IGNORED

Bus full of singing, traveling Evangelicals

BrownieMomma

I love this thread!

Wife doesn't like to hear about fundies but I still had to tell her about this! I read her the song and she said, "Damn, you guys work fast! If someone doesn't make up a song to the tune of "the wheels on the bus...." She then proceeded to sing, "The crazies on the bus are super cramped, super cramped, super cramped...ALL the livelong day!"

Also, she suggested that the oldest may have conceived the twins by, er...the parents lending them the master suite for babymaking purposes. :ew: :shock:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the engine dying is a sign that they need to settle down. Y'know, in an actual house with bedrooms for the kids where they'll have their own space to think. Where they can get an education instead of working most of the year and never seeing a penny of the profits they earned. Oh wait...nope. That would require the parents to make rational and responsible decisions.

These people are horrible. Exploiting their kids for money and making them think that parents who actually treat their kids with respect are evil. This is child labor, period. It doesn't matter how much the kids think they enjoy it, or that they have nothing to compare it to.

If someone doesn't make up a song to the tune of "the wheels on the bus...." She then proceeded to sing, "The crazies on the bus are super cramped, super cramped, super cramped...ALL the livelong day!"

I think she should finish that herself (with hand movements! :lol: ) -- she made a good start.

I'm still feeling inspired by Mama Rose. Wonder how fundie stage parents would react to Mr. Goldstone? Would they be torn between flattering him to get work and converting him?

Have some Jesus, Mr. Goldstone.

Without Jesus Satan’s got you in his lair.

From a spare rib, Mr. Goldstone, God made Eve,

It sure wasn’t Steve, Adam’s life to share!

You’re Jew, that’s not nice, It will do to think twice!

Give your faith up, you’ll be saved.

Please convert, little squirt,

Or someone is getting hurt.

Up to heav’n the path is paved!

All is peachy, Mr. Goldstone.

Just as long as you no longer are a Jew.

Don’t read Nietsche, Mr. Goldstone.

Atheism’s bad, too!

Everybody sing a song.

Until Goldstone comes along,

Mr. Goldstone God loves you!

[bBvideo 560,340:30bvzpqk]

[/bBvideo]

I googled a bit and found a few articles where they specifically state that their home church is in Branson, but that they have no actual home. Their mailing address is Branson.

In the scintillating interview below, the Allens expand on the annual mission trip to Uganda. The wording is cringe worthy, but I do appreciate the fact that they are doing actual helpful things (water supply, medical care)

laurenssoutherngospelviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-allen-family-names-you-might-not.html

I quickly read several of her posts, oh wow. She is 20 now, so yup she is perfect to marry JD along with her wedding fever and self-righteous attitude- I would say a match made in gothard heaven

She is really pretty. Could there be a Michelle and JD courting trip to Uganda in the future? :shock:

post-10046-1445199959439_thumb.jpg

So I spent some time on the good 'ol Wayback Machine. Seems like the family was detained or arrested June 2007 for trying to illegally cross the border into Canada. There was a PDF about the situation on their site years ago, but it's not there anymore and I can't view it. Cupcake to the first person that can find further info.

Also, they went to Zambia in 2010. Seems like John Shrader doesn't realize that it's quite the fundie hotspot. They all need to be saved by JOHN, dammit. :roll:

So I spent some time on the good 'ol Wayback Machine. Seems like the family was detained or arrested June 2007 for trying to illegally cross the border into Canada. There was a PDF about the situation on their site years ago, but it's not there anymore and I can't view it. Cupcake to the first person that can find further info.

They must have been so excited to be able to check "get persecuted for Jesus" off of their Things To Do list.

And this is what I get. "So what are you doing?" Excuse me? Do you have any idea how much work goes into preparing for marriage and motherhood?

No, no I don't. Because before I got married, I earned a degree and then worked full-time. And I continued to work full-time after marriage until I had kids. WTF would I have been doing with my time during those years "to prepare for marriage and motherhood?"

