IGNORED

Morton/Alexander Wedding

Kira

A 50 person wedding party! I'm surprised that Dorothy was

n't a bridesmaids.

A few years ago a woman in England had 30 bridesmaids(http://www.jezebel.com/5864985/woman-wa ... ridesmaids).

Thank :fsm: that she let them pick out their own dresses. Finding one dress that looks good on 30 women...that's the stuff of nightmares.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that dress originally was a strapless dress that was modified to have, ah, "straps", that was a very attractive modification. I love it.

50 people in the wedding party???????? Bet it took ages to get them all down the aisle! Was there anyone even there sitting down? That is excessive. I see some of the people who have about 10 on each side, and I think it is a bit big, but 50!

I'm not even sure that I know 50 people. I have a very small family and group of friends. It suits me fine, but I will be having a courthouse wedding+ backyard barbeque when the day comes. It will save me from having to call up people I last saw 10 years ago just to have bridesmaids, and have only 5 people sitting on the bride's side at the church. :lol:

Obviously though, you don't have 5 siblings popping out a smoochy kissums baby each every year. You can't have that many nieces and not have eleventy flowergirls.

This is the pinnacle of her existence. She needs to have a big party and a show. It's all downhill from here. She'll be knee deep in nappies and toddlers until menopause and then it's at least another fifteen years of homeschooling and and laundry.

In that picture it almost looks like the groomsmen are wearing jeans.

I'm not surprised. The men in Dorothy and Noah's wedding party all wore dark brown canvas work pants.

Sorry, but that dress is u-g-l-y. It would have been beautiful without the tacky crap added at the top. Marth had the longest f-ing engagement in the fundie world. She had time to find a wedding dress that was modest from the get-go. Or she could have sewn her own dress. If you're preparing to be a helpmeet, you should be able to sew your own wedding dress. #Fail

I wonder how many Arruhs For The Lawd the child groom and his new biscuit-maker will end up cramming into that trailer.

I wonder how many Arruhs For The Lawd the child groom and his new biscuit-maker will end up cramming into that trailer.

Haha, biscuit-maker! So perfect.

That came from one of Addie's blog posts, when one of the squinty-eyed blond brothers (I forget which is which) got a house. Some relative or another commented that now he just needs to put a biscuit-maker in it. Typical casual Morton misogyny.

That came from one of Addie's blog posts, when one of the squinty-eyed blond brothers (I forget which is which) got a house. Some relative or another commented that now he just needs to put a biscuit-maker in it. Typical casual Morton misogyny.

The Mortons are so creepy. But thanks to you, I'm going to watch "Children of the Corn" now, in honor of Halloween and the Mortons.

Very interesting to see that Dorothy was not a bridesmaid... Wonder if that means something...

None of the married women have been bridesmaids after marriage. They seem to take the "maid" part very seriously. Darth and Rach are really close and yet Rach was not in Darth's wedding. I'm guessing the frequent pregnancies and changing sizes don't help either.

I think Rachel is the only one who has not been a bridesmaids after marriage.

Oops. I forgot about that. I keep forgetting that Beth and Darths were so different. Lise and Rachel are the only two who haven't.

Regarding Tayte's Google+ page, holy smokes. He's barely literate.

"It got me thinking, when we are young we look up to our dad's and mom's, there is all was some one to help when you can't do it, and there is nothing that can't be done. As we grow up suddenly thing change. But if we look to Christ we can be just as we where before and all things will be better than perfect as we know it."

:pink-shock:

Regarding Tayte's Google+ page, holy smokes. He's barely literate.

"It got me thinking, when we are young we look up to our dad's and mom's, there is all was some one to help when you can't do it, and there is nothing that can't be done. As we grow up suddenly thing change. But if we look to Christ we can be just as we where before and all things will be better than perfect as we know it."

:pink-shock:

especially if the "looking to Christ" is going through Daddy-o's authority on everything. :lol: (like so many fundies try to get their kids to do)

But wow, not even auto correct on a phone could eff up a statement that badly.

From Bethany Lane's public instagram websta.me/n/dannyandbethanylane

10735279_761026077297296_200489181_n.jpg

17, 20, 26 and 42 weeks!!!! #babieseverywhere! #17weeks 8h

I found the non-Smorton on Facebook, although her last name is Smith: facebook.com/Thomas.And.Emily

and her husband's facebook has some pictures of the wedding:

facebook.com/thomas.smith.391420/posts/781057271941173

The 4 Smith bio children will have produced 21 grandchildren in 8 years.

Dorothy produces babies at a slightly slower rate than Katie. Will be interesting to see who Martha takes after.

Good find Dutchmommy! I have to say, this looked like a genuinely nice wedding, even though there were WAY too many bridesmaids and her dress was boring. I like the cotton in the bouquets and the wreaths on the stable. This is how you do a rustic outdoor wedding (ahem Jill)!

I found this through Rachel's FB: southernrosephotography.blogspot.nl/2014/10/tayte-martha-wedding.html

That's Abbi Sanders' blog. If you scroll down, there are adorkable shots of Darth, Noah, and Enoch.

I like the colors, they have such a pretty property so I wonder why they got married in front of the actual barn. The smell would not have been lovely if the wind blew. They look less awkward around each other, so I'm glad they waited a bit.

Martha's hands look like hell in the close up photo of her hands & bouquet. The photographer could have done some Photoshop work on that one.

The wedding dress was awful. I've seen lots of girls make the strapless gowns into non-strapless gowns WAY better that this. What's sad is that the dress fit her perfectly, but the add-on was just so obvious that it was distracting and not even in a pretty way. I guess she liked it, though, so that's all that matters. Her bridesmaids really upstaged her, though, in some of their gowns. Very pretty colors and styles.

Archived