IGNORED

The Duggar "modesty" standards are useless

jchelleslastegg

I was taught that traditionally boys wore shorts, girls wore just over the knee dresses and hair in braids. When you grew up men were "allowed" to wear long pants and ladies were "allowed" to wear their hair up and ankle length skirts. It was very exciting to be finally grown up enough to "put your hair up", according to my great grandmother. It had nothing to do with the way anyone else perceived you - it was about being an adult. The length in the skirts/trousers showed you no longer played but were a working adult. (During the World Wars the length of trousers and skirts for different ages was defined by the government due to fabric shortages but that's a different issue.) My grandmothers (now 99 & 100) were the rebels. They didn't put their hair up - they cut it short!

Bottom line, men need to be taught self-control.

Amen and amen.

Can I get an amen?

It's just ridiculous that the burden for someone thoughts is placed on someone else. Okay, so maybe the Duggars have a point of teaching their sons to look away. At least they are teaching the boys to be responsible for their own thoughts. Teaching them some way to deal with it.

It truly does seem to me that if men are so visual and one glance at a woman's flat abs is going give him an instant erection, then men need to learn to harness that and control it. Even if they all have to go around thinking "Nike", look down and start reciting baseball stats.

Archived