IGNORED

Laura Munck is pregnant with twins

Violet

Joe and Amanda just had their first baby - a daughter named Phebe Laura. No other details yet. I got this from an Instagram not the blog.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's how they spelled it, which could possibly be an error but I googled it and Phebe is how some people used to spell it. Could be a family name.

Well, so the Munck girls are friends with the Kautt girls and one of the Kautt girls is named Phoebe, so maybe that's where the name came from?

kauttchronicles.blogspot.com/

Phoebe and Abby and Johanna Kautt just took a road trip and spent a day with the Muncks (although only Elizabeth and Can't-Remember-Her-Name appear on the video starting at 15:35 through about 16:50). They don't mention seeing the twins or seeing Amanda's new baby, but imagine they did if they were there around January 5 (as they say).

I think the baby was just born. And Amanda lives in Texas, not in TN.

Well, they ended up in Texas, too, but to visit their grandparents and probably not Amanda.

Ah. I didn't watch the whole thing. Just that minute. Elizabeth looks good.

Elizabeth looks great -- her short hair is adorable. Again, so glad she dodged that Maxwell bullet and now that I know she knows the Kautt girls, I have every hope that none of them will end up in Maxhell either. They are already heathens in that they wear jeans, but I don't think they were always that lax. When they lived in TX, they were skirt girls, but things seemed to have relaxed after their pastor daddy lost his job (not sure what happened there) and they moved to Oklahoma. Interesting family, but I think like the Muncks, they take themselves much more lightly than they used to.

Wow; that's neat! Good to see the Munck ladies having fun with friends, and these young ladies as well. And hey, there was dancing at that wedding.......and CCM and everything. Nothing to snark on, lol.

Wow; that's neat! Good to see the Munck ladies having fun with friends, and these young ladies as well. And hey, there was dancing at that wedding.......and CCM and everything. Nothing to snark on, lol.

And the fact that the 3 Kautt girls were allowed to take a road trip on their own without "adult supervision" is really cool. They covered a lot of miles, stayed in hotels by themselves, all without a headship. Honestly, even 5 years ago, I'm not sure their father would have allowed that, but I do think they've relaxed their principles a little. I don't know how old the girls are, but they seem responsible and employable and would make great helpmeets should they chose that path.

ETA: I have watched a few of their father's sermons, however. And he's a Bible thumper, alright. I'd love to know the backstory on why he got (what appears to be) fired (okay, he "resigned", but we all know what that means) from his job as pastor at a church in McKinney, TX a couple years ago.

I think Phebe might be how it's spelled in the KJV but don't quote me on that. I know it used to be a very common spelling.

I think Phebe might be how it's spelled in the KJV but don't quote me on that. I know it used to be a very common spelling.

You are right!

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans+16&version=KJV

(Edited to fix link)

You are right!

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans+16&version=KJV

(Edited to fix link)

I don't care for the spelling at all. My brain keeps wanting to think it's pronounced "Feeb" instead of "Fee-bee".

I don't care for the spelling at all. My brain keeps wanting to think it's pronounced "Feeb" instead of "Fee-bee".

ME TOO. And then I go into all sorts of possible variants... Feebs, Feebster... It looks so weird.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering how the Munck's were doing since there have been no posts for awhile. I'm not sure how search engines work, but I had checked the Munck's blog and then I had been looking at cruises. It is spring break and a few neighbors were going on cruises and since I have a chronic health issue I was checking into how a cruise might be for me. I was shocked that my search turned up that Arthur's brother died this week on a Disney cruise. It seemed to be out of no where and he four young sons. So much stress for the Munck's trying to finish the houses, having twins in the NICU and losing a brother/Uncle in a short timeframe (who must have been close because I saw he worked at the Doogie daycare). I hope the family is doing okay.

Wow how sad. I saw his wife's facebook and she said it was probably a heart attack. Just devastating for the family :(

Archived