IGNORED

All is quiet on the Benessa Wedding Front

karen77

Any ideas as to why? It seems like because of the show they are shoving Dill's in our face, but also to put us off wondering why we haven't really heard anything about Jessa and Ben's upcoming wedding.....especially after all the uproar around her instagram posts, you'd think they would want something positive out there about them to counteract things...or at least keep the buzz going. Jill's wedding is much older news (considering it was JUNE!) that it doesn't have the same appeal, you know?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they've been reading here how no one cares anymore about Jilly Dilly's wedding and are trying to do the opposite of that couple's overexposure.

I'm still hoping it'll be, or has been, called off...

That would be just wonderful ... but I think even if either of them changed their mind they would have to go through with it.

I don't think anyone cares. Jill got all the milestones first, only a few months before. Jill was fine, she was the first daughter, and Josh's marriage is old news, he has been married years and has three kids. With Jessa, everyone saw a Duggar Daughter marriage, and now its Jessa's turn it is all about Baby Dilly. Shes old news. Also what exactly new is going to happen, its already been said that she is using all of Jill's wedding stuff. Even that is old to everyone. I hope that Jessa at least has a nice wedding day, gets some of the less weird stuff on her registry, and feels special. I don't think their marriage will last, but if she wants to get married, I hope she at least has a nice day.

Secretly I hope they have broken up though, as I think they are incompatible and will be unhappy once the excitement of sex has worn off. And I think neither are mature enough to marry.

Also she isn't the excitable type either. Jill is super emotional and excitable, therefore she is more likely to spend her time posting about how excited she is and how she has planned everything to be perfect. With Jessa, I don't think she is as excited over wedding planning, she is using all of Jill's decorations and stuff. I get the feeling that stuff like that doesn't matter to her as much. Shes not the sort to really gush over things-all she wants is a day where everyone pays attention to her and gives her presents, and then sex. Jill is more romantic and wanted everything so perfect and beautiful, and all the romantic things in the world.

I wonder if it's just because TLC realized the way they planned the timeline for Jill's wedding was a mistake? All of the smaller releases of the photos, and this loooong delay between the actual wedding and the episode...I look at the 19 kids facebook page once in a while and even the most rabid Duggar fans seem irritated that they're dragging this wedding planning nonsense on for so long when everyone knows Jill's already nearly halfway through a pregnancy.

My guess is the wait won't be as long for Jessa's episode. I could see it being aired right after the holidays, maybe mid January, and then maybe a mini-season following Jill and Derick getting ready for the baby (since we know they're filming now, or at least recently), and then of course a special for the birth by April. And by then, Jessa will probably be pregnant. Uhg...

My other thought is that if Jill and Derick could potentially get their own special/mini-season, or, God help us, a spinoff show, that could easily explain why we get such frequent updates on her life vs. Jessa's. TLC might have offered Jill opportunities that they didn't offer to Jessa...while they obviously love the Duggars, I think they realize Jill has much more potential as a cash cow. I'm not sure people would be able to stomach much more Blessa.

The best outcome would be to call the whole thing off.

2 kids with no education, skills, money or real jobs need to be getting married.

It would be kind of nice to see Jessa's wedding long before the "we're expecting" announcement. I agree with the above assessment. This season has dragged on way too long. It's ridiculous.

It would be kind of nice to see Jessa's wedding long before the "we're expecting" announcement. I agree with the above assessment. This season has dragged on way too long. It's ridiculous.

Agree.

The rather immature side of me loves that Jill is noticeably pregnant IRL, yet to the TV audience she is still single.

Piss poor choreographing, IMO. Jill"s wedding either should have been show #1 of the season or a VSE before the start of this season. I doubt I'll watch the actual first time it's shown. I've already moved on to Jessa's wedding.

Planning is still moving along. Some of my friends were talking g about seeing Jessa and the film crew van outside a wedding stuff store last week. I have yet to make a Bless a encounter. Some people have all the luck. ;-)

I can just see those two making a sloppy mess of their first kiss... 8-)

Which is okay because they've never kissed anyone before.

My first kiss was lovely (by 14yo standards or what not) but I'm sure that's because the other party knew what they were doing!

I suspect the quiet is due to TLC. They really did bungle their coverage of Jill's wedding. Each week I tune in and think I'm finally going to see it, but no, here's yet another episode about wedding plans without an actual wedding. Meanwhile, we all know Jill is pregnant, we've all seen the baby bump photos. I think it confuses some viewers to see wedding hype on TLC while reading about yet another Duggar wedding on the Internet.

I wouldn't be surprised if TLC has asked them to tone down their posting, or their parents had a "come to Jesus" talk with them about how social media is evil and causes them to get attacked by the world. Which is disheartening to think about, because we all know what a deeply controlled existence they have anyway.

It's not weird for men to attend the wedding shower. I've heard of it happening lots of times. They don't call them "bridal showers", but rather "wedding showers" and they are attended by men on both sides of the family.Not unusual.

interesting...although Jill did post a pic today of her and Derrick, it was cute I thought, her belly is getting bigger too :)

That article is awesome, it covers all the bases including Ben's dad's Hitler remarks. :lol: Keeping the flames alive!

That article is awesome, it covers all the bases including Ben's dad's Hitler remarks. :lol: Keeping the flames alive!

I read this one today too. I swear they use FJ as sources hehe!

Archived