IGNORED

Can we talk about the dixons...again

treemom

So our favorite formerly fundie, formerly fake Jews, illegal immigrants to Costa Rica who then abandoned it all after two weird failed courtships with one of the older daughters Jocelyn. Then some weird business happened where two of the daughters or maybe it was Jocelyn and Jacque were accused of sleeping with a married man.

So latest news, a semi recent profile picture of Jocelyn indicates that she may be pregnant. She is nosed ring and swears more than i do. And they are now living in the Michiana are of Indiana. Jocelyn says Mishawaka and Jacque has posted about living in St. Joseph county so obviously near Jocelyn.

The whole thing is bizarre, and I suspect Jocelyn is still as self righteous as ever and refuses to acknowledge her part in promoting patriarchy. Hopefully they are settled, mentally healthy and doing well.

I went to high school in Mishawaka, and many of the places Jacque has checked in are familiar haunts for me when I go back home to see my brother. Will be there in a few weeks for thanksgiving...doubt I would run into them, and wouldn't say anything if I did. But I can't be the only one who finds this family so incredibly bizarre with their constant changing of whatever it is they passionately believe at the moment, right?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the future I don't think I should post a half hour after taking a Benadryl...this appears to be nonsense now that I reread it. I have the shame.

Used to be one of the most talked about families on FJ until they randomly decided they were extreme atheists and flat out told everybody they did nothing wrong.

Used to be one of the most talked about families on FJ until they randomly decided they were extreme atheists and flat out told everybody they did nothing wrong.

Oh wow that is a huge shift!

Oh wow that is a huge shift!

Yeahhhh.....turns out they are self-righteous, arrogant shitheads even after leaving fundamentalism/faux-judaism. Guess that's just their personalities!

Fun fact, pretty sure Jocelyn is pregnant by the guy she stole away from his family (he was married with like 4 kids or something). Good luck Jocelyn, hopefully he doesn't do the same to you. :roll:

Jacque and Jocelyn are both the kind who go back and forth between posting publicly and privately. They post things to get attention then post how they hate people wanting to know things about them. And no, they never apologized for all the judgmental posts they used to make then totally changed their lifestyle. I'm so glad Amanda got away the first time. I hope she's rid if them again as much as she wants. So much drama that Jacque, Jocelyn, and Rachel cause then post the ole ' I hate drama' statements.

Jacque and Jocelyn are both the kind who go back and forth between posting publicly and privately. They post things to get attention then post how they hate people wanting to know things about them. And no, they never apologized for all the judgmental posts they used to make then totally changed their lifestyle. I'm so glad Amanda got away the first time. I hope she's rid if them again as much as she wants. So much drama that Jacque, Jocelyn, and Rachel cause then post the ole ' I hate drama' statements.

Is there a website for this family?

Okay thanks

I think Jacquie's was Walking Therein but haven't looked to see if it's still up. If it is, I'm sure all the old posts are probably gone. Can't remember what Jocelyn's or Rachel's were called. Their on FB but not too much public posts. They go back and forth on public-private.

I think Jacquie's was Walking Therein but haven't looked to see if it's still up. If it is, I'm sure all the old posts are probably gone. Can't remember what Jocelyn's or Rachel's were called. Their on FB but not too much public posts. They go back and forth on public-private.

It's bugging me that I put 'their' instead of 'they're' but it's not letting me edit.

Is this the family with tons of kids and they just all happen to change religions at the same time, and then supposedly all felt compelled to turn Jewish and a local Jewish temple raised tons of money to help them buy everything they needed for conversion?

No, I know who you mean but that wasn't the DIxons. This is the family that adopted a particularly unique flavour or 'Messianic Judaism', moved to Costa Rica to escape the tribulation/Obama/whatever and found themselves having to feed their eleventy children on coconut water and fruit when the money ran out. All while promoting their lifestyle as the highest form of true and superior Christianity (except not calling it that because ppl who use that label are judgmental and unenlightened). And shunning their eldest daughter when she decided to stand up to her mother and refuse to move to Costa Rica.

Jocelyn edited a fairly popular online newsletter aimed at fundie girls and young women espousing the virtues of purity, courtship and living the sterotypical feminine fundie existence. Oh, and raw food, when the money ran out and the family ran out of cash.

She was engaged twice, both times it was to men who she and her family barely knew. I believe both of the men posted here a few times. I believe even Jocelyn has posted here.

This is a perfect example of fundamentalism being a mindset, rather than a set of specific beliefs.

Yeahhhh.....turns out they are self-righteous, arrogant shitheads even after leaving fundamentalism/faux-judaism. Guess that's just their personalities!

Fun fact, pretty sure Jocelyn is pregnant by the guy she stole away from his family (he was married with like 4 kids or something). Good luck Jocelyn, hopefully he doesn't do the same to you. :roll:

That's who the father is talk about the ultimate stab in the back. I don't know how Jocelyn really thinks this is going to play out well because she is his mistress and having a baby doesn't change the fact that he's still legally married and has his other kids. I honestly don't think they will ever grasp the amount of damage they caused a lot of families especially ones who followed them down to Costa Rica. They promoted Costa Rica as this holy place and then high tailed it back to the United States when shit went south and act like people have the nerve to question them. It's crazy how their blogging presence online had so much power that you had Americans leaving good jobs and stability in the United States for some faux Jew nuttiness in Costa Rica.

Whoa, little sister Rachel seems to have gone off the rails alongside her sister - now wearing a ton of makeup and has short, blue hair. (This is of course perfectly normal behavior but not at *all* how they were on their blogs back in the day!)

That's who the father is talk about the ultimate stab in the back. I don't know how Jocelyn really thinks this is going to play out well because she is his mistress and having a baby doesn't change the fact that he's still legally married and has his other kids. I honestly don't think they will ever grasp the amount of damage they caused a lot of families especially ones who followed them down to Costa Rica. They promoted Costa Rica as this holy place and then high tailed it back to the United States when shit went south and act like people have the nerve to question them. It's crazy how their blogging presence online had so much power that you had Americans leaving good jobs and stability in the United States for some faux Jew nuttiness in Costa Rica.

Yep! That is the core of this evilness, that they PERSUADED and MANIPULATED people into giving up their whole lives - selling their (extremely nice, some looking like million dollar) homes, all their stuff, upheaving everything they know - to move to Costa Rica. Then after, what? 2 years? They leave and deny everything they did, even LAUGHING at these people who followed their beliefs and/or moved to Costa Rica, saying people should be smarter and they didn't do anything wrong, they didn't promote patriarchy, like the last 5 years never happened. Unbelievable. Not to mention all the other stuff they did. It's HORRIBLE.

This family is a train wreck.

Whoa, little sister Rachel seems to have gone off the rails alongside her sister - now wearing a ton of makeup and has short, blue hair. (This is of course perfectly normal behavior but not at *all* how they were on their blogs back in the day!)

You don't even realize how off the rails she has become, trust me.

Which one hooked up with her sister's then husband, Isaiah? Whichever one it was posted a bunch of pics of jewelry he gave her and other gifts. This entire family turns everything about humanity upside down.

Which one hooked up with her sister's then husband, Isaiah? Whichever one it was posted a bunch of pics of jewelry he gave her and other gifts. This entire family turns everything about humanity upside down.

Wasn't that Rachel?

It makes me sick to think that someone's own sister would stoop that low especially with your ex husband. It's like do they lack a moral compass of human decency especially with their own family members.

Archived