IGNORED

All is quiet on the Benessa Wedding Front

karen77

so they are getting even more things,

was this filmed

all these "people" who know "people' who are going to the wedding or going to events

will we get any good gossip - because I for one am dying for some good gossip - maybe not even gossip but hard facts

do they look happy

are they happy

does she tell him off in public

do they look all cute

is the film crew around

i need some happy news - please - BAD WEEK

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how great- any good gossip :)

post-10046-1445199954094_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14451999541393_thumb.jpg

Cropped out the friend, for her privacy, in case she eventually makes her photo private. She got them bbq sauce from Ben's hometown :D

That doesn't seem like a big deal shower. I wonder if they'll have more than one? Like maybe this was just friends of Ben? IIRC Jill's was done by their church or after church or something, and had a big banner with Jill and Derick's names on decorated paper plates. :lol:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
...guys do go to showers, in our old fundie church esp. since the fundie marriage is so wrapped up in the guy - after all he's the new headship, and a lot of the gifts are for him too. The bridal showers that included the groom gave me mixed feelings - part jealousy because, whipped guy. :lol: and part disgust because also, whipped guy. One couple we knew, the wife even decorated his (their?) truck, that he used to commute, with floral things hanging from the mirror and stuffed throw pillows. My hubby's truck has too many empty Mt. Dew bottles and candy wrappers, old gloves, hunting crap and wadded up sweatshirts as decoration already. :twisted:

Some fundie guys just like pretty decorating, weird but true. My old fundie boss had his wife put a full-size garden trellis arch complete with fake flowers and a big water fountain in his office. It's probably a good thing for Ben and Derick that Jill and Jessa aren't into frilly stuff.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
nst I will keep my eyes and ears open for you.

Coco, that bbq joint has some of the BEST bbq sauce I have ever tasted. I buy a bottle every time I buy chicken. I wish someone would give ME McClards....

She did say Jessa was super sweet! She thought Jessa wanted to be her BFF lol.

That woman is the lead singer at the fundie church here in town.

Damn, Ben and I have more connections than I realized before.

maybe i don't know fundie lifestyle at all - but what you just said about the fundie lifestyle being wrapped around the guy - he is 19

and she is 22 - I get that she knows this - but I am just bewildered that she has do what he says all the time .....and he is the head - why can't they be joint partners

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
nst I will keep my eyes and ears open for you.

excellent thank you -

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
my mother has to go for more testing to do with ...b/c - only year 2 so i am not the happiest of daughters currently

so yes please

excellent thank you -

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
my mother has to go for more testing to do with ...b/c - only year 2 so i am not the happiest of daughters currently

so yes please

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Maybe she can go last minute and will post lots of pictures and I can PM them to you if they are private

This makes me wonder if maybe Jessa never wanted the spotlight on her wedding. In an interview someone mentioned she didn't want her courtship to be on TV, but it happened anyway. Now we are getting closer to the wedding, and theres nothing. Maybe Jill's spotlight stealing is intentional, maybe Jessa really doesn't want everyone combing over instagram and facebook the way they did for Jill's. Maybe she figures if theres no hype, people won't have their phones confiscated or whatever.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Maybe she can go last minute and will post lots of pictures and I can PM them to you if they are private

This makes me wonder if maybe Jessa never wanted the spotlight on her wedding. In an interview someone mentioned she didn't want her courtship to be on TV, but it happened anyway. Now we are getting closer to the wedding, and theres nothing. Maybe Jill's spotlight stealing is intentional, maybe Jessa really doesn't want everyone combing over instagram and facebook the way they did for Jill's. Maybe she figures if theres no hype, people won't have their phones confiscated or whatever.

I think Jessa is more private to a degree than Jill ever was

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
excellent :D

Wedding is still on. The shower was yesterday. I am friends with this person, she can't attend the wedding but she can go to the shower.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

So she was invited to the shower and wasn't invited to the wedding or she can't go to the wedding because she has a scheduling conflict? Thank you for posting and I like her shower gift--very thoughtful.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

Hmmmm...you make an excellent point. Kind of like the Princess Di/Mother Theresa death theory (that Mother Theresa "allowed" herself to die during the hype of Princess Di's untimely death, so the focus would not be on her and her death).

I wonder if Jessa tucked under Jill on purpose, rather than Jill lording over Jessa.

I think after Jill, M was tapped out.

The first 4 got all the coaching, teaching, guiding and discipline and then it all stopped. Michelle had those first 4 doing everything for all the rest of the kids- as she made and nursed babies.

