IGNORED

My Five Wives

Alexandra

Didn't get to watch it, must have been on during TWD and TTD.

The commercials kinda ick me out, much moreso than the Browns ever did and I did watch every episode of that until they got the houses in Vegas built.

I've watched the first whole season but if there's a new season, I haven't seen it yet. I find the wives in this show to be much more hopeless and downtrodden than the Browns. The women seem so meek and helpless and weepy. I know there's issues with the Brown family but the women seem much more independent and have a stronger fighting spirit.

I've watched it, and it's interesting to me. They no longer take part in the belief system that got them into polygamy in the first place, so they're basically staying together because that's the only way to not dismantle their entire family. So that's kind of sad, in a way, but as individuals I like them wayyy better than the Browns. I find most of them unlikeable.

I think the issue is there is not much drama or fighting. The wives are good at keeping it sweet. I think some wives actually like each other and some keep it sweet and complain in private.

Last night we see 3 kids graduate from high school with 4.0's and full scholarships. They wives express happiness at the daughters accomplishments and hope for their futures. They have a camp out and a Costco cake. Compare that to the Browns season of Westminster crying and Janelle and Meri glaring over money and college costs and where can we sit at graduation, my kids graduation is more important. The Browns make better tv but certainly are not typical of polygamy. Even though they have left the faith, Brady & wives are more typical of polygamists.

Another issue is they focus on the wives more then the kids. I have seen many Brown fans that love the Browns kids and feel like they know the kids. Brady's kids don't get much screen time and we don't know much about them except they are good students and none want to carry on polygamy.

I've always wanted to know how they left their religion. They said they just became more progressive but I find it interesting that the five women could all shed the intense religion they grew up with.

I've always wanted to know how they left their religion. They said they just became more progressive but I find it interesting that the five women could all shed the intense religion they grew up with.

Same here. You don't really see women leaving religions like that, probably because the "keep sweet" thing is so ingrained. I do think they're more likeable than the Browns are.

:trainwreck: The reason why we watch these type of shows.

Brady is worlds more likable than Kody. He really doesn't even squick me out at all. I think Brady and maybe a couple of the wives wanted to leave the church and the rest followed suit. They all still seem to hold on to some of the values and beliefs. I enjoy watching the show for whatever reason and it doesn't make me cringe too much.

i haven't watched the show, but imo, likely the husband led the charge with the loosening of their tight religious reigns until they were shed completely.

I think the issue is there is not much drama or fighting. The wives are good at keeping it sweet. I think some wives actually like each other and some keep it sweet and complain in private.

Last night we see 3 kids graduate from high school with 4.0's and full scholarships. They wives express happiness at the daughters accomplishments and hope for their futures. They have a camp out and a Costco cake. Compare that to the Browns season of Westminster crying and Janelle and Meri glaring over money and college costs and where can we sit at graduation, my kids graduation is more important. The Browns make better tv but certainly are not typical of polygamy. Even though they have left the faith, Brady & wives are more typical of polygamists.

Another issue is they focus on the wives more then the kids. I have seen many Brown fans that love the Browns kids and feel like they know the kids. Brady's kids don't get much screen time and we don't know much about them except they are good students and none want to carry on polygamy.

So three women were pregnant at the same time? I saw a clip of the show yesterday, this show isn't my cup of tea. Not because of a man having five wives but because their lives just seems dull to me

I watch!

I like Kody better than Brady, but only because I feel like even though he's over the top, Kody is who he is. He's kooky. Brady comes across, to me, not very genuine. Paulie seems like she's the type to be shy and quiet, but I feel like she runs that show behind the scenes. Nonie would drive me up a damn wall. Girl be crazy, in not a fun way. Last season, two other wives expressed desire for more children, they were told no. Nonie wants another kid and boom, let's do this. I would be livid. I think Brady appeases her to keep the crazy train at bay.

Rosemary seems awesome, and I feel bad for her in a way, because she's so fun. She seemed a lot happier last night than all of last season, and I enjoyed how she seemed to actually be happy for Robyn getting her anniversary redone. I feel like she may get walked on a lot because she's so nice.

Robyn and the last one (can't remember her name, she had the health scare) seem nice. Rosemary, Robyn, and Cancer lady seem really cool and normal other than their lifestyle. Nonie and Paulie are the two I watch for, because your drama is gonna lie in there somewhere. :popcorn2:

My headship was extremely displeased to watch this show with me last night. His response to every wife was the same:

Nonie: baby

"Is she still going on about that??"

Robyn: myyyyyy rinnnnnnnnggggg

"Is she still going on about that???"

