IGNORED

In Which Robert Lurves "The Homeless"

lawfulevil

FLOUNCY.

We currently have $465 donated to local church feeding programs. That is awesome! It’s on bigger sized donations, but that is not really what we were looking for guys. If our average readership put in $5 each we would blow past the goal (even if we discount that 1 in 15 of our readers is a Free Jinger who I am sure donate to their own causes but probably won’t help in something I organize). I know many of you donate to your local church and charities. Also that budgets are increasingly tight in American homes.

We are just looking for folks to lend a hand to their neighbors in need- more so than you are doing already. I know I’m pushing. I know that is uncomfortable…but that is the goal of my blog- to make you a little uncomfortable hopefully because I am asking you to step out further in your faith to love your spouse, family and neighbor. Most of us aren’t able to take $100 leaps of faith today, but we can take $5 leaps of faith today in our walk and then tomorrow another $5, and then a few days another $5- and pretty soon you are well past $100. And if you haven’t figured it out, I’m not speaking about money right now but actively growing in our walk as we live out our faith.

I’m in a struggle right now. I see lots of websites that complain about women and feminism- and yes there is a lot to complain about in our world and churches today. I think this is good at identifying a problem and being able to recognize it but does not go much further and rarely deals with a man’s responsibilities towards women and short fall of men in our church today. And I see a lot of websites that throw headship under the bus, that teach loving your wife as Christ loves the church but in a follow her around like a puppy dog kind of way and please her every whim and don’t deal with women’s sin. As well meaning as these blogs are they undercut both scripture and reason- because men do not respond in this scenario, nor do women…you end up with our current church. I believe in strong, sacrificial, serving, lay your life down for your wife and family kind of husbandry but also strong headship that leads a family boldly.

If I am being honest Amanda and I ask each other if men are interested in this idea of husbandry, what we believe is biblical. Some seem far too embittered, hurt and cast off and the others seem far to feminized and ashamed of headship (if admitting it at all).

My goal is to spur men towards this type of masculinity and husbandry but during this busy stretch I do not know how often I am going to post. I am going to do a lot of praying and seeking God’s face on this and asking for direction. I ask that you would also pray for me in that regards. I would be lying if at times that I doubt there is a want for this blog among men. And as much as I love the couple hundred ladies that read it is just not what I believe I am called to do- in a way I feel like I am doing you a disservice. Love have you reading beside your husband and other men, but my “boatload of estrogen†(as one dear lady put it last week) is just not who I feel called to speak to for a variety of reasons.

I am a cast off I admit. I am unwelcome in most christian blogs because of my stance on headship and the current state of women. I am unwelcome for the most part in the manosphere due to my stance on loving your wife as Christ loves the church, the current state of men and having a “man up†message. People like Lori & April have stood firmly by me/us and I know there are some folks in the manosphere that hold up these scriptural truths- I am speaking in generalities.

On a whole, I am entirely a sinner. It’s not comfortable to put your sin and life on display. There is much wrong with me, so possibly there is much wrong with my message- but I do believe I have the proper balance of this love-headship thing figured out, not that I’ve got corner on that market by a long shot. It’s possible I am arrogant to think I’ve got the proper balance, but I don’t believe that is the case. It’s hard as a man (and woman) to know sometimes what God is calling you to do. Obviously if the question is to sin or not, the answer is not. But when the choice is not so clear cut it becomes much more difficult and it is something I am wrestling with- whether this is something that can be done over the internet or has to be done in person. I think it is always best in person but due to our culture we rarely know the names of the folks we go to church with, let alone men who would spur us towards loving Christ, our wives, families and neighbors more. If it can be done on the internet- how is it best done?

I know many blogs exist to vent. Some want followers and feedback/adoration. Honestly, I could ride off into the sunset in peace never to be heard from again…but I feel the time has come to take a stand. I am tired of seeing churches and families crumble around us. I just want to do my part, however small, to put my finger in the leaking dam and if possible help rebuild a little. But maybe I need boots on the ground in Washington and not fingers on a keyboard…I just don’t know.

What is it going to take to have men step out in great faith, live obediently to the Lord- lovingly leading our families and loving our neighbor that Christ may be glorified? To become better men, husbands, fathers and neighbors? Those are the questions I have wrestled with daily for a couple years all the while asking how do I honor and protect Amanda and my kids…

I’m not sure small town recollections by Robert that lead to a scriptural truth are the way to go…but I am praying about it. It’s quite possible that 1) there is way too much Robert & Robert is too sinful to get the job done 2) men just do not respond to this way of ministry

I’m not shutting down the blog, but I may adjust the frequency of my postings if I feel God has a better man or a better plan. If this is God’s plan, please pray for patience on my end. Alright, that will probably be the only look inside my jumbled head and heart for the week- I’ll get back to you when I have an answer to that prayer or something God lays on my heart.

