IGNORED

Well. That was fast. (Mark Driscoll)

Firiel

religionnews.com/2014/10/21/mark-driscoll-back-offers-spontaneous-address/

Driscoll is back in the news after "spontaneously" giving a short speech at a conference that he asked to simply attend after a decision that he would not be a key speaker as planned.

His family is being threatened, apparently:

When his children wanted to camp in the back of his house, the family “woke up in the morning about 6:30 or so, and huge rocks about the size of baseballs come flying at my kids,†he said.

Driscoll said that days later media flew over his house in a helicopter. He said his 8-year-old son came down wearing a military jacket, loading up his Airsoft rifle, asking if his jacket was bullet proof. “He didn’t have any concept of media coverage,†Driscoll said. “He thought it was bad guys coming to kill his family.â€

I, of course, immediately thought of our Patron Wanker, Sir Cabinetman himself and his wife's terror at the thought of the feminists.

what a drama queen, for real. even though i was pretty sheltered, as a child i still knew the difference between military helicopters and press (or weather) helicopters. dumbass.

Someone threw a rock at our tent once when we were camped out in the backyard. Came very close to hitting one of us kids in the head.

I kinda don't doubt someone threw rocks at Mark's tent, but I'm not sure if it was anything personal.

He is being viewed as a martyr and as the victim to an Internet mob.

This is ridiculous. I can't believe this asshat still has supporters. PEOPLE ON MY FACEBOOK ARE SUPPORTING THIS ABUSIVE FUCK.

:pull-hair: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-banghead:

Setting aside that he probably made all of that up...exactly what have you been teaching an 8 year old so that he hears a helicopter and automatically thinks about bulletproof attire, military attacks and arming himself? Most 8 year old boys living in wealthy neighborhoods of modern American cities are going to be more apt to be going "cool, a helicopter".

Setting aside that he probably made all of that up...exactly what have you been teaching an 8 year old so that he hears a helicopter and automatically thinks about bulletproof attire, military attacks and arming himself? Most 8 year old boys living in wealthy neighborhoods of modern American cities are going to be more apt to be going "cool, a helicopter".

For that matter, why does an 8 year old know about all this drama at all? If I were in his position, I would tell a child that young that dad wasn't going to work at Mars Hill anymore and that I'd be home more (yay!) while looking for another job while assuring the kid there was plenty saved up while I looked. If he asked me why, I'd just say that it wasn't the best place for me to be working anymore and I thought that I thought it was time for a change.

The older ones would need more than that because of school and the Internet, but why does the 8 year old know enough to be terrified?!

For that matter, why does an 8 year old know about all this drama at all? If I were in his position, I would tell a child that young that dad wasn't going to work at Mars Hill anymore and that I'd be home more (yay!) while looking for another job while assuring the kid there was plenty saved up while I looked. If he asked me why, I'd just say that it wasn't the best place for me to be working anymore and I thought that I thought it was time for a change.

The older ones would need more than that because of school and the Internet, but why does the 8 year old know enough to be terrified?!

Exactly.

And is Driscoll and his drama so important in the grand scheme of things that the media is hiring helicopters to fly over his house? Really? He isn't George Clooney getting married. TMZ does not care.

It was probably a traffic helicopter.

religionnews.com/2014/10/21/mark-driscoll-back-offers-spontaneous-address/

Driscoll is back in the news after "spontaneously" giving a short speech at a conference that he asked to simply attend after a decision that he would not be a key speaker as planned.

His family is being threatened, apparently:

[

I realize I'm donning my Bitchy McBitcherson pants here, but I can't imagine why any Seattle media would consider Driscoll and his family important and/or newsworthy enough to buzz his house in a helicopter. One of the local media actually approached the gate (!) in front of his house and buzzed the security intercom; Driscoll answered and pretended to be someone else (what a tool) and then acted like there were people on his front doorstep with automatic weapons.

I think he's a liar. I don't believe his insistence the family is "threatened". He lives behind a security gate. I'm sure the neighborhood in question's police department are well acquainted with the Driscolls' location. I'd like to see a police report before believing a word that comes out of his mouth, especially since two of the richest men on the planet live here and are left alone for the most part.

One more thing: I am very worried about his wife and the kids. I think they're in a hell of a lot more danger from him than they are from any outsiders. I hope extended family and friends are keeping the wife and kids close and will not hesitate to call in police or mental health professionals if they are needed.

At the moment, I'm reading the book about Kate Gosselin written by a tabloid writer paid to follow her around. While complaining loudly about paparazzi, she never spared an opportunity to market herself. Grace should dump Mark and he and Kate should get together.

At the moment, I'm reading the book about Kate Gosselin written by a tabloid writer paid to follow her around. While complaining loudly about paparazzi, she never spared an opportunity to market herself. Grace should dump Mark and he and Kate should get together.

As long as they don't have custody of any of the children!

Driscoll made an appearance at a national pastor's conference this week. Originally he was supposed to be speaking there but was taken off the schedule after the trainwreck began. But guess what? He still gets to speak! To a standing ovation! In a faux-spontaneous way in which he takes the whole time to use his family to generate sympathy. You can watch the whole nauseating 7 minutes below:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepoliti ... ot-lately/

What makes me most angry is that because he has international reach, there are plenty of people like the audience at this conference who won't bother to discover what really happened but will instead pity him, shake their heads at how sad it is when the church "shoots their wounded" and gobble up his toxic teaching.

Archived