IGNORED

So who is going to the Wedding

nst

TLC wouldn't foot my bill for the flight, so unfortuantely I will not be in attendance this weekend. :lol:

Well, poo...

I told them that I was going to be busy making a dryer lint map of the US that day, but they have my best wishes. :P

JD and his asinine friends/brothers will trash the getaway truck, and Jessa will pitch a fit about it (as would I).

What is our honeymoon destination prediction? I'll say a Gulf Coast beach.

I have to help take down the ebil "haunted house" attraction near our house. Told 'em I couldn't come, because after that, I'll be celebrating Dia de los Muertos... HOLA, Jim Bob!

Nope, got volleyball playoffs for my daughter. Besides, if I wanted appetizers and ice cream, I can hit my own freezer. And Jim Bob getting to say, you may kiss the bride is just really creepy.

I totally read this question wrong lol. I would never attend a Duggar wedding ever. Just for Jim Bob to say how both the man and woman more like two kids kept themselves pure and will now have wild amazing sex in two minutes. Gross. The food sucks, the colors probably sucks, JB and Michelle Sucks, and the whole wedding will suck.

Yeah, I'd probably barf down the back of the person in front of me when Jim Bob announces, "you may now kiss the bride", indicating that his "headship" over her has been shifted. Notice I didn't say "removed." Jim Bob never gives anything completely away.

Nope, got volleyball playoffs for my daughter. Besides, if I wanted appetizers and ice cream, I can hit my own freezer. And Jim Bob getting to say, you may kiss the bride is just really creepy.

I cannot believe this thought even enter my mind. Does anyone think that JB gets excited about the first kiss as the bride and groom do?

You know, I think he might... thinking of how big the quiver is getting, and how full of arrows it is... (oh, geez. I just gagged myself.)

It will be interesting to see what lovely outfit DQ will wear this time... It's not humanly possible to do any worse than last time as she was the mother of the bride!

You know, it shouldn't really be JB walking his daughter down the isle, it should be Daddy Seewald walking down Bin, because that's how it really is - they transferred his authority from Daddy S. to JB a long time ago.

I'm sure the Roving Rodrigues family has already pulled into Tontitown looking for a Pot-Blessing dinner.

OMG, do we think ALL next season will be All About The Lead Up To Jessa's Wedding, just like this season was all about Jill's? :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

I am glad that we've heard nothing about Jessa's wedding. Both the Duggars and TLC can skip over telling us anything about it beyond showing a nice picture, IMO (and People will have already done that one too). I hope there will not be an entire season devoted to another impeding wedding that has already long since passed. TLC blew it with Jill's season. They can save us the torture of Jessa's special session.

OTOH, the Roloff's and TLC hit it out of the park with their approach!

They really did film the Roloff (Jeremy's?) wedding better than Jill's. Jill's felt so scripted and drawn out. Very impersonal, even when Jill is one of the more open of the Duggar kids. Jeremy's felt a lot more personal and real - which is saying a lot coming from me, because I usually find their family almost unwatchable. It almost hurts me to say this, but I think I actually find the Roloff parents' bickering worse than Michelle's whisper voice. The Roloff parents act like teenagers and sometimes I just want to reach through the TV and smack them. Their children seem to be doing OK, though I guess it's hard to tell from the TV editing.

OT but I'm still suspicious that the separation on that show is all fake because their ratings were hurting. Also, Amy seems like she has a drink in her hand 24/7. She seemed drunk on half the wedding prep footage.

Back to topic...I really don't understand why they've gone so over the top with the editing and cuts on 19 kids. They are filming 24/7 it seems, so they obviously have enough material. It feels like little blurbs of script one after another instead of actual conversation or natural plotlines.

The only thing more awkward than watching Ben and Jessa pretend to court would be watching John David trying to be romantic.

I read this and was immediately reminded of Uncle Fester trying to impress the evil nanny who he had fallen in love with in "Addams Family Values".

I wonder if the Maxwells went to the wedding. I recall discussing this before. They had no posts or conventions around the time of the wedding.

I read this and was immediately reminded of Uncle Fester trying to impress the evil nanny who he had fallen in love with in "Addams Family Values".

You mean like this?

It will be interesting to see what lovely outfit DQ will wear this time... It's not humanly possible to do any worse than last time as she was the mother of the bride!

You know, it shouldn't really be JB walking his daughter down the isle, it should be Daddy Seewald walking down Bin, because that's how it really is - they transferred his authority from Daddy S. to JB a long time ago.

Anyone else think Michelle will trot out that same gray dress for every wedding from now on?

Kelly Bates just posted in a comment yesterday that the Bates are going, but if Whit doesn't go into labor soon, she will stay behind with her.

I predict that Michelle will yet again wear a dress that she's jacked up with a modesty panel. I really think these fundies prefer to buy "immodest" clothes and do half-assed alterations so everyone can see "how hard they work to be modest"--rather than simply going to a Mormon or Othodox Jewish bridal store and buying a dress that is modest to begin with.

Oh DARN, I have papers to work on. I'll have to stay home and do that and hang out with the cats and not wear real pants. TERRIBLE.

Archived