait until 5 and learn servanthood!" She meowed more insistently, and I said, "You need to work on your contentment!"

I said a very fundie thing today! The cat was meowing for her dinner but it wasn't her dinnertime. So I said, "You need to wait until 5 and learn servanthood!" She meowed more insistently, and I said, "You need to work on your contentment!"

You were wasting your breath. Cats don't give a fuck, they do what they want. That's why they're my kind of pet.

You were wasting your breath. Cats don't give a fuck, they do what they want. That's why they're my kind of pet.

Let me offer some wise council about cats:

1) It is your headship.

2) You a it's submissive helpmeet.

3) It is to be obeyed or it will punish you.

4) It will do what it wants, when it wants.

5) Any thing it sees it owns.

Do not disagree with me. It's not biblical. LOL!!!

Well I do attend church sometimes. Say a few prayers in the morning. I wear my shorts to the knee but that's only because I'm too lazy to shave above the knee.

Let me offer some wise council about cats:

1) It is your headship.

2) You a it's submissive helpmeet.

3) It is to be obeyed or it will punish you.

4) It will do what it wants, when it wants.

5) Any thing it sees it owns.

Do not disagree with me. It's not biblical. LOL!!!

6) If you are present, you are a bed. If you are not present, you must provide an adequate bed. Preferably your own.

7) Gimme the tuna juice right meow.

My feline headship has me trained. I all of a sudden realised that the presence of my cat sitting by my chair is enough for me to put my legs into her preferred sleeping position (turned to the side, feet resting on the sofa) so she can jump up and lie on me. I don't even have to think about it anymore.

I'm trying desperately to come up with fundie things I do and it's hard. I am a working mother (outside the home), I'm politically liberal, I believe in science, I'm not the least bit submissive- my husband and I are a team, I don't hit my children at all, I don't use birth control but that's because my husband is fixed, my hair is short, I wear pants 99.246% of the time, I almost never use paper plates, the last time I wore a frumper was in primary school, I'm agnostic at best although I do go to an ebil liberal mainstream protestant church, I don't enjoy music of any kind (I know weird, weird), I couldn't craft to save my life...

I do own a crock pot so may be that counts. However, its primary function is for my son to make chili.

I feel like such a failure!!!!

I'm trying desperately to come up with fundie things I do and it's hard. I am a working mother (outside the home), I'm politically liberal, I believe in science, I'm not the least bit submissive- my husband and I are a team, I don't hit my children at all, I don't use birth control but that's because my husband is fixed, my hair is short, I wear pants 99.246% of the time, I almost never use paper plates, the last time I wore a frumper was in primary school, I'm agnostic at best although I do go to an ebil liberal mainstream protestant church, I don't enjoy music of any kind (I know weird, weird), I couldn't craft to save my life...

I do own a crock pot so may be that counts. However, its primary function is for my son to make chili.

I feel like such a failure!!!!

I own a crockpot too! It lives on the top shelf of my pantry and the last time I used it was to melt paraffin wax for a girl's "spa night." I know many people love their crockpots, but honestly I'd rather just use the oven.

Puts down as another wearer of skirts. Most hit the knee. Anything shorter shows off my panties when I bend over as I have short legs.

My feline headship has me trained. I all of a sudden realised that the presence of my cat sitting by my chair is enough for me to put my legs into her preferred sleeping position (turned to the side, feet resting on the sofa) so she can jump up and lie on me. I don't even have to think about it anymore.

Same here! My cat is definitely my headship, and I wouldn't dare to tell her she needs to learn to be more content, she'd probably kill me in my sleep. :lol:

I have long hair, cook pretty much everything from scratch, and perhaps make a few too many casseroles this time of year. I also have a wide range of knowledge about the Bible (from my fundie fascination) and Orthodox Jewish info (from friends/living where I do). I think that's pretty much the extent of my fundie habits.

However...since it's gotten a bit colder I've started wearing longer (below the knee) length skirts with tights and a coat that covers pretty well. The university where I work has a pretty large group of Orthodox Jewish women students and I look young enough to be a potential student - in the last 3 weeks I've been mistaken for a student in that program several times already. Not sure if that says more about the people assuming that or my clothing choices. :shifty-kitty:

Things that make me fundie:

- I dress conservatively, mainly because that's my style and I don't feel comfortable showing too much skin. No judgement on those that dress differently tho'.

- hubby is primary breadwinner, mainly because his specialty makes more money than what I could ever make. This will probably not change for the rest of our careers. His schedule is busy right now so I do more of the household chores including cooking and cleaning.

` I find myself deferring to hubby for decisions, not sure why. He's not argumentative or controlling. I think I'm just lazy and like to defer to him for stuff like where to eat or vacation :lol:

- I'm pretty old-fashioned when it comes to education, probably due to my Chinese upbringing. I'm big on pushing kids to just work hard and not whine. Not hand-holding and protecting self-esteem from me :hand:

- In college, I hung out with people that don't drink, smoke or do sex. We were the most staid bunch of kids.

I guess that's it It's really weird to think about the stuff I have in common with fundies. I always thought of myself as the antithesis of what a fundie women will be like. Then again, what makes me different from fundies aren't the things I do (or don't do). It's that I can choose to do them or not. Fundies teach their kids there's only one way to live. I make my own path.

I guess that's it It's really weird to think about the stuff I have in common with fundies. I always thought of myself as the antithesis of what a fundie women will be like. Then again, what makes me different from fundies aren't the things I do (or don't do). It's that I can choose to do them or not. Fundies teach their kids there's only one way to live. I make my own path.

Your last paragraph sums it up in a nutshell.

• 1 year later...

Maybe that's why fundies are so scary....because in many ways they are totally mainstream?  They would be easier to pick out if they were fundamentally (ha!) different from us, but at the end of the day we're all human?

Let's see....

wavy hair down to the waist, though I usually wear it pinned up (why don't fundie women do this, btw?  I always wondered....)

cook and bake from scratch including bread, though while I have my favourites I greatly enjoy trying new recipes, and enjoy trying food from different cultures (I'm looking up Syrian food at the moment because my main character is Syrian)  I imagine fundies wouldn't like that :bento:

knit, crochet, sew, want to learn to weave and make my own clothes,

wear long skirts (mid-calf length), and tops that don't show cleavage,

don't drink, smoke, do drugs,

play the piano, and also the clarinet,

I'm fairly quiet and non-confrontational, though I'm completely un-fundie in that I'm very strong willed I will let you know if you have pissed me off :evil-laugh:

I take my religion seriously, but again, I'm Pagan so I don't think fundies would like that.

I also have a job (extra points for working for myself!  Though having said that...), have one degree and am working on another, will NEVER willingly submit to anyone, and am pretty openly bisexual.

Archived