IGNORED

Are JB and Michelle getting worse?

Zasha

I can't decide if they're getting worse or just more blatant with everything we already knew. Or maybe it's that I'm just so done with it but I am really, really disgusted with them more than I have ever been.

I just watched the Jilly Muffin ep and Jim Bob absolutely grossed me out with the sex talk. It's as though that is ALL that matters about marriage to them. When asked what Jill and Derek might be looking forward to most he should have said getting to live together, know each other better, build a life together, make their home...that kind of stuff. The fact that he first went to sex is really, really disgusting. I'm just...extremely grossed out at how often he discusses sex in reference to his daughter. Completely inappropriate and crossing the line into perversion.

As for Michelle, she continues to piss me off on the regular. She's so repetitive, every single talking head. She says the same three token things about JIll over and over again. Maybe it's because there is no more depth to JIll's personality than "family and relationships" but that would be THEIR fault for never letting her develop an iota of personality. And I'm just about as disgusted by the baby thing as I am by JB's sex talk about his daughters. I just want to shake Michelle so hard and scream at her that her daughters have so much more worth than just making babies!!! They are human beings and you're reducing them to absolutely NOTHING. :angry-banghead:

And Jill is turning into Michelle. I know I keep saying it but I can't think of any word other than DISGUSTING for all this.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they are getting worse. They were always like that. And now they have a show to keep up, I can imagine that they exaggerate some points in order to keep the ratings high.

And Jill is turning into Michelle.

Oh, she so is. During the parts where they were doing the "gender" guess/reveal Derick looks like he could slurp her off a spoon and she was only interested in playing it up for the cameras. She reminds me of half of the "cool couple" in school where one (usually the chick) plays up the oh-so-cute for her adoring fans who just ENVY her relationship with "the guy".

I think they are dipping their toes into the waters of "no press is bad press." Unfortunately for them, I do believe bad press IS actually bad press. At this point, they have been doing the show for a long time. They are probably tired of pretending and are getting lazy. Perhaps more of their true selves will be revealed soon.

Their views are too extremist to keep mainstream Christians on as fans. They are really pushing their fan base to the limit. I'd love to see it topple.

I think they are dipping their toes into the waters of "no press is bad press." Unfortunately for them, I do believe bad press IS actually bad press. At this point, they have been doing the show for a long time. They are probably tired of pretending and are getting lazy. Perhaps more of their true selves will be revealed soon.

Their views are too extremist to keep mainstream Christians on as fans. They are really pushing their fan base to the limit. I'd love to see it topple.

Yes! Bad publicity is still publicity and now they're in people; gotta get in that mag more!

Yes! Bad publicity is still publicity and now they're in people; gotta get in that mag more!

I think CinderJana might be the death of them if they've already filmed most of what goes into next season, too, and can't control what TLC portrays their kids doing to "help" each other. I think they seriously misjudged how that would come across and probably still don't understand why people find it so troubling.

I think CinderJana might be the death of them if they've already filmed most of what goes into next season, too, and can't control what TLC portrays their kids doing to "help" each other. I think they seriously misjudged how that would come across and probably still don't understand why people find it so troubling.

Their bubble may just be about to burst!

Ok I will try to post a comment for the third time. I bed $5 that one or more of those girls will come out and say that JBoob sexually abused them in a few years.

Ok I will try to post a comment for the third time. I bed $5 that one or more of those girls will come out and say that JBoob sexually abused them in a few years.

Anything can happen. :think:

But even as someone as snarky as I am about the Duggars, I would really like to believe he wouldn't do that!

I don't think JB would sexually abuse his daughters. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Jana was one of Gothard's girls, though.

I can't decide if they're getting worse or just more blatant with everything we already knew. Or maybe it's that I'm just so done with it but I am really, really disgusted with them more than I have ever been.

I just watched the Jilly Muffin ep and Jim Bob absolutely grossed me out with the sex talk. It's as though that is ALL that matters about marriage to them. When asked what Jill and Derek might be looking forward to most he should have said getting to live together, know each other better, build a life together, make their home...that kind of stuff. The fact that he first went to sex is really, really disgusting. I'm just...extremely grossed out at how often he discusses sex in reference to his daughter. Completely inappropriate and crossing the line into perversion.

