IGNORED

Most cringeworthy Duggar episode(s)

jchelleslastegg

Definitely when they went to China. Just when they're going over taking the Beijing Subway pissed me off; if they were going to a rural part of China, maybe some of what they were telling the kids would be valid, but Beijing is basically New York but less diverse; most people who live there see plenty of foreigners, and most can speak English to some degree. And saying "gracias" to the ticket booth lady....really? You couldn't bother to learn "xie xie" (pronounced shyeh-shyeh) before going on a trip to China? (Sorry, I'm a Westerner living in China and Americans who make zero effort to learn even basic pleasantries before coming here piss me off, especially if they expect tourists and immigrants in the US to speak flawless English)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That one where Boob thought he could actually have a Duggar family farm, then he gives JD, Joseph and Josiah a birds and the bees talk after he's elbow deep in a cow's ass.

I felt bad for the kids.

And the farm family was totally making fun of the girls for showing up in skirts and flip flops...

Definitely when they went to China.

In addition to that (not cringeworthy) but when they were taking the bullet train and they were wandering all over trying to find where the exit is so they can go to their hotel. Where was all their luggage that they constantly remind us how much of it they have?

I'm another who won't believe for a second that Jim Bob said that sex with Michelle is like "throwing a hot dog down a hallway." Jim Bob makes inappropriate remarks about sex, he plays ridiculous jokes, he can be very inconsiderate toward others, but I don't believe he would ever be so cruel toward Michelle, and have never seen anything on the show to indicate this.

I have only ever seen this statement on various internet forums and in memes. Better to shut this rumor down before it gains any traction.

The one where Jim Bob and Michelle went on the marriage course weekend. Everytime she tried to speak to him, he completely dismissed everything she said. It was then I realised things weren't as rosy as we all thought.

.... that Jim Bob said that sex with Michelle is like "throwing a hot dog down a hallway." Jim Bob makes inappropriate remarks about sex, he plays ridiculous jokes, he can be very inconsiderate toward others, but I don't believe he would ever be so cruel toward Michelle, and have never seen anything on the show to indicate this.

I have only ever seen this statement on various internet forums and in memes. Better to shut this rumor down before it gains any traction.

I agree, even if you read up (which most don't) the original poster came back later in the thread saying that they read it somewhere and wasn't even sure that where they read it said that JB said that. :angry-banghead:

The one where Jim Bob and Michelle went on the marriage course weekend. Everytime she tried to speak to him, he completely dismissed everything she said. It was then I realised things weren't as rosy as we all thought.

Yes!! This was a very "telling" episode I think that got glossed over. It actually portrays Michelle as quite a victim. It shows JB as the typical stupid fool that just wants to be the center of attention.

One of my least favorite moments watching the Duggar kiddos out in the wider world: when they accept the invitation to Restoration Church by their trainer's pastor friend. It was the episode where the 'gender' of Josh and Anna's third child was revealed.

This giant congregation celebrates their faith with a very jubilant spirit- live band, many-membered choir up on stage boisterously singing, members of the congregation dancing, clapping hands and singing along. And there's the whole line of Duggarlings, mouths agape in utter horror.

They're frowning, looking down, looking at each other in complete confusion and disdain. Only Boob, Jchelle, Smugs and Anna are smiling, clapping with the beat, even swaying a bit. I've always wondered what they told the kids later... "Yes, those people were listening to rock music and even dancing. But we don't do that because we're Jesus' favorites and we're going to heaven, but they....are not."

I had tried to scrub my brain of this episode. And in THs with the older girls they were all trying to come up with nice things to say about the service and couldn't and it was just painful to watch.

Yes!! This was a very "telling" episode I think that got glossed over. It actually portrays Michelle as quite a victim. It shows JB as the typical stupid fool that just wants to be the center of attention.

This is what I always think of when people say Michelle is totally in charge and Boob would do anything for her. He'd do anything for her except listen to her and respect her opinion, I guess.

He pretty much said that having sex with Michelle, was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

Maybe JB was using a cocktail wiener. That remark is all-out douchebaggery.

I had tried to scrub my brain of this episode. And in THs with the older girls they were all trying to come up with nice things to say about the service and couldn't and it was just painful to watch.

Whatdo you think Ma and Pa Duggar tell the kids about people worshipping differently? It was watching that, among so many other moments that truly made me question what kind of fear tactics are being used in that home. The cameras could not hide their horror-filled reactions. The little girls looked frightened and the boys - disgusted and even angry. And like you said Firiel, the girls attempt at a diplomatic reaction failed miserably.

Another question...how is it that the leghumpers consistently miss these many glaring examples of things being so terribly wrong in this small, scary world? Honestly, it just absolutely sickens me to hear so many people say these parents are raising such lovely, well-adjusted, giving children and the world would be a better place if there were more like them. :shock: :o :wtf:

Archived