IGNORED

In Which Robert Lurves "The Homeless"

lawfulevil

:lol:

Robert's response to the comment about the grandparents in Cape Town, South Africa:

:lol:

Cape Town has a population of over 3.5 million. Perhaps this old couple lives in the suburbs or a more rural area, but Cape Town, South Africa not the Saharan wilderness. Yes, the food could "quite literally could be the difference between life and death" just like it could be the difference between life and death in NYC, Moscow, Dubai, or any city. But certain things in this post (the emphasis on life and death and the comment about being a reminder for those of us in the West) make me think he's picturing this couple not as people struggling to live in an urban area but as the stereotypical "Africans" living in a hut with no access to clean water.

Africa (even specifically South Africa) is not a monolith, dude.

I gave a major side-eye to this. I consider South African culture--and more specifically, white South African culture, to be extremely westernized. Because, you know, white South Africans were originally from the west. But what do I know?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Robert's misuse of "husbandry" not only gave me a laugh, it reminded me of the introduction to Tom Lehrer's In Old Mexico, in which, discussing Dr. Samuel Gall (the inventor of the gall bladder! :lol: ), Lehrer says,"His educational career began, interestingly enough, in agricultural school, where he majored in animal husbandry until they caught him at it one day."

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Robert's misuse of "husbandry" not only gave me a laugh, it reminded me of the introduction to Tom Lehrer's In Old Mexico, in which, discussing Dr. Samuel Gall (the inventor of the gall bladder! :lol: ), Lehrer says,"His educational career began, interestingly enough, in agricultural school, where he majored in animal husbandry until they caught him at it one day."

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I just love Tom Lehrer. Actually, the FJ/Cabinetman romance reminds me of a little ditty Lehrer wrote, Bob should look it up sometime.

Bash in my brain,

And make me scream with pain,

Then kick me once again,

And say we'll never part.

One presumes Ken orbits a bit further out these days because if you're married to Lori, you hardly need search for someone to verbally abuse you.

"Husbandry", huh. Your private Bible university didn't teach about dictionaries, Robbie? That's adorable. It's okay, maybe they didn't cover dictionaries until 200-level courses. Well, here:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/de ... /husbandry

Isn't that something? Bless your heart. You learn something every day!

Now, I think I know the word you were looking for. You wanted to describe being a good husband, right? Great. The word is "partner".

I know, I know, but you didn't mean it that way. You meant husbandry as a synonym for Biblical headship. And I suppose that could be an accurate interpretation of the word, you DO treat your wife like a farm animal...

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Please, God, don't let that idiot find out about thesauruses...

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I just love Tom Lehrer. Actually, the FJ/Cabinetman romance reminds me of a little ditty Lehrer wrote, Bob should look it up sometime.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Ah, yes -- the Masochism Tango -- just made for CM's inability to give us up (not to mention Lorken's whole marriage).

[bBvideo 560,340:1m88doea]

[/bBvideo]

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I've said before that he reminds me of my ex. My ex definitely had/has some undiagnosed mental issue. He was a pretty manipulative jerk, but it was his excessive lies about random stuff that really convinced me he was an asshole with mental problems and not just an asshole. I suspect my ex has NPD, FWIW. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Robert has.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
This wouldn't surprise me either. Robert is practically the poster boy for narcissistic tendencies. Amanda is the real puzzle to me. Does she not see her husband the way he really is? Has she been conditioned not to or does she need a strong figure to believe in so she chooses not to? And what happens when her eyes are opened? All disturbing questions!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
What happens when she notices he's a psychopath? He stuffs her in a storage shed again until Stockholm syndrome sets back in.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
What happens when she notices he's a psychopath? He stuffs her in a storage shed again until Stockholm syndrome sets back in.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Did Robert actually say he locked Amanda in a shed or did he give her an ultimatum and she went there voluntarily? That was my impression, however, it's been mentioned on FJ several times that she was locked in the shed. Don't get me wrong. An ultimatum and making her feel as if she had no choice is heinous enough. Being forcibly locked in a shed would be criminal.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Thanks to GeoBQN and usmcmom, who originally posted these quotes (Lori's blog has been scrubbed):

There have been times where I have disciplined her by not allowing her to go out with the gals, not spending money on items except necessary food and clothing for the family, not attending women's bible study {believe it or not...unless you have the right church anymore some can push women further way from their husbands than closer to them}, there was even a few times she had to sleep on the couch, a couple times I made her sleep in the cabin on our property when she was downright in complete anarchy against our marriage, family and God's Word. She's had to clean the house as a punishment.

Sounds like he forced her, doesn't it?

