IGNORED

Lori has a closed FB group

facebook.com/groups/280637265459490/

Anyone have the balls to try to join?

It's brand new (literally 49 minutes old) and has only two members. I wonder if Lorken's regulars will join. I have no desire to join although on FB, Lori can't delete comments if they disagree with her! On second thought, I may reconsider joining. :lol:

It's brand new (literally 49 minutes old) and has only two members. I wonder if Lorken's regulars will join. I have no desire to join although on FB, Lori can't delete comments if they disagree with her! On second thought, I may reconsider joining. :lol:

I am so tempted. Waffling.

I am so tempted. Waffling.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I will have to "unlike" the Always Learning Baking Company if I'm going to try, but I have a pretty Christian-ese Facebook page. I may be moving to another state this month, so maybe I'll create a fundie-me version for CM and Lori with my brand new IP and gain her trust to get into her sooper sekrit page.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I will have to "unlike" the Always Learning Baking Company if I'm going to try, but I have a pretty Christian-ese Facebook page. I may be moving to another state this month, so maybe I'll create a fundie-me version for CM and Lori with my brand new IP and gain her trust to get into her sooper sekrit page.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
This is exactly what I was just thinking as I was inspecting my FB for potential giveaways. I also like To Love Honor and Vacuum on FB, which I know Lori would not approve of.

What about my weightlifting pics? Do you think I'd get denied for that?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

LOL, sounds good. Yeah, I'm curious what "sooper sekrits" might be shared in her group.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I have a separate FB account used for Face Stalking. Lorken would never recognize me because my alias is a man -- a man with a kick-ass name. :D

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
This is exactly what I was just thinking as I was inspecting my FB for potential giveaways. I also like To Love Honor and Vacuum on FB, which I know Lori would not approve of.

Yes, I think you would. My mixed race children and clear enjoyment of a career would label me as a suspected liberal I'm afraid. But I did have a nanny for a while so maybe Lori would like that.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I don't think she would deny you for that... you might request to join and if you can send a message to the group say that you found her through Sheila and loves that Lori speaks the truth where Sheila is afraid to.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I don't think she would deny you for that... you might request to join and if you can send a message to the group say that you found her through Sheila and loves that Lori speaks the truth where Sheila is afraid to.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
She might eat that up. I have my religion listed as Episcopal. I might need to change it to Christian.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
She might eat that up. I have my religion listed as Episcopal. I might need to change it to Christian.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
That's not a bad idea, but Lori might be okay with it. She happily converses with Mormons without calling them out, which is kind of considered taboo in evangelical Christianity.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
That's not a bad idea, but Lori might be okay with it. She happily converses with Mormons without calling them out, which is kind of considered taboo in evangelical Christianity.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Yes, but the Mormons don't have female ministers.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Yes, but the Mormons don't have female ministers.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Or gay ones. Good point!

If it's a closed group, does you necessarily have to have admin approval to join? If not, I could just join once she gets a few more members and she may not even notice.

You can delete comments if you're the mod of the page.

You can delete comments if you're the mod of the page.

Yup, you can. I don't think even a closed group would last for Lori. She is still very stupid and I can ever see pissing off like minded folks like she has done in the past. People have ditched her blog after disagreeing with her.

I really doubt it's going to be all that interesting, Lori has this tendency to use every social media platform to rehash the exact same crap. Her twitter- just a listing of her blog posts. Facebook? Same. So this will probably be more of the same, just with a rimming/noise ratio she prefers.

I really doubt it's going to be all that interesting, Lori has this tendency to use every social media platform to rehash the exact same crap. Her twitter- just a listing of her blog posts. Facebook? Same. So this will probably be more of the same, just with a rimming/noise ratio she prefers.

She's framing it as a "chat room" for like-minded women.

I'm actually hoping that she starts a youtube channel.

She's framing it as a "chat room" for like-minded women.

I am not going to bother to look into her private facebook group, in large part because I don't view Lori's ministry as having enough impact, despite its negativity, to spend much time on. My guess is that Ken was spending too much time helping delete/screen comments from any of their "sort of " open groups, so this is a way to give Lori a playground without it eating up too much of Ken's time.

And, since her message never changes and even the most kindly worded post disagreeing with her in any of her groups leads to banishment, I might as well not bother to even try interact with the Alexanders anywhere but here.

Oh HAIL NAW! I would get banned with my very first post. I don't play nice with fundies.

Lori put a disclaimer about the FB group on her blog today:

***Concerning my chat room ~ I'm sorry but if I can't identify you on Facebook clearly, I can't allow you into this chat room. If you don't friend me back when I friend you so I can check out your Facebook {I friend those I am not sure about and need further information on}, I won't let you in. This is only for women who truly want to strengthen and encourage each other in the ways of the Lord. Thank you!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Okay, y'all. I'm doing it. I'm moving in a month, and upon arrival in my new area, I'm going to comment on Lori's blog and join the dumb group. Do you think I should pretend to be married to my boyfriend? I'm currently working, so maybe I shouldn't? I'm going through my Facebook right now and editing the privacy on posts Lori would disapprove of... and I'm going to start posting some things she would love. I plan on this being a long-term plan... never making much noise at all. I'm just curious about what's in the group.

Lori put a disclaimer about the FB group on her blog today:

Lori, you little Nazi. How perfectly controlling. What a tidy little world Lori must live in where everyone believes as she does and there's no disagreements whatsoever. If she checks out the FB pages of potential members to ensure that she already knows them, what's the point of a chat room? She'll never meet anyone new. She'll never open herself up to the free exchange of new ideas. Oops, I forgot. Lori is Never Learning.

I'm obviously joking around with this yet it's actually sad and pathetic, isn't it?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Okay, y'all. I'm doing it. I'm moving in a month, and upon arrival in my new area, I'm going to comment on Lori's blog and join the dumb group. Do you think I should pretend to be married to my boyfriend? I'm currently working, so maybe I shouldn't? I'm going through my Facebook right now and editing the privacy on posts Lori would disapprove of... and I'm going to start posting some things she would love. I plan on this being a long-term plan... never making much noise at all. I'm just curious about what's in the group.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I think you should say you're going to be married soon and that you'll promptly quit your job after saying, "I do." After all, you want to be the best little wifey possible so you're there to learn. You're a blank slate. Lori will eat that stuff up with a spoon!

Can't wait to see what happens! :popcorn2:

Archived