IGNORED

Seeking recommendations from West Wing fans

Convicted Blossom

We are totally over broadcast television, we don't have pay TV (cable) and here in Australia we don't have Netflix etc. We've been watching the seven seasons of The West Wing -- an episode four or five nights a week for months -- on DVD and we've loved it. We did "All Creatures Great and Small" last year and "Yes Minister/Prime Minister". We are getting toward the end of season 7 of The West Wing -- any recommendations from fans of that? I've been thinking about "The Newsroom" but would love your recommendations.

Thanks.

If you like political shows, get thee to House of Cards. Seriously. It's like a dark version of the West Wing, and Spacey and Wright burn up the screen.

For a lighter series, try the Danish Borgen, about a (fictional) first female prime minister. Interestingly enough, the real first female prime minister was elected during the run of the series.

The Newsroom is AMAZING. Aaron Sorkin at his finest.

i was coming here to make this very same suggestion. we were hooked within the first five minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

What did you think of the episode "Han" with the pianist from North Korea? I really liked that one, but it was so sad!

Archived