I've been reading about the fundie lifestyle for a couple years now and I still don't know what it is you do, full time, for years, to prepare for marriage and motherhood.

Make sure that uterus stays in good shape for baby-forming? How do you do that? HOW? What else do you do? WHAT? Cooking? Sewing? I did that while working. Read the Bible? Attend church? People work those into their busy schedules all the time (not me, but, you know, other people.) Attend financial planning seminars so you know how to stay out of debt? Just listen to Dave Ramsey's radio show on your lunch hour.

I just don't know! What is it, goddamnit! WHAT. IS. IT? I simply must know. What takes all this time to prepare for marriage and motherhood?

:angry-screaming:

Perhaps I should lay off the caffeine today, also too.

No, no I don't. Because before I got married, I earned a degree and then worked full-time. And I continued to work full-time after marriage until I had kids. WTF would I have been doing with my time during those years "to prepare for marriage and motherhood?"

I've been reading about the fundie lifestyle for a couple years now and I still don't know what it is you do, full time, for years, to prepare for marriage and motherhood.

Make sure that uterus stays in good shape for baby-forming? How do you do that? HOW? What else do you do? WHAT? Cooking? Sewing? I did that while working. Read the Bible? Attend church? People work those into their busy schedules all the time (not me, but, you know, other people.) Attend financial planning seminars so you know how to stay out of debt? Just listen to Dave Ramsey's radio show on your lunch hour.

I just don't know! What is it, goddamnit! WHAT. IS. IT? I simply must know. What takes all this time to prepare for marriage and motherhood?

:clap: :clap: :clap: (all of it but laying off the caffeine)

I don't know what takes so long either. For all those years of prep, you'd think SAHDs would at least know how to cook better and healthier meals (not TTC!)

They are much better singers than the Rodrigueses, Duggars, Maxwells, and Bateses. I just hate that style of music. The grannies in the audience were rocking out, though. The youngest boy makes the funniest faces when he sings.

Ok, I was zipping though to topics and read this one as

Bus Full of swinging, traveling Evangelicals!
:cracking-up:

Maybe the engine dying is a sign that they need to settle down. Y'know, in an actual house with bedrooms for the kids where they'll have their own space to think. Where they can get an education instead of working most of the year and never seeing a penny of the profits they earned. Oh wait...nope. That would require the parents to make rational and responsible decisions.

These people are horrible. Exploiting their kids for money and making them think that parents who actually treat their kids with respect are evil. This is child labor, period. It doesn't matter how much the kids think they enjoy it, or that they have nothing to compare it to.

Seriously. When the dad talked about using the littlest boy and his Jesus Cowboy song to win people over, I threw up a little. I'm surprised they don't give him a tip cup to run around with like a good little monkey.

I felt sick from the "christian is the baby and no one can resist him and eveeyone loves us after they see him." Garbage. I didnt think the kid was THAT cute. Get over yourselves. In a year wgen he's too old to sell the round up in the sky crap, they'll teach the twin grandbabies a song to collect money with. That dad was so annoying. Yuck.

I could only get through six minutes of that you tube video.. the song wasn't bad. Clearly, they've had some training about singing AND marketing. (Did you notice that the one ankle strap of the oldest girl was not on her ankle? WARDROBE MALFUNCTION!)

I liked the singing. Wouldn't buy it, but it's not painful to listen to.. like some other families.

I have never understood why there has to be a specific time to learn how to be good cook and housewife. I went to college and got married in grad school and started a career. I'll admit I wasn't the best cook when I first got married. I learned some recipes from co-workers. Then after my first child was born I had some medical complications and was forced to slow down my life. A really nice retired neighbor came over and taught me how to cook from scratch. My son would be sleeping and she would pop in once in awhile and teach me something I wanted to learn to make. Now I'll learn new baking trends with other moms. It is fun to socialize and learn (and fail) together at the latest cupcake trends.