Lastly, I ask you just pray. No comments. I’m a man- my ego is easily influenced by praise and therefore led astray. May God’s will be done, in your life and mine.

In Christ- Robert

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and "he doesn't read here"

LOLOLOL all day long.

even if we discount that 1 in 15 of our readers is a Free Jinger who I am sure donate to their own causes but probably won’t help in something I organize

Oh and "he doesn't read here"

LOLOLOL all day long.

1 in 15? that's pretty generous :lol:

If I am being honest Amanda and I ask each other if men are interested in this idea of husbandry, what we believe is biblical.

From our old friend, the dictionary:

noun

the cultivation and production of edible crops or of animals for food; agriculture; farming.

the science of raising crops or food animals.

WTF are you up to, Robert? I'm pretty sure it's illegal in most states...

From our old friend, the dictionary:

noun

the cultivation and production of edible crops or of animals for food; agriculture; farming.

the science of raising crops or food animals.

WTF are you up to, Robert? I'm pretty sure it's illegal in most states...

i think by "husbandry" he means things relating to being a husband, especially in a biblical (according to cm) sense.

robert, if you're going to make up words to try to sound smart, try using words that don't already have meanings, like the above. you're just reinforcing the idea that you're an idiot. :roll:

My goal is to spur men towards this type of masculinity and husbandry

There's so much about his latest whine fest that I found insulting, but I'll just start with that line.

Has it never occurred to Robert that men are not reading and responding to his blog because they are busy working and providing for their families? Has it never occurred to him that most men have neither the time nor the desire to respond to a blog written by a man who continues to disparage other men for not quite measuring up to his warped definition of "masculine?"

Robert, just because men are leading their homes differently than you, does not mean they are doing so in an ungodly manner. Really, your arrogance is turning people off of your blog. That and the fact that you presented such a harsh picture of yourself with your first attempt at blogging. Nobody knows who the real Robert is, regardless of your attempts to "soften things up." Even with your new "softer" side, your posts and comments are framed with an edge of insult and contempt at anybody who does not believe just as you do. The fact that you assume people just don't want to know the truth is just one more illustration of your arrogance. It is not that people don't have the desire to read about Christian homes; it is that you do not present the message well.

There's so much about his latest whine fest that I found insulting, but I'll just start with that line.

Has it never occurred to Robert that men are not reading and responding to his blog because they are busy working and providing for their families? Has it never occurred to him that most men have neither the time nor the desire to respond to a blog written by a man who continues to disparage other men for not quite measuring up to his warped definition of "masculine?"

Robert, just because men are leading their homes differently than you, does not mean they are doing so in an ungodly manner. Really, your arrogance is turning people off of your blog. That and the fact that you presented such a harsh picture of yourself with your first attempt at blogging. Nobody knows who the real Robert is, regardless of your attempts to "soften things up." Even with your new "softer" side, your posts and comments are framed with an edge of insult and contempt at anybody who does not believe just as you do. The fact that you assume people just don't want to know the truth is just one more illustration of your arrogance. It is not that people don't have the desire to read about Christian homes; it is that you do not present the message well.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
sad that this is considered "softer" robert. softer robert apparently still is a lying liar who lies (see: just about everything he's written so far, especially about the animals and farming). he just really does not understand how to communicate and interact with other people. it's getting to the point where i'm wondering if he really does have some sort of mental issue, between the harshness, the superiority shit, and the blatant lying. i don't understand why he feels the need to lie to make points, but he seems incapable of telling the complete and 100% truth about even innocuous things.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
sad that this is considered "softer" robert. softer robert apparently still is a lying liar who lies (see: just about everything he's written so far, especially about the animals and farming). he just really does not understand how to communicate and interact with other people. it's getting to the point where i'm wondering if he really does have some sort of mental issue, between the harshness, the superiority shit, and the blatant lying. i don't understand why he feels the need to lie to make points, but he seems incapable of telling the complete and 100% truth about even innocuous things.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I've said before that he reminds me of my ex. My ex definitely had/has some undiagnosed mental issue. He was a pretty manipulative jerk, but it was his excessive lies about random stuff that really convinced me he was an asshole with mental problems and not just an asshole. I suspect my ex has NPD, FWIW. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Robert has.

