IGNORED

CM rounds up men like cattle

jerkit

Errr, has very few comments, so he's on a fishing expedition. Because he's that insecure.

amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/10/21/two-week-round-up/

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't read the post because I don't like going to his site, but I wonder what the correlation between telling people you aren't going to let their posts through and editing posts is to having low comments :think:

Haven't read the post because I don't like going to his site, but I wonder what the correlation between telling people you aren't going to let their posts through and editing posts is to having low comments :think:

For your reading pleasure

It’s that time of year around here where every rancher is out combing every break and thicket for his cattle. All summer they’ve been on the free range and by November 1st they’ve got to be back on their home pasture. Many of these ornery critters find their own way home as they remember the promise of alfalfa & hay. Those less trusting remember that the steers get packed up every year and are never heard from again. Those fellows have to be rounded up and herded back home.

There are still many ranches that do it the old fashioned way- cowboys on horseback. But it’s not rare to see four wheeler’s used either. Once in awhile you’ll even see them driving slow, someone sitting on the back of a tailgate slowly letting out a little hay or grain enticing the bovines home. I’m sure some methods are both more nostalgic and effective than others.

Because I’m just a straight forward kind of guy. A guy that can’t ride horses. Maybe a little slower of wit but not slow of foot or lacking in back strength. My usual method is searching the ten to twelve spots the couple head of mine who get out will usually congregate. Walking up to them and throwing a lariat around their neck and then dragging them back to the horse trailer by sheer force. Yeah, it probably won’t work when I’m 50 but it has not failed me yet. Each year the scorecard reads Cattle 0 Robert 1 or 2, depending on the amount of cattle that break containment and get out of the fence.

I’ve used this method with both bulls, cows, steers and heifers. Now that I think about it, that is not true. One year I had a bull that wouldn’t let me get close enough to lariat him- so I shot him. Made some fine hamburger.

So here’s the deal, it’s round-up time. It’s been two weeks since we came back from being out to pasture. So I’m trying to round-up a few more bulls and steers. I’m thankful for all the cows and heifers I’ve got. The herd is looking strong by the numbers but I think we are a little short on males in the herd. The herd is about the same size of what it was before we went to summer pasture and I’m interested in locating some men who are interested in doing some kingdom work both in our own families and for the kingdom.

When I started this gathering place my hope was it would be a place that would not align with the christian blogs or the christian manosphere. I believe both are pushed too far in opposite directions. I know how to get big readership, but that is not what I am after. I’m just looking for some men that want to change the world, starting with their own families. Twelve did it last time, I’m sure it would suffice this time. So I’m out roping- slow of wit, but not lacking in force. If you do know of a watering hole where a few strays are hanging out though I’d be glad to go take a look. If they happen to be on your own property though don’t be afraid to give them started in the right direction.

Lastly, round-up time is a time to check the herd and the winter range over. Make sure feed has been put up properly and make sure we are ready for the hard winter months ahead. If something has to be dealt with this is the best time of year to do it. So it’s time to check for heel flies, infected hooves, and predators that might have snuck in amongst the cattle. In other words, today is the day you get to spout off or ask questions. If it’s been nagging or needs addressing today is your day, you don’t have to stay on topic but chaos reigns- kind of like an old fashioned round-up.

In Christ, Robert

oh yeah, he's fishing big time. i wonder if anyone besides us even realizes he's back yet?

oh yeah, he's fishing big time. i wonder if anyone besides us even realizes he's back yet?

I also think having the comments on moderation deters “real†commenters.

From the "just making crap up" files.

He might have a job in writing crappy Western-ish novellas if he actually had a grasp on the English language.

I think he's in desperate need of commenters AND he's hoping one of us will sneak over to ask the questions we were discussing yesterday. I'm not going to ask him. I'm going to wait until he "receives an email" about my questions.

I’ve used this method with both bulls, cows, steers and heifers. Now that I think about it, that is not true. One year I had a bull that wouldn’t let me get close enough to lariat him- so I shot him. Made some fine hamburger.

I'm going to call BULLSHIT on this.