As far as going to the cabin, leaving the house and marriage was not something she was against and pushed for every chance she got. But usually she was in no condition to drive or make decisions and for her own safety I took her keys. The cabin is several hundred yards away and was a solution that worked a few times, although usually by the end of the night and several telephone calls she would slip back into the home late at night and sleep with me after apolagizing.

So that sort of sounds better... until we break it down. Amanda wanted to leave the home and the marriage. She pushed for it every chance she got. The woman Wanted A Motherfucking Divorce. But Robert wasn't having it, so he declared her crazy. I mean, anyone wanting to divorce a fine specimen of manhood like himself is CLEARLY out of control and crazy. So he admits he's got her money and her car keys, he admits he's convinced her family she's crazy, and we know she's in the middle of nowhere. Meanwhile Robert is twice her size and we KNOW he has impulse control issues. Yes he fucking locked her in! Or why would she be telephoning him instead of walking the "couple hundred yards" back and talking to him in person? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and it doesn't fit the profile at all. Him leaving her a phone and making her beg absolutely DOES fit, though. She's completely at his mercy, all she can do is call and hope he picks up (which he won't, on purpose, at least some of the time- control), then hope she can say the magic words.

So those of you who haven't been abused are probably wondering why was she calling him begging him to forgive her (and let her out), and then crawling in the marital bed apparently contrite instead of bailing the second she had her keys back and he went to sleep. Regrettably, for the same reason people can be held hostage for YEARS within a hundred yards of multiple neighbors. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17464728

I keep pushing Lundy Bancroft's work here when talking about Robert and Amanda because I think it is very important to keep reiterating that this is NOT normal behavior and where to find more information. It may never help Amanda, but it might help someone else. Anyone whose relationship looks anything like theirs, PLEASE read: http://www.the-ripple-effect.info/pdf/i ... yabuse.pdf

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

One presumes Ken orbits a bit further out these days because if you're married to Lori, you hardly need search for someone to verbally abuse you.

"Husbandry", huh. Your private Bible university didn't teach about dictionaries, Robbie? That's adorable. It's okay, maybe they didn't cover dictionaries until 200-level courses. Well, here:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/de ... /husbandry

Isn't that something? Bless your heart. You learn something every day!

Now, I think I know the word you were looking for. You wanted to describe being a good husband, right? Great. The word is "partner".

I know, I know, but you didn't mean it that way. You meant husbandry as a synonym for Biblical headship. And I suppose that could be an accurate interpretation of the word, you DO treat your wife like a farm animal...

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Please, God, don't let that idiot find out about thesauruses...

I think the word he was looking for was "stewardship".

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Thanks to GeoBQN and usmcmom, who originally posted these quotes (Lori's blog has been scrubbed):

Sounds like he forced her, doesn't it?

So that sort of sounds better... until we break it down. Amanda wanted to leave the home and the marriage. She pushed for it every chance she got. The woman Wanted A Motherfucking Divorce. But Robert wasn't having it, so he declared her crazy. I mean, anyone wanting to divorce a fine specimen of manhood like himself is CLEARLY out of control and crazy. So he admits he's got her money and her car keys, he admits he's convinced her family she's crazy, and we know she's in the middle of nowhere. Meanwhile Robert is twice her size and we KNOW he has impulse control issues. Yes he fucking locked her in! Or why would she be telephoning him instead of walking the "couple hundred yards" back and talking to him in person? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and it doesn't fit the profile at all. Him leaving her a phone and making her beg absolutely DOES fit, though. She's completely at his mercy, all she can do is call and hope he picks up (which he won't, on purpose, at least some of the time- control), then hope she can say the magic words.

So those of you who haven't been abused are probably wondering why was she calling him begging him to forgive her (and let her out), and then crawling in the marital bed apparently contrite instead of bailing the second she had her keys back and he went to sleep. Regrettably, for the same reason people can be held hostage for YEARS within a hundred yards of multiple neighbors. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17464728

I keep pushing Lundy Bancroft's work here when talking about Robert and Amanda because I think it is very important to keep reiterating that this is NOT normal behavior and where to find more information. It may never help Amanda, but it might help someone else. Anyone whose relationship looks anything like theirs, PLEASE read: http://www.the-ripple-effect.info/pdf/i ... yabuse.pdf

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
The first paragraph does sound like force was involved, I'll grant you that. The waters are further muddied by Robert's almost constant exaggerations lies due to almost constant bragging which feeds into his rampant narcissism. It makes me question if he even knows what the truth is. (As an aside, there was a man who used to work at my husband's place of employment. This man lied all the time and everyone knew it. He also bragged one day that he had hired someone to kill his wife -- except that he didn't because he was a lying liar who lied all the time. Everyone at work knew he was lying, however, the police found out about this "hit" and they arrested him. He even served time for this lie! I can picture a similar scenario happening to CM, can't you? Tripped up by his lies.)

