IGNORED

Don't Do Dinner at the Duggars

N The Prayer Closet

So I just finished reading Growing Up Duggar. I want those 2-3 hours of my life back. For those of you that haven't read it, just imagine every preachy sentence Jill has ever uttered crammed into 231 pages. Now you don't have to waste time reading it. You're welcome.

Oh, I also didn't buy it. I got it from the library.

Anyway, in the final pages the girls (Jill) talk about their parents training them on manners and on how to be respectful toward adults . They talk about how they all work as a team to clean up the house and prepare meals before they have one of their many dinner guests to the house. They write:

"Many times our parents have guests over and then ask

if it would be okay if we watch one of Jim Sammons's Financial

Freedom Seminar messages together from embassyinstitute.org

and then discuss it afterward."

Say what?! So basically they feed them TTC and Jessa's burnt rolls on styrofoam plates with a plastic fork. Then they trap them into their financial and religious beliefs. I guess it still beats the time they made Sarah Pope cook her own tater tot casserole. So much for manners.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh sweet jeebus, indoctrination 24/7. and not even guests are immune! dear gods, i would probably snap.

I don't eat off paper or foam plates on picnics (I have plastic plates in my picnic basket) I'm not about to eat off them for a real meal - if you can call tater tot casserole a real meal.

It just shows you how rude and ignorant they are.

You can have disposable plates for a BBQ and parties, but for dinner guests?

Anyway, in the final pages the girls (Jill) talk about their parents training them on manners and on how to be respectful toward adults . They talk about how they all work as a team to clean up the house and prepare meals before they have one of their many dinner guests to the house. They write:

Say what?! So basically they feed them TTC and Jessa's burnt rolls on styrofoam plates with a plastic fork. Then they trap them into their financial and religious beliefs. I guess it still beats the time they made Sarah Pope cook her own tater tot casserole. So much for manners.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they had some guests who would get into the "discussion" and would bring up some different view points? I bet the "discussion" would be over pretty soon. But maybe the kids would have a small chance to hear that not everyone agrees with Gothard and the ATI doctrine.

Duggars, please invite me over! I have been wanting to watch this for years, just to see what the big deal is. But I'm not spending $100 on it! Well, I might if it was just THAT GOOD (ie. something I can't already get from my copies of "The Complete Tightwad Gazette" and Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover) and the money wasn't going to ATI...

Edited to add a couple missing words.

I wouldn't eat from these people ever

Well, there are probably worse places to eat, although the food probably wouldn't be nice or healthy. However, if I'm invited somewhere, I always extend a return intivation. But I'm not sure, if I would ever want Boob and J'Chelle inside my house. But I would love to cook only for some of the girls, so they wouldn't have to do the work for once. And it's not like I could fit the whole family into my home anyways.

I don't eat off paper or foam plates on picnics (I have plastic plates in my picnic basket) I'm not about to eat off them for a real meal - if you can call tater tot casserole a real meal.

How are plastic plates better? Serious question.

So I just finished reading Growing Up Duggar. I want those 2-3 hours of my life back. For those of you that haven't read it, just imagine every preachy sentence Jill has ever uttered crammed into 231 pages. Now you don't have to waste time reading it. You're welcome.

This sounds like the worst evening ever and I've been to dodgy timeshare meetings and once an afternoon at a really pathetic aura reading. My condolences for your lost time, I read the book too and was completely underwhelmed and bored.

That is some messed up shit.

:o have no more words. Just - wth

Good grief. These people are whores and I'm constantly baffled by those who still refuse to see it.

Where do they watch these videos? Have they upgraded from that itty-bitty tv (the one Joy covered with her hands so the howlers wouldn't see any knees of women in the Today Show audience) they showed us or do they pile everyone into the back of the bus?

I wouldn't eat from these people ever

Me neither. Processed glop on Styrofoam aside, they HAVE to find long hairs in their food on a semi-regular basis. I know this has been discussed to death, but I cringe in every single episode seeing all that loose hair dangling above the mixing bowls and pans. The howlers probably don't even realize that salad isn't supposed to be stringy!

Good grief. These people are whores and I'm constantly baffled by those who still refuse to see it.

Where do they watch these videos? Have they upgraded from that itty-bitty tv (the one Joy covered with her hands so the howlers wouldn't see any knees of women in the Today Show audience) they showed us or do they pile everyone into the back of the bus?

Me neither. Processed glop on Styrofoam aside, they HAVE to find long hairs in their food on a semi-regular basis. I know this has been discussed to death, but I cringe in every single episode seeing all that loose hair dangling above the mixing bowls and pans. The howlers probably don't even realize that salad isn't supposed to be stringy!

They have a projector screen

post-10046-144519995877_thumb.jpg

eta: i totally agree aobut the hair situation :lol: i have long hair too and i can't stand to cook with it down. I've seen Jessa and Jill with theirs up, so i bet they don't have their hair down on non-filming days.

How are plastic plates better? Serious question.

I'm guessing that thy aren't single use so not as bad for enviro.

They've moved up in the world! Though I'm sure guests wish they still had to make do with a 12" tv; easier to ignore that than a gigantic screen!

Well, there are probably worse places to eat, although the food probably wouldn't be nice or healthy. However, if I'm invited somewhere, I always extend a return intivation. But I'm not sure, if I would ever want Boob and J'Chelle inside my house. But I would love to cook only for some of the girls, so they wouldn't have to do the work for once. And it's not like I could fit the whole family into my home anyways.

Feeding an ungrateful family of 21 who has no manners or consideration for others. And probably would complain about the food being served at my house. Nope never. You would think they would show some respect not the duggars.

they're too lazy to get real plates

They have that industrial washer that she bragged on in one of the first specials. They could use plates and put them through there. I think it washes in like 5 minutes. They are just to lazy to use regular dishes.

They have that industrial washer that she bragged on in one of the first specials. They could use plates and put them through there. I think it washes in like 5 minutes. They are just to lazy to use regular dishes.

Yeah - I worked in the kitchen in high school and would throw the dirty plates in this spinning dishwasher, few minutes later clean and would hand out scalding hot plates to people at the window. We washed many loads within one lunch period.

What is the point of having an industrial kitchen when everything they eat is pre-made and use paper plates? We always had at least 14-18 people per night for dinner at our house and we never used paper plates or plastic utensils. We did eat a lot of processed foods (fish sticks, breaded meat patties) but also a ton of fresh fruits and vegetables.

I know that cooking for a crowd is a lot of work, but they have many hands to help make it a bit easier.

I just had flashbacks to when my ex-bf (in college) started doing Amway and started having "opportunity gatherings" where he would invite a bunch of people over and "show the business". He started getting really controlling around then, and started ascribing to the gender rules - they were notoriously very sexist (I could write a long, long post about those experiences, but I won't do it here).

I ended up getting out of that relationship bc of his behavior and also bc I was sick of trying to trick friends and family into watching a pitch.

I would be pissed if I was invited to someone's home under the pretense of a social gathering, and end up having to sit through a freaking scam presentation. UGH.

I do find it strange how often people bring them meals. Does this happen this often with non-fundie families? The only time I remember this happening when I was a kid was when someone had just passed away.

Archived