"1 in 15?"

Robert, darlin', I highly doubt you even have 15 readers. And I'm pretty sure that at least half of those 15 come from here. That would partially explain the lack of response to your televangelist-like fundraising efforts. :wink-kitty:

(and yes, many of us here donate to worthy causes including feeding the hungry and helping the homeless)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I've said before that he reminds me of my ex. My ex definitely had/has some undiagnosed mental issue. He was a pretty manipulative jerk, but it was his excessive lies about random stuff that really convinced me he was an asshole with mental problems and not just an asshole. I suspect my ex has NPD, FWIW. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Robert has.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
my maternal grandmother was the same way, lying about inconsequential things, just about anything. even if it made her look bad compared to the truth, she seemed to prefer to lie. girl had issues.

I'm not sure which I enjoyed more--Cabinetman's flounce of fear when his name was (easily) discovered by FJ or his flounce of fee-fees when his challenge was met with apathy my his (non existant) readership.

The Alexanders are readers! They should led the charge in donating: those bitches are RICH! And Christian! And they are PERFECT (according to Ken).

Awww, Robert, they let you down.

I'm not sure which I enjoyed more--Cabinetman's flounce of fear when his name was (easily) discovered by FJ or his flounce of fee-fees when his challenge was met with apathy my his (non existant) readership.

The Alexanders are readers! They should led the charge in donating: those bitches are RICH! And Christian! And they are PERFECT (according to Ken).

Awww, Robert, they let you down.

Maybe they don't want to donate to his cause because he thinks it's okay if women work and is therefore not a True Christian[tm][/tm] by Alexander standards.

Maybe they don't want to donate to his cause because he thinks it's okay if women work and is therefore not a True Christian[tm][/tm] by Alexander standards.

Even though all but one of their daughters/daughters in law have jobs.

This is not something Robert can control, but this comment makes me want to tear my hair out.

Hello Robert, I live in Cape Town South Africa and quietly follow your blog which I found via Lori. I just want to say that helping the poor in our country is a way of life for our family. But in particular we have two old black grandparents that we buy groceries for every month. They are each supporting their grandchildren as parents have died or run away and left them behind. I know this may not fit in with your challenge, but this week is their collection week and we will have about 10 bags of food to give to them, not a hot meal to meet your wife’s challenge, but food nonetheless. Thank you for your blog, I have shared it with my husband, but I think he finds reading other men’s writings difficult.

Is there a reason we need to know the skin color of the recipients? That poor couple - needing to take help from a woman like that. :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

i have to wonder if the alexanders are really as friendly with him as they appear to be, or if they secretly make fun of him behind his back.

:lol:

Robert's response to the comment about the grandparents in Cape Town, South Africa:

wendytamaryoung,

Thank you for this reminder to those of us in the west. I know what you are doing is a blessing, and quite literally could be the difference between life and death. Thank you for being Christ’s hands and feet in your area.

Thank you also for sharing with your husband. I completely understand.

Lastly, we will take your challenge on the ten bags of food. I am sure our pastor knows of someone in our community in similar circumstances and we will match that. Thank you. God bless-

Robert

:lol:

Cape Town has a population of over 3.5 million. Perhaps this old couple lives in the suburbs or a more rural area, but Cape Town, South Africa not the Saharan wilderness. Yes, the food could "quite literally could be the difference between life and death" just like it could be the difference between life and death in NYC, Moscow, Dubai, or any city. But certain things in this post (the emphasis on life and death and the comment about being a reminder for those of us in the West) make me think he's picturing this couple not as people struggling to live in an urban area but as the stereotypical "Africans" living in a hut with no access to clean water.

Africa (even specifically South Africa) is not a monolith, dude.

i have to wonder if the alexanders are really as friendly with him as they appear to be, or if they secretly make fun of him behind his back.

I have no doubt the Alexanders ridicule Robert and his wife. We've seen how Lori attacks other women's homes, looks and weight; and we've seen how Ken can't stop himself from leering at all women and offering suggestions on how to improve themselves. It's kind of sad, actually. Robert clearly counts them as allies, at the very least, and was quite loyal to Lori when she basically lied about him on her blog; but I'm sure Ken and Lori would never socialize with him in real life.

We at FJ have been kinder to Amanda than Lori has been to any woman on her blog. We've certainly been kinder to her than her own husband. I think if Robert met us in real life, he'd consider us real nice gals. :) I think he'd find Lori to be a real shrew.

