IGNORED

Renee Zellwegger's new face

RandomTrivia

Because I still can't figure out how to post pictures - there's a comparison pair

Renee's new face

Renee Zellwegger apparently had plastic surgery, and if that's really her on the left, I wouldn't recognize her at all. The part that worries me is that I can't figure out what's different. The new face doesn't look bad, it just looks like a totally different person. But the nose looks the same, chin looks the same, cheeks look about the same, etc. What am I missing?

I am missing it too; I wouldn't have recognized her, but her face doesn't look overtly "worked on". There was more roundness to her face before, but to me it looks like she's entered the witness-protection program -a totally different person.

her eyes don't have that hooded appearance, i think, and that can really change a person's look. plus i think she must have had some sort of injections, like botox, to help with wrinkles. also, and this may be the lip makeup choice, but her lips look a little different. if she didn't choose a nude lip that gives her no definition, then maybe she'd look a little more herself. but with no definition on her lips, it definitely doesn't help her.

looking at the side-by-side, the apples of her cheeks look fuller and the rest look thinner. i'm not sure if that's age, weight loss, or cosmetic tinkering, but again, it doesn't help. and i think all the little things add up and make a dramatic difference.

I think this is a lot of hub-bub over nothing, TBH. I wouldn't be surprised if she had minor work done (think Botox), but she doesn't look like a new person to me. I think she just looks different to people because her hair is different and because she is tanner. Maybe she's lost or gained weight too.

Maybe she's had a facelift. I dunno. But I think she is certainly still recognizable as herself.

Her eye brows also look like they are lower on her face.

Does anyone remember this magazine cover from a few years ago. I don't know if she had the work done then or this was photoshop or a bit of both.

4.bp.blogspot.com/-d8-e4vgMQis/T4I2ZLD3BnI/AAAAAAAAcCM/aJU5kc6FcgQ/s1600/renee.jpg

I think she likes her new looks, though I will miss her ethereal beauty.

I think this is a lot of hub-bub over nothing, TBH. I wouldn't be surprised if she had minor work done (think Botox), but she doesn't look like a new person to me. I think she just looks different to people because her hair is different and because she is tanner. Maybe she's lost or gained weight too.

Maybe she's had a facelift. I dunno. But I think she is certainly still recognizable as herself.

Now I find that interesting. There is no way I would of thought she was the same person. Not any more or less attractive, but an entirely different individual. But like others have said, except for the eyes it's really hard to pinpoint. Just think it's fascinating that a few people still recognize her...while many do not .I wonder what the difference is?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
sorry for the ramble, this had already been something I was curious about. My husband usually has a goatee. He occasionally shaves it off and it freaks out everyone because for some reason he literally looks like a completely different person. It makes no sense at all. Every other man I know may look slightly different with/ without facial hair -- but not to the point people don't know who they are. So strange.

And I was going through my dad's childhood photos, and apparently he is one of those people who looks completely different depending on which side of their face you are looking at.

Sorry, just find it an interesting subject.

Now I find that interesting. There is no way I would of thought she was the same person. Not any more or less attractive, but an entirely different individual. But like others have said, except for the eyes it's really hard to pinpoint. Just think it's fascinating that a few people still recognize her...while many do not .I wonder what the difference is?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
sorry for the ramble, this had already been something I was curious about. My husband usually has a goatee. He occasionally shaves it off and it freaks out everyone because for some reason he literally looks like a completely different person. It makes no sense at all. Every other man I know may look slightly different with/ without facial hair -- but not to the point people don't know who they are. So strange.

And I was going through my dad's childhood photos, and apparently he is one of those people who looks completely different depending on which side of their face you are looking at.

Sorry, just find it an interesting subject.

So, just skimming through her new photos, I may not have recognized her (I first saw her new photos in the context of "LOOK AT THIS," so I can't say if I would have or not for sure). But I'm not a Renee Zellweger fan in general (nothing against her, though), and I tend to have pretty poor facial recognition abilities. The same thing would likely happen with other stars I haven't seen regularly for a while with photos taken at a different angle or with changes like hair/tanning.

But, yeah, my poor facial recognition ability in general may be partly at play here.