I failed at sewing so many times. Is it wrong not to be able to thread a bobbin? When I need something altered I go pay a struggling single mom who is great at sewing. I feel good that the $10 I earned or my husband earned by having a degree can help her out. She uses her sewing funds for her kids sports and music lessons. If all her sewing clients sewed themselves she would not have the extra money. It goes further because the music teacher she pays has a husband who was disabled in a horrible accident so the money is helping again.

I just don't get why these young women in waiting can't get some other education or skills? My father practically forced me to get a teaching certificate in college. I had no intentions of becoming a teacher. It has helped me so much since I have a child with an IEP. You never know when you will use what you learn in college or life experiences. Seeing these girls wait 4,5, 6 years or more and doing basically nothing makes me both sad and angry. I have no problem with SAHM but it doesn't mean before you become one you can't have another life.

It's interesting to me that the parents met at Bible College but have not sent their own kids to college. Why would they deny their children the same education they were fortunate enough to have?

I wonder if TLC will pick this family up for a whole season? Could be very interesting.

For a lot of them i think the parents are just saying they need the "training" because they want to keep the free slave labor around. And then it gets into the parents thinking that if their daughters get a taste of freedom they won't be happy later being a SAHM... and will start limiting their future family size, or gasp! wait to get married... learn independence and stand up to their man... :shock: and maybe put their future kids in ebil school. Snowball down a hill. :lol:

How are they going to learn to be a housewife in a bus. Minimal cooking an cleaning. There is no room for a sewing machine. You can't bake on a bus.

In the 90s there was a TV show spin-off from "Touched by an Angel" that had a family being told by god to travel around the country and help people. It starred Gerald McRaney and even having Claudette Colbert as the grandma couldn't save it. I wonder if that's where they got their inspiration. Except it seems they don't actually help people, or even convert them (not my idea, but their idea, of helping people). They go to churches where the people already believe what they do and sing just like any number of families sing at those kinds of churches. Where's the "special?"

I hate that daughter's blog post. I'm so sick of blaming non-fundie women for supposedly leading the weak fundie boys into temptation. If you're that sick and perverted and weak that the sight of a female makes you compelled to do immoral (or illegal, because I think they blame rape victims for not dressing modestly and thus ensuring their fate) things, you belong on a bus with your mother and sisters and should never, ever be allowed off of it.

Is/was the whole living and traveling on a bus thing a fundie mini-trend? I have a friend that went fundie, then Faux Jew. She and her husband sold their house and all their possessions and bought an entertainer's bus in Nashville.

She and her husband, and their five kids under the age of 10 (home birth, home church, home- then un-school) lived and traveled on the bus for two years -- a smaller version of the Rodriguezeseses and these people. I also remember hearing that Rusty and Andrea Yates had planned to sell everything and travel and live on a bus before that tragedy happened.

My friend said, and I believe I heard it in relation to the Yateses also, that the idea was "to simplify your life." I asked my friend, "So you think living on a bus with a husband and five kids under the age of ten is going to simplify your life?" Yes, she said. No, I said. Guess which one of us was right?

:think:

"Simply your life" doesn't/shouldn't mean "just have no possessions." Or "don't allow your children to be involved in schools or interact with people outside the family."

Interesting that when this family went to one church they hooked up their bus to an electrical source-- who was paying for that electricity? Just that church? Did that church have its own generator, or was it hooked up to a public source of electricity, and paying less than others because as a church it has a different deal? Not shown--where did the family of 13 deposit its toilet waste? If somehow into a local sewer system, how to justify that the godless pay for the sewer system that allows your "lifestyle"?

Drink clean water? Where do you think that comes from? Some people with real jobs and real educations insure that cleanliness, and people with jobs and homes pay taxes to ensure it is there for everyone, including you assholes.

These people haven't simplified their lives. They've created an astoundingly sick environment for their children while grifting and at the same time come off as just so god/gosh darn good.

And anybody who buys a $25 t-shirt to support them is just too stupid to live.

I'm finally getting around to watching it. The kids say some really crazy flavor-ade type fundy stuff and I just heard the kids describe the old Duggar standard of "instant obedience". TLC sure loves their Fundy Families.

Archived