I happen to be doing a lot of waiting around today; and so I've been reviewing Robert's blog. I'm just taking a look at the difference in the way he's presenting himself this time as compare to "before the move." This comment is from Robert and it's on his post "Whose Blog is it?":

M,

I think part of the problem is folks think I talk with Amanda like I talk on the blog. In person I “soften the blow†but on the blog we are opening our life and marriage up, both of us willing to take some blows for the kingdom of God. There is a big difference when a doctor is speaking to a class about cancer and then when he is sitting at the bedside. We jump back and forth a little, but I think folks want us to speak like we are sitting bedside all the time- and if you did that med school would last 50 years minimum. About the time folks graduated, they’d die. Hope that makes sense M & Shelley-

I just don't get it. The line that Robert used in his first blog "Woman!! That shit won't fly around here!" - something like that - is what really made me realize that he is not a nice guy (well, on top of the whole shed story) Anybody that talks to his wife like that is mean, plain and simple. So, WHY would somebody rather present that side of himself if he really doesn't talk like that at home? If he "softens the blow" in person, why not present it that way on the blog? I don't know of any decent man who speaks to his wife that way. Nor would any of the men I know want others to BELIEVE they speak to their wives that way. I also don't know any men who ridicule other husbands for speaking kindly to their wives. It just makes no sense that Robert felt he had to present himself as this boorish lout to give himself some sort of credibility. I think that's the message he's trying to give us - that he was just being a "manly man" the first time around but he's really a nice, tender hearted guy.

That's not gonna fly here! A truly decent person doesn't have to try so hard to appear decent.

FLOUNCY.

You all know how I love my stats, so that little bit in bold intrigued me. I feel pretty comfortable calling BS on it, which is probably no surprise to anyone here. He has a whopping 18 incoming links, 11 of which are relevant (every site has links from sites that value your domain, want you to buy SEO packages from them, etc). Most of his stats are so low they don't even register. Lori has vastly better stats, which isn't exactly a rousing endorsement.

He clearly has some other readers because people are liking to him, but I would guess we make up the majority of his *regular* readers (and those are the important ones). He, no doubt, gets an influx when he's mentioned on another blog, but I doubt they stay because as he said, he's not really their type. I clicked a few links to ones I didn't recognize and they seemed to be MRA types.

You all know how I love my stats, so that little bit in bold intrigued me. I feel pretty comfortable calling BS on it, which is probably no surprise to anyone here. He has a whopping 18 incoming links, 11 of which are relevant (every site has links from sites that value your domain, want you to buy SEO packages from them, etc). Most of his stats are so low they don't even register. Lori has vastly better stats, which isn't exactly a rousing endorsement.

He clearly has some other readers because people are liking to him, but I would guess we make up the majority of his *regular* readers (and those are the important ones). He, no doubt, gets an influx when he's mentioned on another blog, but I doubt they stay because as he said, he's not really their type. I clicked a few links to ones I didn't recognize and they seemed to be MRA types.

i wonder how flustered robert gets when we totally show him up and prove he's a lying liar who lies? oh wait, he doesn't read here :lol:

also...

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
robert, you're a tool :nenner:

i think by "husbandry" he means things relating to being a husband, especially in a biblical (according to cm) sense.

robert, if you're going to make up words to try to sound smart, try using words that don't already have meanings, like the above. you're just reinforcing the idea that you're an idiot. :roll:

This is the same thing Lori does. Takes a word and gives it the meaning she wants. It's like the don't understand that word have meanings. Ken was the same way when he was here. He would say something that clearly said X and they cry that we were all saying he said X, but he really was saying Y. Yes, because words have meaning and when you say X people are going to read X. If you mean something else, it's incumbent on you (the writer) to say what you mean.

(I know I'm preaching to the choir, but that still makes me stabby thinking about it!)

Where Words Have Meaning was nearly our new tagline

This is the same thing Lori does. Takes a word and gives it the meaning she wants. It's like the don't understand that word have meanings. Ken was the same way when he was here. He would say something that clearly said X and they cry that we were all saying he said X, but he really was saying Y. Yes, because words have meaning and when you say X people are going to read X. If you mean something else, it's incumbent on you (the writer) to say what you mean.

(I know I'm preaching to the choir, but that still makes me stabby thinking about it!)

Where Words Have Meaning was nearly our new tagline

i think somebody needs to buy a user title just so it can be "cm-qualified husbandry expert" :lol:

i think somebody needs to buy a user title just so it can be "cm-qualified husbandry expert" :lol:

No charge :lol:

Archived