IGNORED

if you didn't know their names!

actuallyjessica

this is sort of in the same vein (names!) as the other thread about the j names, so mods, i understand if you wish to merge the 2 topics.

i have a note saved (from june 2013) for names i think would suit the duggar kids, had they not gone with the j names and i didn't know their names. i often look at people and think they don't look like their name. for instance, there's an old man (let's call him bob!) i know, and even though i know his name, i always have to stop myself from saying the hi, graham. this happens to me with quite a few people.

--

Josh = Andrew (Andy) Paul

Jana = Katherine (Katie) Mary

John-David = Bradley (Brad) James

Jill = Elizabeth (Lizzy) Anne

Jessa = Stephanie Louise

Jinger = Alyssa Naomi

Joseph = Nicholas (Nick) Benjamin

Josiah = Daniel (Danny) Peter

Joyanna = Lauren Susannah

Jeremiah = Noah Matthew

Jedidiah = Thomas (Tom) Isaac

Jason = Zachary (Zach) Lucas

James = Alexander (Alex) Jared

Justin = Blake Simon

Jackson = Colin Levi

Johanna = Zoey Judith

Jennifer = Emily Grace

Jordyn = Sophia Ruth

Josie = Abigail (Abi) Candace

Mackynzie = Ava Delilah

Michael = Jack Gabriel

Marcus = Ethan Silas

Anna = Megan (Meg) Julia

Michelle = Susan Mary

Jim-Bob = David Paul

darn it, i just realised i didn't add the last part to the post. and i can't edit it in for some reason.

it basically is meant to ask what others would've called the duggar kids? taking in consideration to name trends, personality, etc.

Before I start let me remind everyone I'm Australian. Names tend to mean different things in different places so what is a pretty girls name in New York may be a girl who wrestles cattle here.

I agree with most of your J name substitutions. The ones I don't like:

# Joseph / Nicholas = Nicholas or Nick are usually nice lads. They go to private schools and become engineers. Not a name for Joseph. I'm going to call him Braydon.

# Josiah / Daniel = Daniel is too bogan. I like Peter though. I'm going to call him Peter Matthew.

# Joy / Lauren = Too private school ballet girl type for Joy. Piper Danielle.

# Jackson / Colin = No! Not to stereotype or anything (ha) but every Colin I know is gay. Not just attracted to men but lycra and spandex wearing mardi gras parade marching gay. That's not Jackson.

# The M kids = No changes to their M names. I think they suit them perfectly. (I hate M thing but each individual name is good.)

Jim-Bob ... Isn't it obvious? ... The man should be called Randy. (Not sure if others use the name this way but I'm sure all Aussies and Kiwis will agree.)

I can actually really see Jana as a Katie, Jessa as a Stephanie, Jackson as a Colin and Hannie as a Zoey.

thanks ;)

Before I start let me remind everyone I'm Australian. Names tend to mean different things in different places so what is a pretty girls name in New York may be a girl who wrestles cattle here.

# Joseph / Nicholas = Nicholas or Nick are usually nice lads. They go to private schools and become engineers. Not a name for Joseph. I'm going to call him Braydon.

# Josiah / Daniel = Daniel is too bogan. I like Peter though. I'm going to call him Peter Matthew.

# Jackson / Colin = No! Not to stereotype or anything (ha) but every Colin I know is gay. Not just attracted to men but lycra and spandex wearing mardi gras parade marching gay. That's not Jackson.

# The M kids = No changes to their M names. I think they suit them perfectly. (I hate M thing but each individual name is good.)

Jim-Bob ... Isn't it obvious? ... The man should be called Randy. (Not sure if others use the name this way but I'm sure all Aussies and Kiwis will agree.)

i'm australian, too. and i based the names off the american trends, not ours. and i can't help what i think the kids look/act like. those names just come to me. but YES at jimbob looking like his name would be randy... for the reason we 'get' and also he just looks like one.

So can we all just call him Randy Duggar from now on?

i approve this message.

Jinger as Alyssa makes me think of Alyssa Bates Webster too much. I could see her as a Chloe.

ETA - Really, though, I'd change her to anything that's spelled remotely correctly. Chloe, Khloe, etc.

I also have a dream that Johanna escapes and starts going by just Hannah to separate from the rest of the J's.

These are great! I agree on pretty much of all them, and it made me laugh! (The original M names, though, I think fit them pretty well.)

I agree, I like the M names. Would you fix the spelling for poor Kynzie though?

I have never had the urge to rename people, but the names you gave them seem really fitting and hilarious! Randy is spot on!

As much as I hate the spelling of Mackynzie, they did spell it that way so it wouldn't be the same as one if Josh's cousins. I can understand doing that. We have four Andrews and two Rachels in the family and it's still a pain.

I'd still change it - I can just understand why they did it.

Archived