It does seem clear to me that at one point, Amanda wanted a divorce and Robert tried to prevent that by not allowing her to leave their property. What I don't understand is, why did he then threaten to divorce her if she didn't promise to obey and put out enthusiastically on a regular basis? Why didn't it penetrate Amanda's brain that he was contradicting himself? Then again, perhaps she was so confused by that point that she wasn't thinking clearly. Maybe he threatened to take their children.

Re: being locked in the shed, that still doesn't seem totally clear to me. Yes, he allowed her to take her cell phone with her to the shed and there were several conversations throughout the night until she would "slip back" into the house. I'm wondering if the shed wasn't locked but perhaps the house WAS until Robert unlocked it. Perhaps she was locked out of the house until she was repentant enough. Of course, having no keys (to drive away, to unlock the doors to the house) would ensure that she stay in the shed until she was sufficiently apologetic. In such a rural location, she'd have nowhere else to go.

What a disgusting specimen of manhood this jerk is. I keep thinking back to that video on his blog that is supposed to show what a warm and wonderful husband and father he is. In it, his kids seem to adore him and he seems to have a close relationship with them (especially with his son). What struck me was when he was reading the birthday wishes. Amanda's was warm and loving -- basically gushing. After reading it, Robert didn't even look at her. He just went on to read the next page. If that was my husband, he would have paused, looked at me and blew me a kiss. At the very least, he would have smiled at me. I just thought Robert's reaction was odd. Then again, he is very odd. Oh, and I dearly wish he'd learn to spell apologize and apologizing!

So I had this moment of weakness where I just started to feel the tiniest bit sorry for Cabinetman. The thought of his angst at not being the "leader of men" he had hoped to be when his (24 hour) command to give to the homeless bombed made me feel a little sympathy. I guess watching people be totally disheartened gets to me.

So, thank you, FJ for posting the above and reminding me that this man is a disgusting slimeball. Robert, you are ODIOUS. Your behavior should never be a model for anyone, ever. It's so sad you have children. I guess they can look at it later like my husband does about his horrible father--"Well, I know how NOT to treat my family."

You told people to give to the needy and people didn't jump to the way you wanted. I guess you are used to INSTANT OBEDIENCE, eh? Here's the thing--no one else is terrified of you. No one has to obey you, even just a suggestion by you. Be someone great, worth emulating, and lead by example.

as I am not a bible scholar, did Jesus ever go in great length about submission? I know there is a bit about it in a letter from an apostle. So of all the things taught by Jesus CM picks a tiny paragraph to focus his life work on?

He is troubled by not getting the response he wanted by it? Not looked at as a genius by his peers, or some special great thinker because he is obsessed with a few lines of the bible, and pretty much ignoring the rest. Well he does like to make sure people know how generouse he is. He has part of the giving to others part-missing the part about being quiet about it.

Cabinet man is starting to bore me.

Cabinet man is starting to bore me.

he is rather boring, but he loves us :D

Oh, I don't know that he's completely boring... his tall tales about farming are quite a source of amusement.

Today's post:

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:35-40

7 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

“Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.†Philipians 2:4

Translation: If you didn't give to my little campaign, SHAME ON YOU. You are not a True Christian[tm][/tm]!

Oh, I don't know that he's completely boring... his tall tales about farming are quite a source of amusement.

true, it is fun to poke holes in his lies. if not for that, he would be a complete bore, though.

true, it is fun to poke holes in his lies. if not for that, he would be a complete bore, though.

Yeah, it's more interesting to watch grass grow...

If he loves us, I hope we don't get locked in a shed... :?

Today's post:

Translation: If you didn't give to my little campaign, SHAME ON YOU. You are not a True Christian[tm][/tm]!

I thought the point of the bible is wifely submission? Not helping people.

A blog whose purpose is forcing submision on your wife and one or two posts about helping others. Cool story bro.

I’m pretty bored with him as well. I think he’s writing mostly for FJ and it’s not nearly as interesting as it was the first time around. Because of his new comment policy, the comment section is usually limited and a bore.

I’m pretty bored with him as well. I think he’s writing mostly for FJ and it’s not nearly as interesting as it was the first time around. Because of his new comment policy, the comment section is usually limited and a bore.

i thought we were only 1 in 15 of his readers :lol: whoops

Me: Honey, I found a blog about husbandry that you might enjoy reading!

Husband: If you want to start a farm go for it, but I'm not.

Poor cabinetman, people are going to think he is blogging about plants and animals. :lol:

Archived