(Repeated three more times)

Love ya!

Nonie and Paulie are the two I watch for, because your drama is gonna lie in there somewhere. :popcorn2:

Ha! Every time the new commercial comes on for next weeks episode, and Paulie says, "In my heart, I never meant to hurt her [Rosemary]", all I can think is "Yes you did!"

And really, I wouldn't blame her- bitch married her husband! (fyi, Rosemary is actually one of my favorites... I don't dislike her at all, I just think it'd be perfectly natural for any of the wives to dislike the others considering they all married the same man)

I'm not to sure about Paulie. She just seems to kind of take advantage of Brady when he is with Rosemary. Last season Paulie was always calling Brady to come and do things for her on Rosemary's nights with Brady. I couldn't blame Rosemary for getting pissed. The Cancer Lady ( Rhonda) " She is Robyn Sullivan Browns cousin which I found interesting. When the show first came on I wondered if the Browns had anything to do with getting the Williams Family at least specials.

I watch! I enjoy them but there is a helluva lot more simmering and they obviously keep sweet for the cameras. The bedroom "scenes" are the MOST AWKWARD of the whole show. They do seem to actually care about (and all even love!) each other and I appreciate that this show addresses the jealousy issues in a more realistic way than "it just makes us better!"

I was really surprised watching the new episode when Robyn got her anniversary ring given that we know Brady recently declared bankruptcy behind the scenes. I suppose they got it comped but still, if you're declaring bankruptcy you probably shouldn't be buying your wife a fancy ring.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen the most recent episode yet, but I read a recap and it's very interesting that they showed Paul, Nonie's teenage son, being upset when she announced her pregnancy. Brady said on twitter that he's proud of Paul speaking his mind. Huge contrast to the Duggars.

I disagree with them on a lot, but I feel like they are at least trying to do the right thing and are willing to change if necessary.

I read on their twitter (https://twitter.com/BradyandWives) that Karlie's son, Huck, is still having a rough time after being born extremely premature. I definitely hope the best for him and his family.

I like them, and think they seem more real than the Browns. But that's not saying much!;)

Hey, as far as them getting out, didn't (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) Rod Williams get his church to give back mega-bucks from an older widow who got swindled from their church? Then didn't they tell them that they all needed to disavow him and stay or all get out??

Just feel so bad for Rosemary, with the allegations she's bringing forward against her father:( She just seems like the nicest one to me. Hope Huck gets keeps improving!

I saw it last night and I was like WOW these kids tell it like it is. Nonie and Brady told Nonie's kids they would be having a new sibling and there was just complete blank expressions on all of their faces, no congratulations, no excitement. The only one to say anything was the oldest son who was PISSED and said his mom was brainwashed to want more kids and he had only 3 more years of high school and then he was out of there. THEN when Nonie and Brady announce it to the whole family, you can see pregnant daughter Karlee (daughter of Brady and Paulie) shaking her head no. Then in the talking head she says she didn't like that her baby would have an aunt or uncle younger than it. Way to steal Karlee's thunder, announcing your pregnancy on the day of her baby shower.

Very interesting indeed! I was really kind of shocked at Nonies kids complete silence at the announcement. That had to have been a weird moment for them especially being filmed. Glad to see the parents be supportive of their feelings and hope its genuine. I just...can't see Brady as an abusive patriarch especially with the way his kids behave and speak. The wives upbringing clearly still agpffects their thinking though. Brady's dad is an interesting character as well.

Normally I think Brady isn't too bad, but when he described Paul's displeasure over the pregnancy as him being a teenager with his panties in a bunch I actually gasped out loud. Way to minimize Paul's (valid IMHO) concerns on national television, dude.

My fiance and I were discussing how refreshing it was to see real reactions to someone saying they are having their 25th kid. Karlee summed it up best...she goes "what the crap?!" Lol. Nonie strikes me as so annoying. Its so weird too cuz I swear that last season Brady said he was done having babies. Poor Karlee, that is a little awkward to be pregnant at the same time as your dad's "wife."

Yeah I think Nonie definitely made the call on that one. I could be misreading the situation but it appeared that Nonie wanted another baby and Brady wanted her to be happy. I don't think the panties in a bunch line was that bad. I think similarly sometimes about my 14 year old foster son, even though I completely understand his feelings at the same time it's like he'll get over it. I think Nonie can handle another baby and it likely won't take much away from the other kids in terms of resources. Each wife has 6 or less kids and they are fairly spread out in age. Quite a few of them are ready to leave the nest, the adult children appear emotionally healthy from what I can see and all are pursuing endeavors outside the family

Archived