IGNORED

Any Fans of Q host Jian Ghomeshi?

tropaka

Yeah. FYI, I'm a Crown Prosecutor, and multiple sex assaults cases of horrible sexual harassment against prosecutors have been covered up by management. There's an internalized culture of hypocritical misogyny that leaves female Crowns horribly embittered (and vulnerable).

That said, our sex assault law is a lot more pro-complainant than a lot of jurisdictions; and in Ontario at least, MAG is pretty open to doing appeals where the judge says something blatantly misogynist (i.e. no conviction where no penetration...wtf???).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. FYI, I'm a Crown Prosecutor, and multiple sex assaults cases of horrible sexual harassment against prosecutors have been covered up by management. There's an internalized culture of hypocritical misogyny that leaves female Crowns horribly embittered (and vulnerable).

That said, our sex assault law is a lot more pro-complainant than a lot of jurisdictions; and in Ontario at least, MAG is pretty open to doing appeals where the judge says something blatantly misogynist (i.e. no conviction where no penetration...wtf???).

It's not much better at Legal Aid as a lawyer in my sister's experience either. Even with a female boss.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived