IGNORED

Anna's sister had a baby out of wedlock?

AniLand

I just saw on the Duggar's and Bates's Confessions blog that Anna's sister Susanna had a baby out of wedlock. I never knew about this. Do you guys know anything about it? How long ago was it? Who is the father? Are they still together? How did her parents/family handle it? Etc?

suze ran a while ago, i don't remember under what circumstances, though. she's been out of the fundie lifestyle for a while. i don't believe her and the father are still together.

Susannah had a little girl 2 or 3 years ago now.

She is no longer in the public eye and has requested privacy, so she's not talked about a lot anymore on FJ.

i did point out suze in an old episode i was watching with fiance and told him that she ran. his response: good for her! she's a pretty girl, and looks pretty spunky. she doesn't deserve that life. i hope she ran far!

The father came and posted here a few times when she was pregnant. He sounds like she's a whole lot better off without him.

He sounded like he might have about half a brain cell more than BinBob and about the same level of charisma.

Susanna moved away from her family and went to stay with her sister and brother-in-law (also no longer fundie) in Texas. I believe there were two separate guys she was involved with (not at the same time, obviously), and I can't remember which one was the father of her child, but I'm assuming it was the guy she was engaged to for a short time. I think they may have been living together in Florida at one point. He came here a few times trying to defend her - came across as really stupid and hot-heated, to be honest. Something happened, they broke up, and she moved back in with her sister in Texas. I believe her daughter's name is Noelle and she would be about 2 now?

I believe Noelle will be 2 at the end of January. At that point every Keller sister except Rebekah was pregnant. Esther was pregnant with Sophia who was born in February. Priscilla was pregnant with Paul who was born in March. Anna was pregnant with Marcus who was born in June and Susannah was pregnant with Noelle who was born in January.

The grandparents and siblings have been accepting of her and her child. There have been photos posted of her and her little girl visiting with the family. Including one at a homeschool conference. I'm sure it was a distressing time for the family initially, given their beliefs and that there appeared to be a pretty big rift for awhile. I'm glad that they all worked it out and are loving and supportive of her and don't treat her child as somehow less than their other grandchildren.

The grandparents and siblings have been accepting of her and her child. There have been photos posted of her and her little girl visiting with the family. Including one at a homeschool conference. I'm sure it was a distressing time for the family initially, given their beliefs and that there appeared to be a pretty big rift for awhile. I'm glad that they all worked it out and are loving and supportive of her and don't treat her child as somehow less than their other grandchildren.

I couldn't imagine the Duggars doing this if a kid choose to run. However ma & pa Keller actually like their kids; not just the oldest and the youngest.

I couldn't imagine the Duggars doing this if a kid choose to run. However ma & pa Keller actually like their kids; not just the oldest and the youngest.

there was definitely an adjustment period after the initial shock, but i'm glad they came to and accepted their daughter and granddaughter, circumstances of conception be damned. it shows that they're more about walking the walk than the duggers ever will be.

Really? I think most of them would likely come around. I think for the most part they are a lot more worldly than they play up for the show. I'm sure it would be a disappointment to them, since it would be against their values, but I think most of them would end up being supportive and relieved if just because the unwed mom/ dad didn't go against what seems to be their biggest value - and have an abortion.

I think Michelle would have a harder time with it than Jim Bob, because she seems super anxious about everyone being completely no- touch until marriage. And I imagine some siblings would be 100% supportive right off the bat! while others might be superior and judgy.

If anything, after some awkward explanations and fighting behind the scenes - I think they'd present the new baby and his/her parent(s) as an example of a God loving all children. All children being a blessing no matter the circumstances, choose life etc. etc.

I just saw on the Duggar's and Bates's Confessions blog that Anna's sister Susanna had a baby out of wedlock. I never knew about this. Do you guys know anything about it? How long ago was it? Who is the father? Are they still together? How did her parents/family handle it? Etc?

Yep, old news. You can search her name on Facebook and see a few pictures, with short hair and shorts and very modern and non-fundie looking. Seems like she had a rough time at first but is okay now!

I was under the impressions that the Kellers had basically disowned at least one (perhaps two?) of their children for non living up to their family standards.

I was under the impressions that the Kellers had basically disowned at least one (perhaps two?) of their children for non living up to their family standards.

Definitely not, unless you have a really loose definition of "disown". They may not be super thrilled with some of the life choices their children have made and may have expressed disapproval, however there is copious photographic evidence that shows that ALL Keller children and grandchildren are invited to and welcome at family events and that Ma and Pa Keller interact at least somewhat pleasantly with all kids/grandkids.

I'm sure there's more friction with some of their children than with others, but at the end of the day, they haven't excluded or cut ties with any children based upon their life choices.

i had also been under the impression of the "shunning" of certain members, but apparently it's not true. or at least, is no longer true. i could see initial shock making them distance themselves from those children, but considering they all interact now, if there was anything, it's in the past now.

:dance:

I think the Kellers tolerate rather than show real love and affection to their wayward children. A couple of pictures don't mean shit.

I will definitely change my opinion if anyone can find and post a recent picture of their eldest son, Daniel, looking happy and included in a Keller family photo.

Just one photo. Parents must be in said photo.

I was under the impression they were disowned too. I'm not going to go on fb to look for pictures, but I'll take your words for it if they are welcomed back into the family.Especially if proof is provided.

As for the Duggars, I think they would definitely shun their children, and if they DID forgive them eventually, it wouldn't be until years and years later, probably on their deathbeds or something.

Found her photos on Facebook. I had NO idea about this sister. I can't believe how much she looks like Anna and how much her little girl looks like Anna's kids!

Does someone have "insider information"? How would anyone know if they had been shunned or accepted??

Found her photos on Facebook. I had NO idea about this sister. I can't believe how much she looks like Anna and how much her little girl looks like Anna's kids!

Does someone have "insider information"? How would anyone know if they had been shunned or accepted??

The idea that various siblings were shunned comes from many comments that were made by one of the siblings spouses here on FJ, and comments from one of the sons, and I believe Susana on social media. And there was a big family gathering that the parents apparently boycotted. But that was quite awhile ago.

The idea that they are accepted now comes from various photos and posts on social media showing the family together, the grandparents cuddling with Susana's daughter, etc.

The main take-away, in my opinion, is don't have your family fights publicly online and no one will even know about it after it's all resolved. ;)

Most fundie's I know would never come right out and admit they avoid a child, sibling, etc. due to their leaving the flock. It's a bit more covert than that. In my family- I have one sister who will not allow me to have her children alone without a fundie chaperone along. She has never said that, but I caught on pretty quick that even taking her kids to Lunar Golf or the park was not going to happen unless another Bible Believing adult could come along.

I think that is the MO with Anna's family- it's not shunning but just that you spend more time with the family members that you "have more in common with"

Archived