IGNORED

Bus full of singing, traveling Evangelicals

BrownieMomma

Saw this advertised on TLC during the Jill special

http://www.thewrap.com/tlc-rides-with-1 ... ive-video/

"Produced by Stiletto Television, the special follows the Allen Family, which consists of Todd and Michelle, their five sons, three daughters, one daughter-in-law and twin toddler grandkids, who perform around the country and live on a bus full-time."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this too. I hope it's one of those horrible traveling "white people gospel music" groups! I will be setting my DVR for that.

(Home Sweet Bus on after 19 Kids)

Right when you think it couldn't get worse than the Duggars. Do I even want to know how these peoples' son conceived those twins with his wife while living on a bus with his parents and siblings? And a child was delivered on that bus? HELL NO!! these people are mental.

I'm watching it right now, and this lifestyle sounds HORRIBLE to me. No personal space, seemingly very, very little time to get off the bus and have any alone time. Sounds like my personal idea of Hell.

And yeah, ew. I hadn't thought about them conceiving the twins on the bus, but now that I have? No, just NO.

When the mom said "Each kid a drawer and when it's full they have to throw something out." I wanted to scream. ONE DRAWER. Oh lucky them! They also have a cubby in their rv bed... these poor kids...

Bus full of singing Evangelicals? Is this the FRC bus, the Rodrigueses, The Maxwells back on tour, Miss Sparkles, or did xgaygreg and D2 finally get their xgaymobile? I really can't keep up around here.

sweet baby jeebus, this show has it all....fundie parents who met at bible college, giant family, no personal space, autonomy or thought, bible songs, a BUS they live on, obedience that is not instant and unquestioning is no obedience at all, courtship, pieces of your heart, daddy holds our heart, sex on a bus, purity coins around the neck, first kiss on wedding day, shilling schlock at conferences.....OMG just when you thought the Duggars and Maxhells were horrible.

I got claustrophobia when they started having kid #5 and icked out thinking how they had all those kids while riding around the bus.

Then the boy got married, the couple is living on the bus, and they have twins. Holy cow.

NO. JUST NO.

It was one big cluster fuck of a fundie spectacular. Why does the young couple with the twins participate? Their babies dont have a home. They dont have a bedroom. Thats not fair. The kids dont get to choose this.

I got claustrophobia when they started having kid #5 and icked out thinking how they had all those kids while riding around the bus.

Then the boy got married, the couple is living on the bus, and they have twins. Holy cow.

NO. JUST NO.

Agree!! If I was the daughter-in-law I would be pissed about this.

I didn't watch, but looked up more about this. Am I right in saying that there's a DIL who has twins with one of the sons, and they live on the bus? How the hell did that son convince a chick to move onto a bus with his 9(?) family members? So is this family going to keep marrying off their kids and adding more people and kids to the bus? When do they plan on maxing out the number of occupants? 50? Will they just buy another one to keep all of the kids from having a support network or privacy? WIll there eventually be a fleet of buses? Where does the married couple have sex? Do they trade off the master with mom and dad? :ew: :ew: :ew:

The poor married couple just like the Duggars didn't kiss until they married. I guess courtship rules must be followed at all times. At least their music is a bit better than the Duggars and Rodrigues.

Where does the married couple have sex? Do they trade off the master with mom and dad? :ew: :ew: :ew:

They bang in the bathroom while the bus barrels down the highway and everyone else innocently belts out "He Touched Me".

Omg I just can't. Living on a bus with that many people? Forever? As in no house ever? I'm getting claustrophobic just watching this. And having a young couple...with babies?! How does that even work?? I don't know if I want to know.

In some ways they seem a little more mature (is that the word I'm looking for?) than the Duggars but at least the Duggars get some outside exposure with their TLC paid trips.

They do sing really well I will give them that.

I'm with everybody - yick! At least half of those kids must have been conceived on that friggin bus. Including the grandbabies! The son and his wife sleep on the foldout couch and I did not see any walls. Double Yick! I believe I saw the daughter-in-law stuffing those babies under a bunk bed. Is that better or worse than a baby cage?

Anyway, there is no friggin way they are feeding 13 people - mostly teens and older - out of that tiny stove and convection oven everyday. The pots and pans were tiny!

Somewhere Jill Rodrigues is having a mental break. SOMEONE STOLE THEIR SHTICK, NOW THEY'LL NEVER BE FAMOUS :angry-steamingears:

I really hope the son and DiL don't actually live on the bus all the time and they only came back for the show.

Archived