First off, how many damn bulls does this man keep in his herd? Generally you have one bull for every 25-50 cows/heifer, and you purchase them specifically for their genetics. He mentions steers, so he clearly cuts the young bulls, so this would have been breeding stock. You might have to use a bit of coercion to get compliance with bulls and you have to be cautious because they are large and often aggressive animals. But unless CM is using too many steroids himself, only an idiot would shoot a valuable bull that would need to be replaced, not to mention dealt with immediately to hang/bleed it out, dress it, etc. Killing off your breeding stock in a fit of pique seems unlikely and stupid, but might be a classic CM Move.

First off, how many damn bulls does this man keep in his herd? Generally you have one bull for every 25-50 cows/heifer, and you purchase them specifically for their genetics. He mentions steers, so he clearly cuts the young bulls, so this would have been breeding stock. You might have to use a bit of coercion to get compliance with bulls and you have to be cautious because they are large and often aggressive animals. But unless CM is using too many steroids himself, only an idiot would shoot a valuable bull that would need to be replaced, not to mention dealt with immediately to hang/bleed it out, dress it, etc. Killing off your breeding stock in a fit of pique seems unlikely and stupid, but might be a classic CM Move.

so either he's lying, stupid, or totally ignorant of the terms of his own trade (a very special brand of stupid, then).

which is it, cm? will there be a post edit in the future? if there is, then we know you're reading here :P

So he moved to Alaska about 5 minutes ago, and yet has an established herd of cattle?

He said in his comments a few days ago that he indeed did NOT move to Alaska.

He said in his comments a few days ago that he indeed did NOT move to Alaska.

So he lied to us?! :mouse-shock:

I am scandalized.

Thank you! My extended family had a few sheep and mostly horses, but every cattleman I ever knew would have shot himself before shooting one of his prized bulls. Bulls are big money, yo.

So he lied to us?! :mouse-shock:

I am scandalized.

next thing you know, we'll find out he lied about his wife being scared for her life (or that he lied to her about what was happening and scared her).

The business sale fell through.

Or he totes lied to everyone.

i still refer to my above picture, because nobody says it better than james earl jones.

So far he's been a woodworker, a gold miner, and now he's a rancher. What's next? Firefighter? Sheriff of Dodge City? Batman?

so either he's lying, stupid, or totally ignorant of the terms of his own trade (a very special brand of stupid, then).

which is it, cm? will there be a post edit in the future? if there is, then we know you're reading here :P

I think in addition to fishing for comments, this post is also an effort to prove to us that he does, indeed, have a REAL farm.

Because now he has a few horses, a few goats, AND a few cattle! This sounds off to me too, btw. Pulling a steer home by the neck? Okay, sure. My dad takes a steer to auction/the butcher every year (it's a hobby thing!), and the first year, he actually tried to just manhandle the steer into the trailer. Let's just say it didn't really work. And this was a pretty tame steer that was bottle-fed and only needed to be led a few feet. I can't imagine someone pulling steer and bulls (?!) by the neck who-knows-how-far. But then, my dad's not big as a mountain, and he's probably not stronger than 97% of men!

So far he's been a woodworker, a gold miner, and now he's a rancher. What's next? Firefighter? Sheriff of Dodge City? Batman?

no, he's NOT allowed to be batman.

i spose, if he really wants, he can be john stewart as green lantern, because john stewart kinda sucks (imo...i'm biased because i'm a hal jordan girl all the way, though i also like kyle rayner).

Walter? Walter Mitty, is that you?

newyorker.com/magazine/1939/03/18/the-secret-life-of-walter-mitty-2

Walter? Walter Mitty, is that you?

newyorker.com/magazine/1939/03/18/the-secret-life-of-walter-mitty-2

Oh god no. Walter Mitty was a sweet soul. He doesn't deserve to be linked to CM, who is malevolent.

Cabinetman, did you just call your female readers "cows and heifers"?

Ken, how do you feel about him talking about your preshus Lori that way? (I know you prefer to call her "that bitch" under your breath, but this is another dude badmouthing her. A command man must not let that stand!!!!)

Archived