IGNORED

The wedding ties

AniLand

The Coogan law does not apply because it does not cover reality shows. It's covers scripted programming such as tv sitcoms/dramas and movies. There may be tinkering of the show's plot but it does not rise to the level of scripted programming. Kids not getting paid became an issue with Jon and Kate to the point that their state tried to enact some type of law for kids in that position. I don't know if they were successful. It is also known that TLC pays with one check per family, although Josh's family may get a separate check now. There is no recourse for reality show family kids because, as of now, no law is being broken. If the parents want separate checks for their kids, they need to arrange that but that is not common. I believe the Honey Boo Boo mom has the channel send money directly into separate accounts for her kids. Jim Bob is never going to give his kids the chance to have money at 18 to escape. If the older girls actually had their own money you can bet they wouldn't be sharing all the clothes.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we know if that dress was offered in a little girl size? If not, Jana (or someone) had to do quite a bit of altering to cut down an adult dress to fit Hannie. Yet, we heard nothing about that. If the dress was available in little girl sizes, wouldn't that make it more likely that the dress really did come from a bridesmaid line? They would be more likely to have matching adult and little girl dresses than a department store.

I feel so sorry for Jana. Sewing all those dresses and ties was painstaking. I sew, and can sew well. I considered sewing bridesmaid dresses for my fundie wedding. But in the end decided to purchase LSD bridesmaid dresses for some big $$$ just because making bridesmaid dresses would be too time consuming and too much work.

You can get cheap ties in any color online. It seems to me that they just didn't look. Easier to just tell someone to make them.

And there are heaps of tea length dresses they could have bought. They travel to DC and everywhere, they could have taken a trip to Utah and had a real in-store bridesmaid shopping episode. They could have also got Jill's dress there too. They are cheap, not poor.

I don't think all the blame should fall on Jill either. I feel that JB and Michelle are to blame. They are super selfish. And if anybody thinks for one second that Jill actually planned her own wedding, they are mistaken. JB and Michelle controlled every aspect of it, no doubt telling her which dresses to pick, etc. They most surely wanted her to get dresses that needed to be drastically altered to bring attention to the fact that they try so hard to be modest.

She also pinned one on sewing tips for knits. :D But does she have a serger? seems like that would have been the easiest method... all around sucks though, poor Jana.

We didn't see one when she was sewing. I didn't even see any cone thread, what a serger uses. They aren't that pricey anymore and most people who do a lot of alterations have one. Than again this is JB if he can just keep buying PPOS at Wally World for $70 bucks I doubt he's gonna get those girls a serger for a couple hundred.

Did Jana have to make Steve's tie too? Lol

http://instagram.com/p/ufvoyrLs0w/

OT: That photo :lol: Jill is a natural at promotional stuff. That constant "on" personality would be hell for a shy, reserved person. She's practically leaning on him! And, the way Jill interacts with the announcer guy in this video: people.com/people/videos/0,,20865695,00.html (that baby-bottle game on the People website) could almost be taken for flirting. She doesn't realize that kind of attentive friendliness and constant eye-contact is seen differently outside fundiestan. It actually makes the announcer guy uncomfortable lol

Back to the sewing: It's too bad the family abuses Jana's selfless personality. She's behind-the-scenes, doing things for others. JB & M could choose to make sure she has respect and appreciation, if they had any awareness of others' feelings. Instead they seem to let Jana feel left out instead of appreciated for doing what's she's comfortable with, even if it isn't loud, front and center preaching their message. Both kinds of personalities are necessary. They need to invest more in Jana since behind the scenes people can be taken for granted and eventually snap from the neglect.

OT: That photo :lol: Jill is a natural at promotional stuff. That constant "on" personality would be hell for a shy, reserved person. She's practically leaning on him! And, the way Jill interacts with the announcer guy in this video: people.com/people/videos/0,,20865695,00.html (that baby-bottle game on the People website) could almost be taken for flirting. She doesn't realize that kind of attentive friendliness and constant eye-contact is seen differently outside fundiestan. It actually makes the announcer guy uncomfortable lol

Back to the sewing: It's too bad the family abuses Jana's selfless personality. She's behind-the-scenes, doing things for others. JB & M could choose to make sure she has respect and appreciation, if they had any awareness of others' feelings. Instead they seem to let Jana feel left out instead of appreciated for doing what's she's comfortable with, even if it isn't loud, front and center preaching their message. Both kinds of personalities are necessary. They need to invest more in Jana since behind the scenes people can be taken for granted and eventually snap from the neglect.

I noticed that too! She looked like she had a mad crush on that People guy! So funny and awkward.

Fundies and Mormons haven't cornered the market on modesty. Conservative and Orthodox Jews also wear sleeves and longer dresses.

The whole fam damily trooped to NYC a couple years ago to get The Uterous in Chief a wedding dress for her vow renewal - so why couldn't they do something in NYC where there is a large Jewish population that is serviced with modest outfits?

Archived