IGNORED

Jana is sad, because JB is neglecting his Headship for her

whitegirl22

Jana being too shy is not something a fundie man would ever complain about. Most women have a hard time "learning" that talking too much is annoying to their headship. Also, they are counseled to not let friendships interfere with their duties at home. The more docile and mute- the more fundie men will flock to a girl.

I don't think her parents have said no she can't court- I think Jana is waiting to do things in her own time. First, probably because she knows that the longer she puts off getting married, that is a just a bit longer before the pressure to start popping out her own kids.

I really don't think that many suitors are exactly knocking down the Duggars door to meet the older girls. The Duggar kids do get to go out and do fun stuff for the show, but it's usually activities or places that are filled with non-fundies. The family seems to have very few lasting relationships. The show makes it seem like the Bates are the Duggars best friends- but I really do not think the families are as close as TLC would like to make it seem.

Jana being too shy is not something a fundie man would ever complain about. Most women have a hard time "learning" that talking too much is annoying to their headship. Also, they are counseled to not let friendships interfere with their duties at home. The more docile and mute- the more fundie men will flock to a girl.

I don't think her parents have said no she can't court- I think Jana is waiting to do things in her own time. First, probably because she knows that the longer she puts off getting married, that is a just a bit longer before the pressure to start popping out her own kids.

I really don't think that many suitors are exactly knocking down the Duggars door to meet the older girls. The Duggar kids do get to go out and do fun stuff for the show, but it's usually activities or places that are filled with non-fundies. The family seems to have very few lasting relationships. The show makes it seem like the Bates are the Duggars best friends- but I really do not think the families are as close as TLC would like to make it seem.

Fundie men don't complain about shy women, but it seems like shy women are the last to court in the fundie world. I think the Duggars and Bates are good friends. If you look across their social media you'll see them hanging out a lot . Most of it hasn't been featured on the show. The Duggars have a few lasting relationships. They are also friends of the Paines, Hortanos, Querys and I'm sure there are others.

I'm not sure Jana wants to be married, but I do think she would like some male companionship.

Maybe what Jana needs is a really close female friend. We've heard the Duggars say before that they don't have close friendships outside the family, but I think Jana could really use a close friend who isn't related to her, especially since so many of her sisters have moved out. Or will be soon.

The last thing I did before going to sleep last night was read about sad Jana on FJ. I woke up feeling sad, having just had a very vivid dream about her. I dreamt I was at the TTH and everyone was all aflutter because Jana was courting and would be bringing her suitor to the house for the first time. I was as excited as everyone else, all 100 of them, until he walked in and I saw it was.....my ex-boyfriend Michael. He's the one that I loved and adored and hoped to be with forever, but we just couldn't make it work, no matter how hard we tried. I can still feel that sharp pang of heartache when I think about him and I probably always will. And I know he'd say the same about me.

So anyway, in walks a smiling Jana with my handsome, wonderful ex-boyfriend and my heart sinks. Our eyes meet and I know he's struggling internally, too. I feel panicky, jealous and heartsick and impulsively want to tell someone - probably Jessa - "WAIT! That's my ex-boyfriend! I want him back!!" But I swallow it and keep it in til I'm about to implode, and I see Jana's face again. She's quietly beaming and so poised. She would be so good for Michael. ...And he would take such good care of her. So I decide right then, I will never, ever say a word.... I woke up feeling panicked and sad, and resigned.

And I would totally do that. I would totally let Jana have my favorite ex-boyfriend!

I have a theory (fantasy) that Jana has a thing going on with a memeber of the production crew and one day she grabs a back-pack, her purse...kisses her buddies and walks out the door with him (or her). And, never looks back.

sigh. one can only hope.

I think quite a few people agree with you- :lol:

wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/96823155925

Ever since she posted this, I have this fantasy of Frank as Aladdin and Jana as Jasmine and him being all "I can show you the woooorld"... yes, in some ways I am perpetually ten years old.

(edit for bad spacing, whole post was scrunched together)

I think quite a few people agree with you- :lol:

wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/96823155925

Ever since she posted this, I have this fantasy of Frank as Aladdin and Jana as Jasmine and him being all "I can show you the woooorld"... yes, in some ways I am perpetually ten years old.

(edit for bad spacing, whole post was scrunched together)

OT, but your avatar and username ROCK!

Maybe what Jana needs is a really close female friend. We've heard the Duggars say before that they don't have close friendships outside the family, but I think Jana could really use a close friend who isn't related to her, especially since so many of her sisters have moved out. Or will be soon.

This is one of the things so troubling about the Duggars. My sister is literally my favourite person in the world but I need friends of my own as well. It's healthy.

Archived