• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jessica

Baby Cash has arrived - Sweet Tea and Buttermilk

fundiefan

Yawn. Another year, another Courtney kid. Now taking bets on the next pregnancy announcement...Christmas? New Years? Surely no later than Valentine's Day. Next year, same as this year, which is the same as last year....

skankbiscuit

Courtney actually takes care of her kids, and they are clean and well fed. I don't like her theology, but I think she is a good mom.

Kira

Is she going to give all of her boys one syllable names?

Jessica

I think she's a great mom, too. And seriously, I wish I had even half the energy she has!

My Bets are on an announcement by Valentine's day.

Jana814
Yawn. Another year, another Courtney kid. Now taking bets on the next pregnancy announcement...Christmas? New Years? Surely no later than Valentine's Day. Next year, same as this year, which is the same as last year....

Agree!

Jana814
Courtney actually takes care of her kids, and they are clean and well fed. I don't like her theology, but I think she is a good mom.

Agree!!

Meh
formergothardite

She takes good care of her children now, but if she keeps this up there will reach a point where she is just no longer able to really care for them. There is just no way she will be able to teach multiple grade levels, watch preschoolers, watch toddlers, care for a one year old and care for a baby all while constantly being pregnant. She isn't at that point now, but it is quickly arriving.

Aggravated
keen23

If we had had a boy, Cash was my #1 pick for a name. For reals.

DGayle

Cash? That makes me think of Fifty Cent. Or Fiddy Cent, as I've also seen it written.

Aggravated
keen23
Cash? That makes me think of Fifty Cent. Or Fiddy Cent, as I've also seen it written.

More like as in Johnny Cash, the Man in Black.

Coco

More like as in Johnny Cash, the Man in Black.

That's who i thought of first, but then my hubby and i walked down the aisle to "I Walk the Line" at our rehearsal. 8-)

dairyfreelife

I vote by Valentine's Day as well and for a girl next time for Callie's sake. Poor Callie has four brothers. Needs a sister to balance it all out. :lol:

slickcat79
I vote by Valentine's Day as well and for a girl next time for Callie's sake. Poor Callie has four brothers. Needs a sister to balance it all out. :lol:

She needs a fellow c'slave, or her teen years are going to be hell :(

Four is Enough

Who is Courtney and where can I read about the family?

Meh
formergothardite

viewforum.php?f=219

I think these are all the threads about her. She grew up friends with Kristina(the one who got engaged at Arby's), she used to have a blog from before she was married but I can't remember the name of it, she and her husband are "missionaries" to Arizona where they save the heathen souls of Catholics. She has baby after baby but seems to have it together more than a lot of fundie moms. I do think that she is quickly approaching the point where she just won't be able to care for all these small children while constantly being pregnant.

dairyfreelife

sweetteaandbuttermilk.blogspot.com

Also has a FB Sweet Tea & Buttermilk.

Chris and Courtney Rogers are fundies to moved to NM to start a church and do not believe in birth control. She has super fertility having a baby about every 12 months. All her children have C name. Clint, Clay, Cade, Callie, and now Cash. They are all under 5.

treemom

And one was born I her driveway. The boy before Callie. Callie was only early because she had placenta Previa and I think something else.

Four is Enough
And one was born I her driveway. The boy before Callie. Callie was only early because she had placenta Previa and I think something else.

Born in the driveway= better than being born on the commode.

ETA: I just looked at the blog. The children look darling! They also look to be the right size, well fed, clean, as others have said, and treasured. Birthday parties with specific cakes! Wrapped gifts! Play time!

paganhomeschooler
If we had had a boy, Cash was my #1 pick for a name. For reals.

Mine, too! My husband wanted to name our 2nd son after his grandfather who had passed, so Cash is his middle name, instead. :-) I usually call him by Nickname-of-1st-name Cash. We took our 14 year late honeymoon this past Feb., and when we were in Nashville, we went to the Johnny Cash museum. We got our little Cash a t-shirt there. It's black (of course) and says CASH on it in white. Funniest thing I've ever heard was him singing Folsom Prison Blues when he was about 3. lol

We figure he's going to be pretty cool in high school. "Cash is my middle name!" ;-)

To top it all off, he's very musically talented. One day, I kept yelling at my teenager to stop playing the piano so loudly because I was trying to work. She finally came downstairs and asked me why I was yelling at her. Here, it was my little guy! He's getting a little guitar for Xmas. Said teenager doesn't want to share hers from when she was small, so we're going to get him his own. He wanted to buy a ukulele at the fair because he thought it was just a teeny guitar, and he couldn't afford the guitars but he had enough for that. I talked him out of it because I had already planned on getting him one.

/threadjack

Aurora rising

I agree that she seems to be a good mom - but have you noticed all her "keep calm and..." Stickers? One is "Keep calm God is on Israels side" :pink-shock: :roll:

fun2beme

I hear Cash and mentally go to Cassius Clay. Which is a pretty cool name too.

I agree - Courtney seems to be a great, loving mom, but I fear that at her rate, she's going to be quickly overwhelmed. IIRC, she's the oldest of several children and did a lot of hands-on help in raising them so that works in her favor.

Being a missionary in NM or AZ cracks me up though... Those godless southwestern heathens...

tamster59

They live in New Mexico not Arizona. She does crack me up for being married for 6 years with 5 children.We had a 3 month old on our 6th anniversary.

FreeHannie!
I agree that she seems to be a good mom - but have you noticed all her "keep calm and..." Stickers? One is "Keep calm God is on Israels side" :pink-shock: :roll:

I'm what you could call half Jewish (father is non religious but culturally Jewish born to holocaust survivors in Canada) and that made me :roll: :roll: :roll:

Feberin
She takes good care of her children now, but if she keeps this up there will reach a point where she is just no longer able to really care for them. There is just no way she will be able to teach multiple grade levels, watch preschoolers, watch toddlers, care for a one year old and care for a baby all while constantly being pregnant. She isn't at that point now, but it is quickly arriving.

I don't know how she does it but I think five children under five would be one of the most overwhelming times. While her homeschooling may not be as stellar as the children deserve anyone who can keep that many young children clean, fed and even doing special touches like special birthday parties has it more together then your average mom. Also at some point hopefully her fertility will start slowing down and maybe she'll get some larger age gaps. Her oldest is just about the same age as my son so he's only four and a half. I also think her husband seems to be pretty involved in a way that you don't see with a lot of fundie dads. Like coming home to watch the little ones so she could take the older boys to a children's museum when it was free. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hands on role with homeschooling as the children get older.

Also with all these boys as her oldest children it will be interesting to see if all these little cowboys end up helping out around the house and with childcare for younger siblings as they get older.