I saw those pictures and I did not recognize her as the same person. I always thought she was really cute but this looks like a totally different person.

Reminds me of that girl from Flash Dance who did her nose and became unrecognizable.

She kind of looks like Robin Wright now, oddly enough. I don't think she's had a ton of work done (mostly around her eyes, from the looks of it), but her eyes have been such a distinctive part of her image that everyone's freaking out.

I've also heard that women with her specific eye shape often have trouble with drooping and such when they get older, which can interfere with vision and might not be the look the person wants. So surgeries for this are quite common.

I think most people picture Renee Zellwegger as Bridget Jones, so when they see her not looking like Bridget Jones it's a real shock.

I've also heard that women with her specific eye shape often have trouble with drooping and such when they get older, which can interfere with vision and might not be the look the person wants. So surgeries for this are quite common.

my dad had this surgery because he had pretty badly hooded eyes. i also have hooded eyes and may have to have it done sometime.

i don't think her makeup is really doing her any favours. one of her most distinct features is her lips, but that nude shade isn't defining them and kind of washes them out. if she had another lip color that defined her signature pout just a little better, i don't think she would look as different.

I definitely see a difference in her eyes and jaw area. I don't think she looks bad- just very different. Her face looks super shiny and even her hairline looks different.

But I do have to laugh at her saying that she just changed her diet and workout routine. It's pretty obvious that she changed more than switching to organic.

Her jawline is much narrower. Is there a surgery for shaving the jawbone to do that? She's also had her eyelids done and I suspect a few other things. Whoever did the work is really good, but she's nuts if she thinks anyone is going to believe she hasn't had work done. Maybe if she'd just had a couple very small things done, but she seriously looks like a completely different person at first glance. If you look really carefully you can see some similarities between what she used to look like and what she looks like now.

Her jawline is much narrower. Is there a surgery for shaving the jawbone to do that? She's also had her eyelids done and I suspect a few other things. Whoever did the work is really good, but she's nuts if she thinks anyone is going to believe she hasn't had work done. Maybe if she'd just had a couple very small things done, but she seriously looks like a completely different person at first glance. If you look really carefully you can see some similarities between what she used to look like and what she looks like now.

yup. just like smart phone apps, there's a surgery for that.

honestly, her work isn't bad. and each little procedure she's had done isn't in itself obvious. but the little things all add up to make a bigger difference.

i'm still curious to see what she looks like with a better-defined lip. to me, her pouty lips were her most prominent, unique feature. if she would wear better-defining makeup, i wonder if that would help.

I think it's just a combination of aging, not being in the public eye for about 5 years, and weight loss. Plus, she used to have a team of makeup artists following her around. Her eyebrows are lighter and less defined. I think that is a huge difference.

If she has had work, good for her. No one would bitch about repairing other physical effects of age, so why shouldn't people try to repair the cosmetic aspects as well?

She used a very seamless plastic surgeon that's for sure. Some silly worker might leak the records or something one day...

I think it's just a combination of aging, not being in the public eye for about 5 years, and weight loss. Plus, she used to have a team of makeup artists following her around. Her eyebrows are lighter and less defined. I think that is a huge difference.

The "before" pic is from only 3 years ago exactly, so I don't think aging is a major part of the answer. She definitely needs an eyebrow plucking...currently LOTS of strays below the brow that need to go, which is why her eyebrows look lower, plus, as someone pointed out, no eyebrow-defining makeup on. I also agree that nude lip is just not doing her any favors.

I would not argue that she has not had her eyes worked on.

I think she lost some weight. (Maybe she's running regularly now or something?) And so then maybe she got some cheek filler...I have read that celebs get sold on that because as you age, you lose some face padding and adding some back makes you "look more youthful again." Except that the fake stuff never lies the same way as the original cheeks did. If she lost weight, she might have had some cheek fillers done to try to get her trademark chipmunk cheeks back.

Her eyes are completely different and no, I would never have recognized who this was from the photo. I think it is a mistake for an actress to change so drastically. I don't think Jennifer Grey got much work after becoming totally unrecognizable with her nose job.

What I don't understand is why hide it and deny it? Getting plastic surgery is so common in that profession, who would care?

Archived