Jessa doesnt know how to do anything because she was taught by kids 4.5- 1.5 years older than she.

This family makes its money off of having lots of kids- All I've learned from that is NO 2 parents can correctly and successfully raise 19 children.

I wonder if Jessa tucked under Jill on purpose, rather than Jill lording over Jessa.

I'm starting to think that's the case. Jessa does seem to be kinda anti-social sometimes...

I bet initially TLC-Bob set it up for Jessa to start courting for ratings since she was the "pretty one". Who knows... since Jessa never got attention all her own in her family, she might really like that Ben likes HER and pays attention to HER. It's something she doesn't have to share. She might even like him back?

I hope that whatever is going on in that relationship is for what is best for the two of them. They might be idiots but they deserve happiness as much as the rest of us. Now if we can just give them some birth control and a house in another state so they can figure out their relationship like normal people, they'll be golden.

I'm starting to think that's the case. Jessa does seem to be kinda anti-social sometimes...

I bet initially TLC-Bob set it up for Jessa to start courting for ratings since she was the "pretty one". Who knows... since Jessa never got attention all her own in her family, she might really like that Ben likes HER and pays attention to HER. It's something she doesn't have to share. She might even like him back?

I hope that whatever is going on in that relationship is for what is best for the two of them. They might be idiots but they deserve happiness as much as the rest of us. Now if we can just give them some birth control and a house in another state so they can figure out their relationship like normal people, they'll be golden.

Woah, maybe she is smarter than most people give her credit for. Hopefully if she is smart enough to be sneaky like that, she can find a way to limit the amount of babies she has if she doesn't want as many or decides she couldn't manage more.

Sounds plausible to me. BTW, when I clicked on the link and then hit the "go back" button, the site didn't want to let me go. :o

I really don't get the impression that Jessa dislikes the spotlight. Nobody is making her post obnoxious things about abortion holocausts, you know? That's all her. And Ben wouldn't be posting those things without Jessa enthusiastically behind it - we've seen how she wears the pants there. I mean, the things she writes make Josh look intelligent. At least with Josh I can try to believe that he HAS to say those things because it is literally his job...

I think it's more that Jill just does well in the spotlight and handles the expectations and pressures a bit better. They trust her not to publicly make mistakes. Jessa...not so much. They were going down a slippery slope reaaaally fast with her instagram for a while, and I don't think TLC wants a Duck Dynasty-level mess-up on their hands. When she starts to say things that even upset a lot of fairly conservative Christians, they're in trouble. Sure, Jill's got some of her own issues, but Jessa always seems like she has something to prove. It's a lack of maturity IMO. Ben's right there with her. They act like teenagers, totally obsessed with apperances. Jill and Derick seem happy just living their life their own way, and I think people are much more willing to watch that dynamic than to tune in to watch two sheltered children try to compare abortion to the holocaust.

My guess is that TLC told them to abruptly stop all of the nonsense so that people would forget about it by the time Jessa's wedding airs. Most people have no clue Jessa's wedding is even so soon unless they're reading all the articles like us weirdos. :lol:

It's also possible that they're easing up on the wedding news and social media postings because they've gotten a new endorsement deal. It's possible (unlikely... but possible) that their wedding will "premiere" through a magazine or online outlet instead of on the show they way Jill's has. TLC might keep the show's focus on the Dillards with Baby on the way and ship Jessa out through other affiliated sources.

If that's the case... Expect a People Magazine exclusive "Wedding Countdown" and Behind the Scenes with a possible cover and multi page spread on this wedding.

It's also possible that they're easing up on the wedding news and social media postings because they've gotten a new endorsement deal. It's possible (unlikely... but possible) that their wedding will "premiere" through a magazine or online outlet instead of on the show they way Jill's has. TLC might keep the show's focus on the Dillards with Baby on the way and ship Jessa out through other affiliated sources.

If that's the case... Expect a People Magazine exclusive "Wedding Countdown" and Behind the Scenes with a possible cover and multi page spread on this wedding.

i want and expect both

Is anyone else creeped out at how Ben is now combing his hair EXACTLY like Jim Bob? emulate much?

he probably came at the end - men do that - as well as come to the baby shower at the end apparently

This was Ben's family's shower. There are pics all over FB from assorted Seewalds.

i found some on his mother's facebook but anywhere else :D

she used some closepins to hang pictures of them - some pictures I Have never seen - some are all over the net

Archived