It's very disgusting! On the episode where they are in the "mansion" and Jim Bob starts making comments about sex when he, Jill & Derrick are looking at the bedroom...just :brain-bleach:

I did find it weird the JB was the one at the wedding to announce, "AND YOU MAY NOW KISS THE BRIDE :D " Like, why. Just why?

I did find it weird the JB was the one at the wedding to announce, "AND YOU MAY NOW KISS THE BRIDE :D " Like, why. Just why?

It's a tradition in Gothard-world. We saw it with Josh and Anna and Erin and Chad as well. Something about the transfer of authority. It's pretty creepy, IMO.

It's a tradition in Gothard-world. We saw it with Josh and Anna and Erin and Chad as well. Something about the transfer of authority. It's pretty creepy, IMO.

Jim Bob outside the newlyweds' bedroom window (spoken in a hushed tone), "And NOW you may penetrate my daughter!"

Yes, the whole fundie "transfer of authority" thing from the father to the husband is just creepy. I just cringe at all the weird announcements and photos my family has received for the father-daughter purity balls. Thank goodness those weren't around in the 80's!

Also, when familes take the "Date Night with Dad" thing a little too far. I really don't think they even realize how weird this behavior is to most people.

I don't think JB has done anything to any of his kids, but I have wondered if something happened to Michelle as a child or teen. Maybe the extreme sheltering and control of her own daughters is a way she feels she can protect them.

It wouldn't surprise me if JB might abuse his daughters. He's so interested in their sex lives and views them as property. And it wouldn't surprise me if Gothard or one of their brothers or another authority figure abuse them. They will hide it and make the girl feel guilty about it

I don't think JB would sexually abuse his daughters. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Jana was one of Gothard's girls, though.

BINGO- I thought this from the onset of hearing about the Gothard issues.

I don't think JB has done anything to any of his kids, but I have wondered if something happened to Michelle as a child or teen. Maybe the extreme sheltering and control of her own daughters is a way she feels she can protect them.

I've thought the same thing several times. It makes sense. They've spoken of Michelle wearing an evil bikini in front of her neighbor. If something had happened, I can imagine it would have been turned around on her and made to be her fault for being so immodest and tempting a man with her skimpy clothing. Didn't she also ditch cheerleading senior year? That's a strange time to ditch the sport.

I'm just getting the hang of this extremist fundie thing but wouldn't it stand to reason that if Jana was a "gothard girl" that she would be 'damaged goods' and therefore undesirable in fundie circles...should there be rumors or gossip that is? in that case, her continued single status would be expected, yes? please correct me if i'm thinking in the wrong direction.

I have wondered if one of the older bothers could have tried something of a sexual nature with Jana? I know sexual frustration must plague some of the older ones and since masturbation is not allowed, it may have caused one of them to do something. It isn't natural to deny a young person the right to explore their own bodies, that is asking for trouble. No one can wait for marriage to relieve sexual desires. They are so isolated and confined to that compound something is bound to occur...IMO.

I have wondered if one of the older bothers could have tried something of a sexual nature with Jana? I know sexual frustration must plague some of the older ones and since masturbation is not allowed, it may have caused one of them to do something. It isn't natural to deny a young person the right to explore their own bodies, that is asking for trouble. No one can wait for marriage to relieve sexual desires. They are so isolated and confined to that compound something is bound to occur...IMO.

I think masturbation would be more likely. Just because you're not supposed to, doesn't mean you won't. Fetuses even jerk off in the womb, both boys and girls.

I know masterbation is not allowed but I do not believe for 1 hot minute that the boys are not engaging in it. Shower time! I am sure they feel guilty as all get out though. To bad they do not realize that this is oh so very normal for boys/men and it is nothing to feel ashamed about.

I've actually seen accusations against some of the older boys online in the comments of a FB post by someone who claimed to know them. But I can't imagine, even if something like that did happen and JB and Michelle discovered it, that they'd ever let anyone else find out.

I don't think it's possible that one or more of the children haven't been subjected to something at some point. For people who keep their kids so isolated from the rest of the world, they expose them to many, many people. Gothard is a likely suspect. As is any number of fundie men and older boys that the children have come into contact with over the years.

Archived